Pawlowski Fired

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's go do work now. Excited to know who it will be Sorry, but if this is just a shuffling to get Casey Dunn, the Auburn Man, in here, color me unimpressed. Put an accomplished name in there.

Wow, I must say I am very surprised it went this way, this fast. I have been banging this drum for over a year, and I hate it for Pawlowski as I am convinced he is an outstanding human being. This is encouraging only in that Jay Jacobs is beginning to show the resolve and fortitude to stand tall in less than acceptable circumstances. I wish John Pawlowski the best in his future coaching endeavors. It's now time to move on and up. I would wholeheartedly support Coach Dunn (I played for his dad), but I believe we may be selling ourselves short if we don't look at some other candidates "outside the family".

I'm tired of coaches being hired here just because they have a connection. I just want a proven, solid winner. AU Baseball has been really great in the past, and has some solid winning tradition.

This goes back a littlle way, posted back in the "current state":

"Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Dan McDonnell - Louisville

Tracy Smith - Indiana

Pete Hughes - Virginia Tech

Jake Boss - Michigan State

Craig Gibson - Mercer

Mark Calvi - South Alabama

Casey Dunn - Samford

I doubt if any of the first four would be willing to leave their current locations. I would think the SEC (getting out of the snow) and first rate facilities might be enough to lure one away. Mark Calvi will be an SEC/ACC coach somewhere within a couple of years. Casey is a Dunn and an Auburn man and that makes me partial to him."

Dunn??? OMG...why bother to get rid of JP? If we are going to all the trouble to change coaches I hope we don't repeat with another coach from a second or third level school in hopes that he can recruit and play against the likes of LSU, Vandy and the other serious SEC coaches. "Proven winner" means nothing at Samford or Jax State .....JP had better credentials than either of those coaches. As for AU baseball being great in the past....I beg to differ.....AU baseball has been fair to good in the past....only one serious run at the World Series in the past few decades. Might be nice to be better than in the past.

Hey 64, I think I speak for everyone when

Dunn??? OMG...why bother to get rid of JP? If we are going to all the trouble to change coaches I hope we don't repeat with another coach from a second or third level school in hopes that he can recruit and play against the likes of LSU, Vandy and the other serious SEC coaches. "Proven winner" means nothing at Samford or Jax State .....JP had better credentials than either of those coaches. As for AU baseball being great in the past....I beg to differ.....AU baseball has been fair to good in the past....only one serious run at the World Series in the past few decades. Might be nice to be better than in the past.

Hey '64, you've proved over the course of this season that your opinion doesn't count.

Whoever the next candidate is, I will not be expecting anything less than competing for the SEC west title and assuring themselves of a regional a little more than halfway through the season. It's time for us to stop expecting mediocrity, and starting to have high expectations. We have an amazing talent level returning next year if we can get many to stay for their senior seasons. It's other sports as well. Those who have read some of my posts this year along the baseball season can infer I am very optimistic during the season, but when the season is over, it's time to evaluate, and we should have done more this year. The last three years have featured Auburn holding out hope that they can barely sneak into the NCAA tournament. I say it's time to start expecting a dominant team again. We saw what the lottery scholarships did for Georgia this year: squat. So are they really that helpful? San Diego has a guy who leads the NCAA in home runs with 31, SAN DIEGO! What is so appealing about San Diego that's not about Auburn from an athletics standpoint? Nothing! Not only am I tired of not competing, I'm tired of not winning. It's time to win again, and time to be elite again. I will have high first year expectations for next year's coach, and may have him on the hot seat if he cannot make a regional.

I would hope we go big. Just reading from guys like Baseball America, Perfect Game, etc, they seem to be putting the blame more on Auburn as a program than Pawlowski as a coach. While I stayed indifferent on him throughout the season, I understand why the move was made...if we go big. I am an Auburn student, supporter, fan, since six weeks old, and I'm sorry, the Baird years were pretty good, but I don't remember them very well. If we're hanging on to the fact that Auburn should be a job every coach wants because of fair success, we are delusional. So, by kicking CJP to the curb, I hope we are aiming big. Just as people who slammed Pawlowski ad nauseum got to do, I will just as vehemently go against hiring Casey Dunn just because he's a freakin "Auburn man." Go after the best, pay the best, get the best coach available willing to fix this, regardless of the insignia on his diploma.

just amazed...wow are you really going in the right direction totally lost my respect for auburn and its athletic director Coach paw got zero funds he was promised to update faculties, his office was a concrete bunker.......was limited at non-athletic perks like other schools off (out of state discounts ect) Auburn baseball will continue to fall and quite frankly will not find a better coach.....keep hiring Auburn alumni....see where it gets ya.....the program was handled with dignity, class. The man had big time ties in major leagues, as well as relationships with Tim Hudson, Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas ..Well played Jacobs....you are horrible spineless man who hides behind his 56 inch waist making decisions to try to save his own hide.....really 2 years out of a national champsionship and you fire Chiz...spineless loser.....not spending another dime to watch you and your decisions....pathetic

Hey 64, I think I speak for everyone when

Hey '64, you've proved over the course of this season that your opinion doesn't count.

My vote counts the same as yours in this matter....ZERO.

I like the guy at OKState; Holliday. Or the one from Michigan. Both young but come from solid places and are considered great recruiters.

just amazed...wow are you really going in the right direction totally lost my respect for auburn and its athletic director Coach paw got zero funds he was promised to update faculties, his office was a concrete bunker.......was limited at non-athletic perks like other schools off (out of state discounts ect) Auburn baseball will continue to fall and quite frankly will not find a better coach.....keep hiring Auburn alumni....see where it gets ya.....the program was handled with dignity, class. The man had big time ties in major leagues, as well as relationships with Tim Hudson, Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas ..Well played Jacobs....you are horrible spineless man who hides behind his 56 inch waist making decisions to try to save his own hide.....really 2 years out of a national champsionship and you fire Chiz...spineless loser.....not spending another dime to watch you and your decisions....pathetic

I do think the Chiz fire was necessary. I think after 2011, the Auburn fan base needed to see some improvement. 2 years removed from an NC and going 3-9 is unordinary to say the least. I do see your point though, but I hope the fire is meant to make a statement to the rest of the baseball world that Auburn's aim is to win, not to just compete.

It... seems... your... are... mad....

Archived