2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

Never understood the dislike for Clemson, as an auburn fan. Just don't get it...

I didn't til they played us here in football and baseball. Their fans are pretty obnoxious.

They are but they don't hold a candle to the leg-humper's!! I've yet to have a Clemson fan get in my face and start barking. I was also asked to leave a Falcons game once after knocking out the leg-humper who took an AU hat from my daughter and was teasing her with it when she was walking from the restroom to where I was standing and watching for her. He thought he was hilarious, he never saw me coming!! I recieved an ovation and a bunch of high-fives on the way out. It was worth it just seeing the look on his buddies face as he looked at his friend laying there.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we would take 4-5 DE's this year. Thornton, Kennion, Williams, Sawyer and a NSD surprise of Lorenzo Carter. Is that too much to ask?

Never understood the dislike for Clemson, as an auburn fan. Just don't get it...

I didn't til they played us here in football and baseball. Their fans are pretty obnoxious.

They are but they don't hold a candle to the leg-humper's!! I've yet to have a Clemson fan get in my face and start barking. I was also asked to leave a Falcons game once after knocking out the leg-humper who took an AU hat from my daughter and was teasing her with it when she was walking from the restroom to where I was standing and watching for her. He thought he was hilarious, he never saw me coming!! I recieved an ovation and a bunch of high-fives on the way out. It was worth it just seeing the look on his buddies face as he looked at his friend laying there.

I hereby award you 100 internet points for that story.

Thanks WEN!! What can I get with that? That is 100% true and it also marked my last year of Falcons Season Tix. The GA Dome/Falcons took the last remaining crumbs of fun out of Pro Football for me. I have not been to an NFL game in several years and have no plans to EVER go again unless they totally change and it ain't gonna happen.

Justice broseph. Pure dang'ed ole justice. Nice.

I second that award. Well done good sir. Well done...

Dixie you did what most of us would like to think we would have done. I went to watch UAB play UGA at Sanford stadium. Growing up a UGA fan (many members of my family graduated drom UGA) and an AU grad who still had a modicum of love for the Dawgs. However I went to support my Blazers that I had supported since 1986 when we moved to Birmingham from Dallas at age 11. My father worked there and was a big supporter and donor to the athletics program. He had been given a #1 jersey from Coach Watson Brown and I asked if I could wear it. It made him proud that I wanted to. I did indeed. I have no children but my sister has 2 boys which I treat as my own . The oldest was literally born the night before I started AU. I rushed back from Birmingham the morning after his birth for an 8:00 History class. UAB put up a good fight and was even leading in the 3rd quarter but lost a very hard fought game. On the way back to the car, my nephew, who was also wearing a UAB jersey, was walking about 15-20 feet in front of us when a guy comes out of a bar and starts getting in my nephew's face. He was 9 for goodness sake. I ran up and tackled him to the ground an before I could hit him my father and brother in law grabbed me and pulled me off of him. He got up and stumbled back to his friends at the bar entrance and they gave him hell for what he did. I wish to this day I would have had just a few more moments with that jerk!! My nephew was always a mixed bag being an Auburn, UAB and UGA fan but he will never forget the day he stopped being a UGA fan. It was the same day I did. I haven't pulled for them since except when they played BAMA last year. What a shame. War Eagle!! Well done Dixie

Two words:

Dumbo Sweeney

Two words:

Dumbo Sweeney

Agree w/ that. FWIW, I went to Clemson for the '11 game and ATL for the '12 game and had no issues with fans. Even somehow got stuck on MARTA with literally a car full of Clemson fans before the game and got a good laugh out of it with them.

I award you none...................and may God have mercy on your soul.

Two words:

Dumbo Sweeney

Agree w/ that. FWIW, I went to Clemson for the '11 game and ATL for the '12 game and had no issues with fans. Even somehow got stuck on MARTA with literally a car full of Clemson fans before the game and got a good laugh out of it with them.

I nearly decked a Clemson fan in front of his kids because he became a hyper-aggressive a**hole for no reason during the early part of the '12 ATL game. His daughter cried and his wife refused to talk to him for the rest of the game. It was nice watching his face change after his threat didn't work and he just turned around for the rest of the game.

Two words:

Dumbo Sweeney

I nearly decked a Clemson fan in front of his kids because he became a hyper-aggressive a**hole for no reason during the early part of the '12 ATL game. His daughter cried and his wife refused to talk to him for the rest of the game. It was nice watching his face change after his threat didn't work and he just turned around for the rest of the game.

During the game I didn't notice any bad behavior from them but on the walk back to our vehicle was another story altogether. They were very obnoxious.

Not sure what your problem is with how I handled it, I can assure you I would do it again. I don't look for trouble but it has been my experience that short drunk men search out guys my size to start S*** with. I don't hang out in bars anymore so I have avoided those type things. Still you put enough alcohol in some people and it is guaranteed trouble.

Not sure what your problem is with how I handled it, I can assure you I would do it again. I don't look for trouble but it has been my experience that short drunk men search out guys my size to start S*** with. I don't hang out in bars anymore so I have avoided those type things. Still you put enough alcohol in some people and it is guaranteed trouble.

It's a movie quote, Dixie. ('Billy Madison', I believe.) That was just a joke.

I went to the '12 game with my fiance and had absolutely no problems at all during the game. Even struck up some friendly conversations with the Clemson folks seated around us. The problem was after the game on the walk back to the car. I felt like we were running the gauntlet through drunk, obnoxious Clems in the parking lot. Luckily my better half kept me from goin' all Roadhouse on a few of them...

From that moment on Clem has been on my *%$# list. Let them lose 'em all...

I went to the '12 game with my fiance and had absolutely no problems at all during the game. Even struck up some friendly conversations with the Clemson folks seated around us. The problem was after the game on the walk back to the car. I felt like we were running the gauntlet through drunk, obnoxious Clems in the parking lot. Luckily my better half kept me from goin' all Roadhouse on a few of them...

From that moment on Clem has been on my *%$# list. Let them lose 'em all...

The crazy thing was he had been acting normally and even interacting with me, but when they started to lose his mood immediately changed and he tried to start a fight. I'd never seen anything like it.

It's a movie quote, Dixie. ('Billy Madison', I believe.) That was just a joke.

:slapfh: DOH!! I can't believe I didn't catch that and by all means War to the Eagle I apologize!! I must like the taste of my foot because it sure ended up in my mouth!!

Off topic...is Auburn still going hard after Williams or is he behind Sawyer and Kennion?

Very hard last I heard. Sawyer is supposed to be at AU this weekend for camp with some other North Gwinnett players I believe. Having to earn an offer.+

Off topic...is Auburn still going hard after Williams or is he behind Sawyer and Kennion?

The coaches Board for the 2 remaining spots at DE right now are

1. Andrew Williams

2. Kennion

3. Spencer Williams

4. Sawyer

Wow I didn't know spencer was in front of sawyer when did that happen or has it always been thAt way?

Been that way since the first senior camp in June.

Archived