Bama Planning Big Surprise?

Proud Tiger

Two bama guys were talking today near my office. One who is usually pretty savy about what's going on in Tuscaloosa said the rumor was that Brodie Croyle was going to be ready to play this Satuday if needed. I have no idea what the status of Croyle's recovery is or whether it's even possible he could play. But it does raise an interesting scenario. Any of our bama friends here know for a fact that this isn't a possibility?

then he couldn't be redshirted and he couldn't play next year

122302[/snapback]

I thought he was a junior this year but I don't keep up with him :D

Oh my God.  If he played and got hurt again, would Shula even make it to the locker room alive???

122307[/snapback]

That was my first thought but when people are desperate they do strange things.

After the lsu loss it seems alot of bama fans went down the wrong road in their head....

I can see it now..: "Oh sure...Brodie is coming in this saturday....ray is also going to be healthy...Oh ya, the bear is also gonna help shula this weekend! Oh man, auburn doesnt stand a chance, especially because we are playing at legion field...where auburn doesnt have a homefield advantage (<--supposed to be a joke for those who dont catch it)."

This is bogus, and its obvious....A leg injury like he has, you wont be back at all in the season, no matter what....and not only that, but not using that leg for a while? Ya, you take rehab to get that back to normal for months!! He'll be right right before spring training after the rehab is all done.

And also, I would give a million bucks for croyle to play instead of the other qb....I mean hell you know how rusty he would be??? Not only that, but his leg barely being rehabed? He would be running ten times slowly, his passes would be off (for not playing at all this season) and he would just be rusty as hell.

listen up....if i am not mistaken,croyle was redshirted as a freshman and cannot be redshirted again.....a medical hardship will not be granted because he is not a senior and has been redshirted.....to get a sixth year,bammer will have to apply to the ncaa and it will not be granted unless he misses the entire season,which he did not.....he has one more year to play unless he cannot come back from the knee surgery and has to sit out all of next year....if coach hula plays him this saturday,croyle daddy ought to sue hula and then whup his ass

croyle has already applied for and been denied a medical redshirt. He has one more year to "play".

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

If broadway brodie played he wouldn't be able to do anything but walk without risking tearing that new ACL. It takes at least 3-4 months to return to the field, not 7 weeks. There's no way he even dresses for this game.

IMO, the big surprise is that they've taken all of their old QBs and created a "bear-quality QB" for this game. They've cloned Bart Starr's brain, Stabler's legs, Namath's upper body and arms, and Steve Sloan's guts and have created a QB that can't lose. He's an 18-yo freshman with a 4.0 in Molecular Engineering, 6'7", 245 lbs, 4.21 40-yard dash, bench presses 395 and squats over 500. They're pretty happy with him now, but are waiting to see if he develops physically before they'll give him the nod over broadway brodie for next season. That's what we're going to be facing Saturday at BD. I sure hope we can compete with them.

croyle has already applied for and been denied a medical redshirt. He has one more year to "play".

122359[/snapback]

This is completely untrue. The NCAA does not allow you to apply for a medical red-shirt until one of 2 things has happened.

1. Your Senior season is over and an injury has kept you from playing more than 4/5ths of your games OR

2. You have a 5 year of eligibility and the last game of your injury season has been played.

The NCAA states that if a player is injured and he does not play in more than 2.57 (crazy as hell but true) then when the last game of the season is finished he can submit the red-shirt application. It will be reviewed and then granted or denied withing 60 days( might be 90 but I think it is 60).

Completely off subject.  But I ask, is it just my opinion of Shula, or is he becoming the Dan Quale of the SEC?

122369[/snapback]

Well, he got Bama to a bowl, so he's got one more year of "probation" before brick sales go up in Tuscaloosa.

I predict:

1) Orange Bowl or not, Auburn will cream UAT in recruiting this year.

2) Shula will have a record next season not too different from this season (Fewer injuries, but less talent due to graduation losses). This year's "promising freshmen" willl still be too unseasoned and outnumbered depth-wise to change the record very much.

3) Auburn will win the Iron bowl AGAIN next year, making it four in a row and five out of six.

and..

Bama will be calling for Shula's head.

Just my best guess...

122359[/snapback]

This is completely untrue. The NCAA does not allow you to apply for a medical red-shirt until one of 2 things has happened.

1. Your Senior season is over and an injury has kept you from playing more than 4/5ths of your games OR

2. You have a 5 year of eligibility and the last game of your injury season has been played.

The NCAA states that if a player is injured and he does not play in more than 2.57 (crazy as hell but true) then when the last game of the season is finished he can submit the red-shirt application. It will be reviewed and then granted or denied withing 60 days( might be 90 but I think it is 60).

122372[/snapback]

While it may be "untrue", it was reported as the truth in the local bamaham media several weeks back.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

the only surprise that the bammerboobs can pull off saturday is to pass out those little party hats and kazoo's and roll out a big cake and have a naked TOMMY GALLION jump out of the cake at halftime....they ain't got any damn surprises.....they are more limited than my sex life

122359[/snapback]

122372[/snapback]

While it may be "untrue", it was reported as the truth in the local bamaham media several weeks back.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

122383[/snapback]

That is true, I heard it on TV sports one night. I think it was Jim Dunnaway, a true and complete Bammer Hommer.

they ain't got any damn surprises.....they are more limited than my sex life

122393[/snapback]

Guess that eliminates any possibilty of Brodie palying :big::big::big:

Archived