QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need more QB threads. We don't have enough of them. :blink:

Good point. Merging this with the QB recruiting thread.

I get lucky every once in awhile. ;)

I think they will get a commit from SW or BH. If not, they will try to out recruit Clemson and Florida for Watson and Grier but longshot.

There is a possibility with several In-state prospects like Jordan, Rosier, Doss, and Hodges flips from small college to AU like Wallace from UCF to AU with last minute back in 2012. Tyler Harris, Quinton Flowers and Cole Garvin? Maybe.

I don't think I would consider Ga. Tech, Miami, and Ole Miss small colleges. They probably consider us small college after last year, but I understand your point. I believe there is a good chance they would flip since they are home grown. Out of state schools understand that risk when they accept a commit from a recruit not shown much interest at the time by their in-state schools. Hopefully this scenario is just hypothetical and it doesn't come to that.

To SEC fans, yes... Kinda... Lol!

If Harris and White sign somewhere else, who'se the next QB on the list in this class?

Really appears that BH is going to LSWho..

No clue. Tyler Harris appears to be the only other quality uncommitted QB left in this class.

E, I know you've mentioned the other Harris (Tyler) several times over the last few months. He's a 4 star guy whose stock seems to have fallen. Do you have any idea why? Camp performance maybe? He seems like a quality Plan B to me. I think I would rather offer him than try to flip someone else. Of course, like everyone else, I hope Plan A comes through (A1 or A2).

His stock has definitely dropped. He was originally a top 100 player which included rated 07 on 247. He is now rated 90 barely hanging onto a 4th star with them and is a 3 star on other sites. I am not sure of the reason for the huge drop but at this point he does not have any commitable quality offers.

must be married too

If Harris and White sign somewhere else, who'se the next QB on the list in this class?

Really appears that BH is going to LSWho..

No clue. Tyler Harris appears to be the only other quality uncommitted QB left in this class.

E, I know you've mentioned the other Harris (Tyler) several times over the last few months. He's a 4 star guy whose stock seems to have fallen. Do you have any idea why? Camp performance maybe? He seems like a quality Plan B to me. I think I would rather offer him than try to flip someone else. Of course, like everyone else, I hope Plan A comes through (A1 or A2).

His stock has definitely dropped. He was originally a top 100 player which included rated 07 on 247. He is now rated 90 barely hanging onto a 4th star with them and is a 3 star on other sites. I am not sure of the reason for the huge drop but at this point he does not have any commitable quality offers.

The likely reason his "stock" has dropped. The rating systems are greatly influence by the offers from major universities and if a kid is ignored, they likely figure there is a good reason. All Tyler needs is an offer from Bama or USCe and he will be a solid 4* again.

must be married too

I wasn't referring to that but now that you mention it, lol. I have a standing joke with my wife when people ask how long have we been married. I tell them, " Well we have been married 40 years....... but it only seems like 39."

;D

The likely reason his "stock" has dropped. The rating systems are greatly influence by the offers from major universities and if a kid is ignored, they likely figure there is a good reason. All Tyler needs is an offer from Bama or USCe and he will be a solid 4* again.

Incorrect. There are a number of 3* players with many offers. And Tyler has a Bama offer altrhough it's not commitable.

What we need is one more NM being the QB thread, or have one thread steered that way. I gots to get paid.

Incorrect. There are a number of 3* players with many offers. And Tyler has a Bama offer altrhough it's not commitable.

What's a "non-committable offer"? ....it's BS, that's what it is. Otherwise he has offers from UK, MSU and Mid Tenn. Just sayin' that when he gets a couple committable offers from major powers, his status will improve. For years we've watched jumps in ratings for 3* guys when they get a couple major committable offers. Nothing against Mr. Harris but there is no point in denying that's what happens to commitments for USCw, Bama, UTex and the like. ...it's often worth another star for them.

What's a "non-committable offer"? ....it's BS, that's what it is. Otherwise he has offers from UK, MSU and Mid Tenn. Just sayin' that when he gets a couple committable offers from major powers, his status will improve. For years we've watched jumps in ratings for 3* guys when they get a couple major committable offers. Nothing against Mr. Harris but there is no point in denying that's what happens to commitments for USCw, Bama, UTex and the like. ...it's often worth another star for them.

Correlary yes. Causality probably not. Bigger offers don't Auto mean a bump. More times than not what it means is the services eval the most recent footage that got the player a biogger offer. Sometimes they decide to give a bump and sometimes they don't. But it comes from the evals the services do, not just because so and so school offered.

I always pulled for "So and So University" instead of the "University of So and So" or "So and So State"!! Their fans have bad haircuts and smell like food products from The State Fair.

I always pulled for "So and So University" instead of the "University of So and So" or "So and So State"!! Their fans have bad haircuts and smell like food products from The State Fair.

yellow or spicy brown?

yellow or spicy brown?

sw50sw8sw578.gif

It's funny how much White has gained in the poll since he committed to Auburn and it became likely that Harris is headed to LSU. I voted Harris because at the time I considered him to be the better prospect. That was before he showed up at Auburn with a string of handlers and didn't even look at the dorm or stadium.

Still, I didn't change my vote because, well, changing a vote after the fact seems very un-Auburn like.

It's funny how much White has gained in the poll since he committed to Auburn and it became likely that Harris is headed to LSU. I voted Harris because at the time I considered him to be the better prospect. That was before he showed up at Auburn with a string of handlers and didn't even look at the dorm or stadium.

Still, I didn't change my vote because, well, changing a vote after the fact seems very un-Auburn like.

Hahaha much respect for the integrity. I never changed mine either, though after the fact I am happier that we got White.

Archived