Former 4* QB OU GT Austin Kendall to WVU (Update 1/16/19)

RunInRed

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm only interested if he's a dual threat

Although the spiel that he played Kyler very close is interesting

He's a pocket passer

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh Auburn’s name being thrown in the mix for all these transfer qbs is pure speculation....Nix or Gatewood will be the starter

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Tbh Auburn’s name being thrown in the mix for all these transfer qbs is pure speculation....Nix or Gatewood will be the starter

Interesting that he is looking to leave the okies...he was Murray's backup last but played sparingly....should be he guy for the job this year but I guess not.

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Tbh Auburn’s name being thrown in the mix for all these transfer qbs is pure speculation

From fans only which doesn't mean jack to me. Kendall on the other hand has been contacted by AU so there is interest there.

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

I think that depends entirely on which QB we can get here. There are several out there that would be a waste of time and scholarship. A couple of others could help us bridge a one year gap. I can go either way assuming we can get a good fit.

If I had to guess, I'd go along with your thought that Nix or Gatewood will win the job. There's plenty of talent already on campus, we're not really desperate for a 2019 QB. I'd really prefer that we use the coaching time and practice reps on the guys that are already here.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I think that depends entirely on which QB we can get here. There are several out there that would be a waste of time and scholarship. A couple of others could help us bridge a one year gap. I can go either way assuming we can get a good fit.

If I had to guess, I'd go along with your thought that Nix or Gatewood will win the job. There's plenty of talent already on campus, we're not really desperate for a 2019 QB. I'd really prefer that we use the coaching time and practice reps on the guys that are already here.

I totally agree except CGM has to win now and that’s the problem. I wish he had some wiggle room so we could start one of bo or jg and get them all the reps.

I think we have enough dual threats (4 to be exact) none of which have shown that they are a top notch passing threat as of yet. I doubt if Kendall or any of the other GTs will sign with Auburn.  I just don't think CGM will promise them the starting job.  They'll have to earn it at Auburn but some programs may be desperate enough to assure the prospect that the job is theirs to lose. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

2 hours ago, autan said:

I think we have enough dual threats (4 to be exact) none of which have shown that they are a top notch passing threat as of yet

Unlikely Bo will be used as a Dual in college IMO. Also if Malik doesn't win the job he may move to DB. That leaves 2 that would be used as Duals FWIW.

2 hours ago, autan said:

I just don't think CGM will promise them the starting job.

He's been willing to do it before FWIW.

Just now, ellitor said:

Unlikely Bo will be used as a Dual in college IMO. Also if Malik doesn't win the job he may move to DB. That leaves 2 that would be used as Duals FWIW.

He's been willing to do it before FWIW.

I would promise it to Hurts. 

21 minutes ago, alexava said:

If he doesn’t think he can start at Oklahoma with the starter leaving then I don’t want him. 

He may not think he can beat out incoming Spencer Rattler.

I hope Willis pulls a Woody Barrett and goes to a smaller school just so he can know for himself how good a QB talent he is. He could move and all of that, but I feel it'd eat at him forever if he never got to play the position he loves. 

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I hope Willis pulls a Woody Barrett and goes to a smaller school just so he can know for himself how good a QB talent he is. He could move and all of that, but I feel it'd eat at him forever if he never got to play the position he loves. 

I'd rather have him be one of our DBs if he has an open mind about it if he doesn't win the QB job. We were one of the few schools to recruit him as a QB.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I would promise it to Hurts. 

I think I would too but that won't set Auburn apart from anyone else because he'll get that from the other schools who are interested too. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'd rather have him be one of our DBs if he has an open mind about it if he doesn't win the QB job. We were one of the few schools to recruit him as a QB.

I always side with the player personally, but I understand where you’re coming from 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I always side with the player personally, but I understand where you’re coming from 

Well to be fair we don't know he feels as you posted earlier.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's not a DB, imo

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well to be fair we don't know he feels as you posted earlier.

It’s my personal belief naturally, but it rarely seems that converted QBs ever seem to have the same fun. Again, just me 

Id definitely agree that he loves auburn though 

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would rather him become more consistent and become the starting QB. Think if he could put it all together he could be deadly with the RPO and the zone read. He has shown flashes at times of being real good.

All you can do is have an open competition ( forget I said I would promise the job to Hurts) but still you have a competition and go with who wins it. Forget how big and athletic Joey is. Forget Bo and his high school success. Forget Malik has been one turned ankle from the field for two years. Forget that Cord is 37 years old. And certainly forget all us internet coaches. The best man wins the rest decide to continue on the same path or work with the staff and change roles. We just watch. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

All you can do is have an open competition ( forget I said I would promise the job to Hurts) but still you have a competition and go with who wins it. Forget how big and athletic Joey is. Forget Bo and his high school success. Forget Malik has been one turned ankle from the field for two years. Forget that Cord is 37 years old. And certainly forget all us internet coaches. The best man wins the rest decide to continue on the same path or work with the staff and change roles. We just watch. 

I would like nothing better than an open competition, however, looking for a GT QB doesn’t sound like it would be opened if we get said GT.  Looking back at Gus’ QB battles in the spring; It wasn’t opened in 2015 (JJ was it from the get go), 2016 (anybody but SW), 2017 (JS was the shoe in) or 2018 (there was really not any competition).   Gus seems to go into the spring with a definite front runner and usually sticks with it.  I just have no idea what Gus will do with the talent he has on the roster.

So, as usual, I will just watch and observe. 

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

I would rather him become more consistent and become the starting QB. Think if he could put it all together he could be deadly with the RPO and the zone read. He has shown flashes at times of being real good.

I'd rather Joey do that TBH.

Archived