SEC West...

lsuj2006

Is the SEC West the best division in college football? If AU goes on to win the MNC, that's two in a row. If I'm not mistaken, we have 3 of the top 5 defenses. Also, if AU wins the SECCG, then that will be 3 out of 4 for the West in the toughest conference in CF.

Yeah, it's been pretty tough since Spurrier left. And even in Spurrier's last year, it was Auburn that kept him out of the SEC championship. :)

Just because AU is the best team in the country, well, we are not strong enough to drag the rest of the mediocre western division teams out of mediocraty.

Anytime you clinch the division in October, it does not speak well for the rest of the division. :au:

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

Is the SEC West the best division in college football? If AU goes on to win the MNC, that's two in a row. If I'm not mistaken, we have 3 of the top 5 defenses. Also, if AU wins the SECCG, then that will be 3 out of 4 for the West in the toughest conference in CF.

122101[/snapback]

If you really want some fun man, go post that on the Oklahoma board lol. They are sold that the Big 12 South is the conference of death.

i'd still have to take the big 12 south. ou, texas, tamu, osu, ttech... that's tough. i think the west is better at the top (au and lsu are better than ou and texas), but after that it's the south in a runaway most likely. bama against tamu (i'd pay to see that), okie state against magic matt (osu has too many weapons), ttech against ole miss (blow out against the rebs), msu against baylor (both have one decent win in florida and tamu). i'd put the south at around 3-1 in those games.... makes it 3-3. i guess we're closer than i thought.

I think it's safe to say that LSU has been AU's toughest game this year...

is that the general :au: concensus?

that question was like your high school homecoming queen saying she doesn't feel pretty and asking if you would call her cute. fishing my man.

that question was like your high school homecoming queen saying she doesn't feel pretty and asking if you would call her cute. fishing my man.

122226[/snapback]

That's cause she's knows whe's the finest girl in the whole school! :P

You forgot about Arkansas, the should have walked away with the W against Texas, and if Vince Young could rip the TT defense up Matt Jones would have had a field day with them.

For Oklahoma State, Morency is a nice tailback, and the Woods kids are good when on, but they aren't on alot. Their passing game is ranked in 100's in the nation.

Honestly, the reason that the Big 12 south looks so good this year is that all of the South teams are getting 2 wins against a very poor northern division.

is that the general  :au:   concensus?

122222[/snapback]

That is true, but I am sure Saben would not want a re-match with us now. The Borges offense is light years ahead of where it was in the 3rd game of the season, and the no-name defense too. Like LSU last year, Auburn has gotten better every game.

I would be willing to say that the corndogs are the runners up in the west. (you are ahead of uat.) :big:

Seriously, what do you want? we beat you. It matters not if it was by 1 or 100. A W is a W.

Don't you have another game to play this week? Are you gonna' feed off of AU's success the rest of the year? :blink:

TTech and aTm are over rated. We all know SEC ball is just a different speed and toughness. UTexas is always over rated, but Cedric Benson is for real.

is that the general  :au:   concensus?

122222[/snapback]

That is true, but I am sure Saben would not want a re-match with us now. The Borges offense is light years ahead of where it was in the 3rd game of the season, and the no-name defense too. Like LSU last year, Auburn has gotten better every game.

122231[/snapback]

Right. Just like Florida would not have liked to have seen us in the SECCG last year. I'm happy for :au: because I remember what it feels like to be in the hunt. I'm also glad that so far this year, and unless AU loses, LSU gave them their closest game.

122231[/snapback]

I agree, Auburn has only gotten better with every game. Remember the consesus entering last year's SEC Championship game...Georgia fans couldn't wait for the rematch. LSU was a MUCH better team later in the year, and Georgia just stayed the same. They didn't know what hit them.

Auburn is the same way this year. They will win the SEC Championship game going away. Rematch=No Problem

Archived