Former 4* QB OU GT Austin Kendall to WVU (Update 1/16/19)

RunInRed

One thing for sure, if we get him it will be generally said he's a sleeper and we would rather have him than so and so

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why this kid didn't try to transfer to Independence or another big school in Charlotte, since Waxhaw is right outside of Charlotte. The last time I was in Waxhaw I saw more livestock than people LOL. I wonder what kind of competition he's facing. I haven't watched his videos yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe he's our #1 QB prospect, nor has he visited, but assuming he takes a visit and throws for the coaches he could be. UK trends at the moment.

I stand corrected, in my earlier post I asked why he didn't transfer to a school in Charlotte. Turns out he goes to Charlotte Christian. I am very weary of top prospects coming from these low competition private schools (I thank Kiehl Frazier for that). Sure, there can be some studs but for him to be racking up stats against 3A private school ball doesn't move the needle for me. He could be a fantastic QB but there is some risk here with the competition that he's facing IMO.

I stand corrected, in my earlier post I asked why he didn't transfer to a school in Charlotte. Turns out he goes to Charlotte Christian. I am very weary of top prospects coming from these low competition private schools (I thank Kiehl Frazier for that). Sure, there can be some studs but for him to be racking up stats against 3A private school ball doesn't move the needle for me. He could be a fantastic QB but there is some risk here with the competition that he's facing IMO.

Kerryon went to a 3A private school. Do you have doubts?

He didn't play against 3A private school opponents though. MA plays mostly public schools and over several different classifications to boot.

He didn't play against 3A private school opponents though. MA plays mostly public schools and over several different classifications to boot.

I gotcha!

I don't believe he's our #1 QB prospect, nor has he visited, but assuming he takes a visit and throws for the coaches he could be. UK trends at the moment.

Decommit from UT to go to UK. Nah. Would like to know more about him. Seems like he could be our guy

I think he is in our group of #1's. I think the top of QB board is Kendall, Malik Henry(fsu) & Patterson(ole miss).

Looks like we have been recruiting Kendall very hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of CBs to OU today. Something of substance must have occurred.

He said OU led when he visited on Friday. JMO, I think he is good but I have some other QBs higher on my list

Like who?

Juwan Pass and Ervin Barrett to name 2 uncommitted QB's. Shea Patterson as well, but I think he is firm with Ole Miss.

Like who?

Juwan Pass and Ervin Barrett to name 2 uncommitted QB's. Shea Patterson as well, but I think he is firm with Ole Miss.

Kendall is quite a bit more accuratte than Barrett FWIW.

Like who?

Kendall is quite a bit more accuratte than Barrett FWIW.

I wish Kendall threw the ball with his arm higher. He has a tendancy of almost throwing sidearm, and that may be a problem in college. He also throws many passes off his back foot. Your right, he is accurate and maybe his form problems can be fixed. He has escapabity too. If it were my choice I still take several before him. JMO.

he is accurate and maybe his form problems can be fixed.

If a QB ios accurate you don't mess w/ his form.

Wish Austin would give a firm commit to Auburn before other teams start pushing him hard to commit else where.

Wish Austin would give a firm commit to Auburn before other teams start pushing him hard to commit else where.

So you want Austin over Pass?

Archived