2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

Adams Lawson and Daniels will all play this year. Lawson and Adams have potential to be starters. I would say right now Lawson will be the best pass rusher we have by game 4.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams Lawson and Daniels will all play this year. Lawson and Adams have potential to be starters. I would say right now Lawson will be the best pass rusher we have by game 4.

Bold statements, but encouraging nonetheless.

Bold statements, but encouraging nonetheless.

Haha I've been saying it for months! But seriously, glad to have someone who actually knows what they are talking about thinking the same thing.

I don't mean this in a smart ellicky way, but is that "inside info" or just guessing. Like I said, I'm not trying to be a smart a**

I think it is likely that we will be able to answer this question in a few weeks with more certainty once fall camp has begun. Once they all put on pads and get nasty, we will know exactly what we have in those three. I will say this, their potential and proven dominance against the competition they have faced, should give them a great opportunity to play very early considering our depth at their respective positions.

I think it is likely that we will be able to answer this question in a few weeks with more certainty once fall camp has begun. Once they all put on pads and get nasty, we will know exactly what we have in those three. I will say this, their potential and proven dominance against the competition they have faced, should give them a great opportunity to play very early considering our depth at their respective positions.

Skyler, 23 is one of the most respected posters on the board. He is very well informed.

Skyler, 23 is one of the most respected posters on the board. He is very well informed.

Ok. I was just wondering. like I said I wasn't trying to be rude.

• 2 weeks later...

Something is brewing out there and there is a chance we could add Mr. Williams to this class. He is like Lawson and Daniels in that he will show up physically ready to play. He could be a big part of what is shaping up to be a very talented DL at AU! Teams have picked us apart due to weak pass rush lately. That is fixin' to change IMO.

Any news on this front? Got a commit date set?

Auburn, Clemson, and Ole Miss are believed to be the main contenders. No decision date yet.

I don't mean this in a smart ellicky way, but is that "inside info" or just guessing. Like I said, I'm not trying to be a smart a**

Sorry to hijack, but I was just reading through this thread and this exchange jumped out at me. Skylar, I don't see any need to tiptoe around. I ,too, am wondering --given 23's status as an insider--if that was some kind of hunch or inside info. I don't really know what you said to warrant JFD's response.

And to answer your originial question, I think 23 was making an educated guess...

That is all it could be at this stage (an educated guess) in the game. Everything I have seen has Lawson and Daniels playing very early. Adams seems to get conflicting assessments in that I have heard RS rumors and that he could play sparingly. He is a man-child as far as size and athleticism and is a step ahead of most freshman DT's. He did play 1-A football at Dooly County HS but you can't hold that against him. If he starts showing the ability to contribute then play him, he is likely to leave early if he lives up to his potential which I believe he will. EDIT: Nick Marshall played 1-A ball as well and started as a Freshman at THuga.

Sorry to hijack, but I was just reading through this thread and this exchange jumped out at me. Skylar, I don't see any need to tiptoe around. I ,too, am wondering --given 23's status as an insider--if that was some kind of hunch or inside info. I don't really know what you said to warrant JFD's response.

And to answer your originial question, I think 23 was making an educated guess...

That was a while ago. Lawson and Daniel should play. The DTs are progrssing well so Adams may not play now. Plus he needs a redshirt season of intense S&C to reshape his body a bit.

That was a while ago. Lawson and Daniel should play. The DTs are progrssing well so Adams may not play now. Plus he needs a redshirt season of intense S&C to reshape his body a bit.

Based on what I've gathered here and there this seems the most logical. I'd love for Adams to be able to contribute right off the bat, but it's usually harder for a DT to do that than a DE. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel RS either, to be honest. I know he's more of a run-stopper and Nosa and Kenneth should be(fingers crossed) able to hold down that end for us. I fully expect to see Dee and Carl getting after QBs on 3rd and long. That being said, all this is purely speculation on my part.

Based on what I've gathered here and there this seems the most logical. I'd love for Adams to be able to contribute right off the bat, but it's usually harder for a DT to do that than a DE. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel RS either, to be honest. I know he's more of a run-stopper and Nosa and Kenneth should be(fingers crossed) able to hold down that end for us. I fully expect to see Dee and Carl getting after QBs on 3rd and long. That being said, all this is purely speculation on my part.

Al indications right now are Daniel will play and do so quite a bit.

Generally you need five DTs and five DEs to have a full rotation on a four man line. Ten guys is the norm.

With that in mind, it's easy to see some of the guys that will be in the rotation. Blacks on, Whitaker, and Wright give us three locks in the middle. Ford, Carter, and Eguae give us three on the edge.

Bradley is a likely fourth inside. After that either we play with four (somewhat shorthanded), shift bigger ends inside from time to time (to bolster depth), or the fifth spot goes to Niles, Nero or Adams. I don't think we will go with options one or two. Given that field, Adams has as good a shot as anyone at the fifth DT spot.

At DE, there is no likely fourth. We will definitely play at least five guys regularly. Lawson, Daniel, Delaine, and President are the only healthy guys out there trying to fill two spots. Harrell could factor in when healthy. Given that field, it won't surprise me to see the two true freshmen win the jobs.

Hijack complete. I really hope we land Andrew Williams.

Saw some practice pictures posted. They included Lawson, Daniel and Adams. Lawson we know looks impressive, but I was very impressed with Daniel. He really is big too. Adams, looked great for a freshman. From what I have read, I am hearing good things about all three in practice.

Saw some practice pictures posted. They included Lawson, Daniel and Adams. Lawson we know looks impressive, but I was very impressed with Daniel. He really is big too. Adams, looked great for a freshman. From what I have read, I am hearing good things about all three in practice.

I've seen a few of Carl and Monty but haven't come across any of Elijah...care to share?

I've seen a few of Carl and Monty but haven't come across any of Elijah...care to share?

When in doubt got to 247's player page. They usually have the most recent pics. Link

I found the practice pics of Lawson and Daniel on Tigerdroppings. Check it out. Daniels is just as big as Lawson and I think Lawson is a freak of nature. We really lucked out.

That is all it could be at this stage (an educated guess) in the game. Everything I have seen has Lawson and Daniels playing very early. Adams seems to get conflicting assessments in that I have heard RS rumors and that he could play sparingly. He is a man-child as far as size and athleticism and is a step ahead of most freshman DT's. He did play 1-A football at Dooly County HS but you can't hold that against him. If he starts showing the ability to contribute then play him, he is likely to leave early if he lives up to his potential which I believe he will. EDIT: Nick Marshall played 1-A ball as well and started as a Freshman at THuga.

I mentioned this over on the football board but it was noticeable to me what quick footwork Adam's had, which is one of the first things I look for in a good DLman. He already has the size. The only unknown for me is how his upper and lower body strength stacks up at that age. If he already has that though, some OLmen are going to have problems with his quickness.

I mentioned this over on the football board but it was noticeable to me what quick footwork Adam's had, which is one of the first things I look for in a good DLman. He already has the size. The only unknown for me is how his upper and lower body strength stacks up at that age. If he already has that though, some OLmen are going to have problems with his quickness.

What the heck, might as well, we are completely off-the-rails anyway. I can't wait to see someone attempt to block Lawson live. Not practice, not a teammate, but when he first gets in against Wazzu. Andrew Williams would make another freak at DE for us. I really want to add him. It will be interesting to see his SR year. I don't believe he is where Lawson was at this stage. But he has the potential with his body.

Archived