Question for AU students

WaReAgLe83

Did anyone besides me not hear about the raffle that was held today for SECCG tickets??? :angry: I swear sometimes this university drives me nuts.

Threads merged. Winning numbers posted [here].

Yeah I knew about it

If you went to campus today I have no idea how you didn't know about it...there was a huge line in front of Jordan-Hare.

I actually want to commend the university on a great job with it. The line was incredibly long but they got us through really quickly, had a great system in place.

Checking to see if you got tickets or not is a different story! Auburntigers.com has already crashed.

i'm here and i knew about it.

i think it helped that i was here last time we made the game (i'm a super senior), and that's how we did it then as well. so i knew what to expect.

I wondered how everybody just automatically knew. I live on Magnolia, I'm an engineering student, AND I walk to class instead of taking the bus. So I didn't even go near the stadium today.

Plus, unlike mcgufcm, I've only been here four years....

Well, I didn't win. :( But I have a question: Why did they only pick 1500? I thought there were supposed to be like 5000 student tickets? What's going on here?

I counted the numbers up and there were only 1500 tickets for all the students. We something north of 26,000 students, so only about 5% to 6% of the student body were able to win one.

Well count me in among the people who didnt win!

I have talked to 12 friends so far and none of them won.

I really hpoe that 1500 number isnt true, because thats awful if thats all they gave us. The stadium won't be loud at all!

Ah come on guys...I was in your same shoes 4 years ago and I still got tickets. Get in line and fork over the money for regular priced tickets and just be happy your team is where it is. :)

i was in my position 4 years ago as well. the only difference is that we got 1000 more student tickets last time. granted i may deserve to get burned for holding on to college for so long, but it still sucks that they'd chose a year like this to strip students of tickets.

The thing is all the regular priced tickets are already sold out. So the only chance is to find a student selling or go the day of the game in front of the stadium.

Wow, that sucks. We at least got to go stand in a 3 hour line to buy nose bleed seats from the ticket office...

And I thought 1500 was the same amount as in 2000...why would they change that?

nah what numa is talking about is that the university sells all leftover tickets to the students for regular price. there were a lot of those tickets in 2000. that's how i got my ticket then. this is just a discounted ticket thing. i bet we get a crack at a few more this year as well, but i still say it's wrong to lower the number.

Archived