Pawlowski Fired

just amazed...wow are you really going in the right direction totally lost my respect for auburn and its athletic director Coach paw got zero funds he was promised to update faculties, his office was a concrete bunker.......was limited at non-athletic perks like other schools off (out of state discounts ect) Auburn baseball will continue to fall and quite frankly will not find a better coach.....keep hiring Auburn alumni....see where it gets ya.....the program was handled with dignity, class. The man had big time ties in major leagues, as well as relationships with Tim Hudson, Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas ..Well played Jacobs....you are horrible spineless man who hides behind his 56 inch waist making decisions to try to save his own hide.....really 2 years out of a national champsionship and you fire Chiz...spineless loser.....not spending another dime to watch you and your decisions....pathetic

Bye, IMHO don't need fans like you anyways

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just amazed...wow are you really going in the right direction totally lost my respect for auburn and its athletic director Coach paw got zero funds he was promised to update faculties, his office was a concrete bunker.......was limited at non-athletic perks like other schools off (out of state discounts ect) Auburn baseball will continue to fall and quite frankly will not find a better coach.....keep hiring Auburn alumni....see where it gets ya.....the program was handled with dignity, class. The man had big time ties in major leagues, as well as relationships with Tim Hudson, Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas ..Well played Jacobs....you are horrible spineless man who hides behind his 56 inch waist making decisions to try to save his own hide.....really 2 years out of a national champsionship and you fire Chiz...spineless loser.....not spending another dime to watch you and your decisions....pathetic

Hasta la vista. I see this decision (finally) as proof that Jacobs does indeed have a spine. A flat line sub .500 record in conference over the last three years is nowhere close to the right direction. Your arrogance is tiresome.

Dunn??? OMG...why bother to get rid of JP? If we are going to all the trouble to change coaches I hope we don't repeat with another coach from a second or third level school in hopes that he can recruit and play against the likes of LSU, Vandy and the other serious SEC coaches. "Proven winner" means nothing at Samford or Jax State .....JP had better credentials than either of those coaches. As for AU baseball being great in the past....I beg to differ.....AU baseball has been fair to good in the past....only one serious run at the World Series in the past few decades. Might be nice to be better than in the past.

I would hope we go big. Just reading from guys like Baseball America, Perfect Game, etc, they seem to be putting the blame more on Auburn as a program than Pawlowski as a coach. While I stayed indifferent on him throughout the season, I understand why the move was made...if we go big. I am an Auburn student, supporter, fan, since six weeks old, and I'm sorry, the Baird years were pretty good, but I don't remember them very well. If we're hanging on to the fact that Auburn should be a job every coach wants because of fair success, we are delusional. So, by kicking CJP to the curb, I hope we are aiming big. Just as people who slammed Pawlowski ad nauseum got to do, I will just as vehemently go against hiring Casey Dunn just because he's a freakin "Auburn man." Go after the best, pay the best, get the best coach available willing to fix this, regardless of the insignia on his diploma.

Afraid you are correct. Some folks need to look at a little history of AU baseball. Some very good teams over the years but mostly mediocre teams and even Coach Baird had JP like seasons off and on.

It is another scapegoat for the real problem, but I will spare all of you from another JJ bashing. Paw was promised upgraded facilities and more funds, however. To put all of this on him is unfair. Who knows, maybe we'll strike gold, though!

I'd love to see us try something crazy. Offer Freddy Gonzalez from the Braves. Would he come? 99.9% chance of a no, but you never know who would want to come back and coach college ball. We wouldn't get him, but It'd be a statement to the Auburn people that we're here to win. Idk, just a crazy idea

do you expect Au to be good in baseball....they have sucked for years..u act like you were ever a powerhouse get real my friends and say goodbye to Keegan Thompson and Davis....face the facts.......since Baird, you have never fielded a remotely decent team.....good luck.........my guess u dont make it to the NCAA for 5 more years and 3 more coaches.........sad thing is many really dont know what u lost......winning and losing is important...but graduating kids and giving a bit of class to a program is really a big deal.........pathetic that good coaches lose jobs of sorry ass athletic directors who make promises that their portly self does not follow thru with many in the portion of funds to a program.........

It is another scapegoat for the real problem, but I will spare all of you from another JJ bashing. Paw was promised upgraded facilities and more funds, however. To put all of this on him is unfair. Who knows, maybe we'll strike gold, though!

Well the basketball arena is done so maybe there would be some money for baseball now. That's life in big time sports....some guy gets fired and the new coach negotiates a bunch of improvements to take the job. We will see how serious AU is by the coach that takes the job ....because a real serious coach will likely demand some serious $$ for facility improvements.

True but none of that explains being at the bottom of the league in defense every year, the poor baserunning decisions, and the mind boggling pitching and bunting decisions. We have been a poorly coached team for 3 years now. This was the right move. I agree with others tho that we need to shoot for more than casey dunn

Well the basketball arena is done so maybe there would be some money for baseball now. That's life in big time sports....some guy gets fired and the new coach negotiates a bunch of improvements to take the job. We will see how serious AU is by the coach that takes the job ....because a real serious coach will likely demand some serious $$ for facility improvements.

I just wanna win... :(

True but none of that explains being at the bottom of the league in defense every year, the poor baserunning decisions, and the mind boggling pitching and bunting decisions. We have been a poorly coached team for 3 years now. This was the right move. I agree with others tho that we need to shoot for more than casey dunn

I agree and it makes no sense. Maybe you get that one year, but the next year you work on it. Its the same problem in football and basketball. Do the coaches here just skip fundamentals for some reason. Haven't had good fundamentals since Steve Renfro was the coach. Kind of wish we had him back.

Dunns not ready for this job...maybe as an assistant...but from a former player who know several college coaches I can tell you that the players were not well coached and poor decisions were made. Couple of top candidates are COrbin, MCDonell, etc..top tier guys that done get paid enough

do you expect Au to be good in baseball....they have sucked for years..u act like you were ever a powerhouse get real my friends and say goodbye to Keegan Thompson and Davis....face the facts.......since Baird, you have never fielded a remotely decent team.....good luck.........my guess u dont make it to the NCAA for 5 more years and 3 more coaches.........sad thing is many really dont know what u lost......winning and losing is important...but graduating kids and giving a bit of class to a program is really a big deal.........pathetic that good coaches lose jobs of sorry ass athletic directors who make promises that their portly self does not follow thru with many in the portion of funds to a program.........

You don't sound much like an AU fan to me...Lot a u's and you's in that post.

no, no. The upgraded facilities and things promised to him would make the mosy fundamentally unsound team you will ever see the exact opposite. We don't lack the talent. We lack a solid gameplan and the ability to go out and not beat ourselves. I hate it for Coach Paw. He seems like a great human being. I do hope we don't just limit our search to "an Auburn man".

You don't sound much like an AU fan to me...Lot a u's and you's in that post.

He's a troll. Don't feed the troll.

i am a fan but your athletic director is covering his own butt...u spend millions on a basketball arena and cant even compete.....no money for an inside hitting facility..........football really doesnt look promising....and baseball....wow....its going to take 3-4 more seasons to even get to this level again...what does that solve? u had an amazing recruitment class coming in of which you will lose ( and yes know this for sure) this was a complete dumb move........has anybody looked at Dunn;s records? just because he played here? Jacob's is attempting to save his own hide......auburn sports is in dire straights and will be for a long time good luck

Chairman a troll...really? hide behind a keyboard....no personal shots on anybody........real class.. related to Jacobs...same spineless attitude.....

JJ firing someone doesn't change anything. This decision was already made. Hence the quick axe after the selection show. He is just trying to save himself. The only way I could have faith is if he handles the search different than previous ones. We're watching JJ, no more screw ups.....

JJ firing someone doesn't change anything. This decision was already made. Hence the quick axe after the selection show. He is just trying to save himself. The only way I could have faith is if he handles the search different than previous ones. We're watching JJ, no more screw ups.....

People been ragging on JJ for a month or more to fire JP and now that it happens, it's about JJ? :-\ Seems like maybe he was just doing his job....certainly not going to can the coach when there was a chance the team could get a NCAA slot.

i am a fan but your athletic director is covering his own butt...u spend millions on a basketball arena and cant even compete.....no money for an inside hitting facility..........football really doesnt look promising....and baseball....wow....its going to take 3-4 more seasons to even get to this level again...what does that solve? u had an amazing recruitment class coming in of which you will lose ( and yes know this for sure) this was a complete dumb move........has anybody looked at Dunn;s records? just because he played here? Jacob's is attempting to save his own hide......auburn sports is in dire straights and will be for a long time good luck

the basketball facilities, the indoor batting cage and paw's office decor did not make auburn one of the worst fielding and base running teams in the sec ... Again. These kids have been playing baseball their whole lives ... How do they make these levels of mistakes this many years in a row.

It seems fairly unanimous that paw was a great guy, recruited solid student athletes and was a positive mentor. I hope our next coach is all of those things and wins more games.

I want auburn competing to host regionals every year. That is my benchmark for our program. I hope we don't lose the incoming class, but unfortunately that is a risk after you make a change. 4 below average seasons is greater than the "what-if" of next year.

the basketball facilities, the indoor batting cage and paw's office decor did not make auburn one of the worst fielding and base running teams in the sec ... Again. These kids have been playing baseball their whole lives ... How do they make these levels of mistakes this many years in a row.

It seems fairly unanimous that paw was a great guy, recruited solid student athletes and was a positive mentor. I hope our next coach is all of those things and wins more games.

I want auburn competing to host regionals every year. That is my benchmark for our program. I hope we don't lose the incoming class, but unfortunately that is a risk after you make a change. 4 below average seasons is greater than the "what-if" of next year.

Hasn't the incoming class already signed their letters?

Chairman a troll...really? hide behind a keyboard....no personal shots on anybody........real class.. related to Jacobs...same spineless attitude.....

I will assume this is directed at me even though its written as Chairman (whatever that means). Clearly a forum rookie. There's clue #2 that you are a troll. Clue #1 is referring to everyone related to Auburn as YOU and not WE or us. It seems you also struggle with writing a complete sentence while you are hiding behind a keyboard too, and only taking shots at Auburn. I call them as I see them. Don't like it, I couldn't care less. Yes, you are a troll.

This goes back a littlle way, posted back in the "current state":

"Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Dan McDonnell - Louisville

Tracy Smith - Indiana

Pete Hughes - Virginia Tech

Jake Boss - Michigan State

Craig Gibson - Mercer

Mark Calvi - South Alabama

Casey Dunn - Samford

I doubt if any of the first four would be willing to leave their current locations. I would think the SEC (getting out of the snow) and first rate facilities might be enough to lure one away. Mark Calvi will be an SEC/ACC coach somewhere within a couple of years. Casey is a Dunn and an Auburn man and that makes me partial to him."

Adjusted for those of us who use the blue background. Please don't use blue font.

Dunn??? OMG...why bother to get rid of JP? If we are going to all the trouble to change coaches I hope we don't repeat with another coach from a second or third level school in hopes that he can recruit and play against the likes of LSU, Vandy and the other serious SEC coaches. "Proven winner" means nothing at Samford or Jax State .....JP had better credentials than either of those coaches. As for AU baseball being great in the past....I beg to differ.....AU baseball has been fair to good in the past....only one serious run at the World Series in the past few decades. Might be nice to be better than in the past.

Dunn is not a proven winner. ! NCAA appearance in 8 years and a .500 conference record in a low conference.

I'm tired of coaches being hired here just because they have a connection. I just want a proven, solid winner. AU Baseball has been really great in the past, and has some solid winning tradition.

So what was Pawlowski's connection?

Archived