QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

How firm is Watson's commitment to Clemson?

He says it's firm but there are things going on behind the scenes that would disagree.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do y'all know about QB, Will Grier from North Carolina? If we don't get Watson or Harris, are we going after this guy? I think he's around 6-3, 180.

What do y'all know about QB, Will Grier from North Carolina? If we don't get Watson or Harris, are we going after this guy? I think he's around 6-3, 180.

He's All Gator. It's not clear at this time what the staff will do if we miss on Harris and Watson.

Were we to miss on BH I can't see Gus & Rhett sitting back and waiting on DW. I could be way off but I really like Rozier. I know he commited to the U recently but IMO CDC could convince him to stay home.

KKolumbo, Pops or Jonesy: Anyone know what CGM & CRL think about Rozier? Obviously not among our top wants but I thought CRL went to evaluate him didn't he? It could have been Craig now that I think about it that saw him.

He's All Gator. It's not clear at this time what the staff will do if we miss on Harris and Watson.

The big question is what does our staff do if they miss on Harris? Do they go after another big-time guy or wait on Watson who may not flip until January (if he does even flip) . I'm sure they could still get a 3-star guy in January like Doss or Rosier. But the July 18 decision is critical for Auburn. It affects WRs and even '15 QB. I don't see taking a '15 QB committment before a '14 committment. I'm sure Gus and his staff have an alternate plan spread sheet (or flow sheet) to be updated (or refreshed) after every domino drops

Were we to miss on BH I can't see Gus & Rhett sitting back and waiting on DW. I could be way off but I really like Rozier. I know he commited to the U recently but IMO CDC could convince him to stay home.

KKolumbo, Pops or Jonesy: Anyone know what CGM & CRL think about Rozier? Obviously not among our top wants but I thought CRL went to evaluate him didn't he? It could have been Craig now that I think about it that saw him.

Rosier grew up a huge Miami fan. I doubt at this point we flip him. It was Rhett who evalled him. You have a PM.

Is it possible that if we miss on Watson and Harris, that we sit tight and wait until 2015? With Jeremy Johnson coming in, Nick Marshall with 2 years left (hopefully!!!), and Jonathan Wallace, do we focus our efforts on 2015 and Tyler Queen from North Cobb High in GA? With Doss and Rozier gone, are we that high on any of our other targets that we use a scholly on them, or offer it to another position of need?

Is it possible that if we miss on Watson and Harris, that we sit tight and wait until 2015? With Jeremy Johnson coming in, Nick Marshall with 2 years left (hopefully!!!), and Jonathan Wallace, do we focus our efforts on 2015 and Tyler Queen from North Cobb High in GA? With Doss and Rozier gone, are we that high on any of our other targets that we use a scholly on them, or offer it to another position of need?

For us to wait on 2015 and not sign a 2014 QB all of the following likely has to happen.

1. whoever is starting QB does a good job

2. JJ progresses well this year in practice while being redshirted or wins the starting job and does well

3. No QB transfers after losing the QB battle.

The staff wants to take an elite QB in every class if we can. The staff is All In on Harris and Watson. All other QB prospects have bee virtually put on hold by Auburn at least til Harris commits.

For us to wait on 2015 and not sign a 2014 QB all of the following likely has to happen.

1. whoever is starting QB does a good job

2. JJ progresses well this year in practice while being redshirted or wins the starting job and does well

3. No QB transfers after losing the QB battle.

The staff wants to take an elite QB in every class if we can. The staff is All In on Harris and Watson. All other QB prospects have bee virtually put on hold by Auburn at least til Harris commits.

I believe that once QB's around the country see the real Gus offense, we won't have to worry much about it anymore. Thanks, as always, for your hard work and dedication in keeping us armchair QB's informed on what's going on. War Eagle!

Looks like I spoke to soon on QBs while being a day late on the info. lol Sean White will visit Auburn after the Opening. Here is a good, free article on the kid. Link

Why don't we throw out some offers and see if we'll get some takers from 5* stud QB's instdeed of waiting aroud and do nothing.

Why don't we throw out some offers and see if we'll get some takers from 5* stud QB's instdeed of waiting aroud and do nothing.

The 5 *s are taken and the staff feels good about Harris right now.

Kid looks great. If we miss on BH I wouldn't mind having an elite 11 drop-back QB in our arsenal. I felt like our staff was dual threat all the way right now and didn't expect a drop-back guy to even visit. Only negative I see with White is he's a little smaller than you would like for a drop-back guy (probably about like Trickett). But I'd sign this kid even if we do get Harris. Don't know why but I kind of expect a little attrition or a position change.

And surprisingly, who is not in that top 6, is Cornwell...

Yeah. Word is Dilfer rode him hard the past 2 days.

And surprisingly, who is not in that top 6, is Cornwell...

Yeah. Word is Dilfer rode him hard the past 2 days.

But was reported on Birmingham TV that Dilfer said "Cornwell has "unlimited" potential if he gets in the correct throwing positions".

Archived