Superstition Quandry

jaydubb121

Last year, before the season started, I lucked up on some more dressy Auburn wear and started off the season wearing Auburn stuff to work on Fridays(I had never been one for wearing Auburn stuff to work). Needless to say, as pitiful as the season started I ceased and desisted the wearing of Auburn stuff on Fridays(and BTW, take full credit for the dreadful start, blowout losses, and Petrinogate).

The tradition here where I work is for people to dress up for the Auburn-Alabama game and last year I did, cuz I figured "how worse can it get". Needless to say I was rewarded with the big win the following day.

This season I have not worn a stitch of Auburn anything to work at all, and have made a point not to do so. I used to wear hats now and then but my beautician( a drain filled with hair) advised against wearing hats that much, so I havent even done that this year.

My quandry is this. Should I wear Auburn stuff this week on Friday and jinx the ballgame? I mean, we know we should win the ballgame Saturday hands-down, so it's gonna be one of us that blows it. Someone's gonna fly their flag on the wrong window, or someones gonna have their AU on their tubesocks in the front instead of on the side, or some slip-up like that. I don't want it to be me. So tell me what to do Friday. I beseech thee, oh AUNation, show me the way.

I'm not suprestitious, so I can offer no advice. But I'll tell you my dressing habits. I take the top pair of undershorts from my drawer. The first pair of socks that I grab when I reach into my sock drawer. The shirt is usually the one that is sticking out a little bit so as to make it easier to remove from the hanger. And the pants are the ones that will fit easiest around this slowly expanding waist. Needless to say, I come up with some weird combinations. But I'm retired, so who cares!!!

Last Saturday for the UGA game, I had on an Auburn orange shirt (no emblem, just the right color of orange), grey sweatpants and white socks. We won big!!! This Saturday I will wear whatever is clean, with no preference to color or fashion coordination. And to add, I have several fashion police buried in my backyard.

Speaking as a friend, and a friend that loves your wife and children too, If you do ANYTHING to change what you have done for the entire year concerning game week clothing and or superstitions, I will take that short walk across the block and kick your Orange & Blue backside. (Your beautician will not recognise you.) :angry:

As a concerned friend, I hope this clears things up for you and you now know in which direction you should proceed. :)

Oh, I almost forgot, WAR EAGLE.....O N E at a time. :au:

DO NOT CHANGE WHAT WORKS !!!!!!!!KEEP THE SAME ROUTINE......I'M HAVING CATFISH FOR LUNCH AS AWAYS.....i'll buy a different brand of snuff on friday and not open it until saturday....i'll wear my game shorts saturday(long-legged swimsuit with little fish on them).....i ain't superstitious,but why take a chance?

I have worn the same hat and taken the same shaker into every game since last year's Alabama game. I have also worn the same orange sweat shirt to the cool games since the Bama game last year. Don't start something new this week. :-)

To borrow a line from the Andy Griffith Show : "I ain't superstitious, Just cautious!"

Don't change a THING!

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

i though about this same subject driving to work this morning. last week a similar thread was started.

who ever posted their habits and rituals on that thread do not change a darn thing. i'll be wearing my hat i have worn all season and will not watch a single minute of the game.

beautician, no offense, but what does a beautician know about wearing hats. i don't know if i would admitted i go to a beautician. :)

dang, i need to run before i'm late to my hair and nail appointment.

I can speak from experience DONT change. Last year I had a shirt that was undefeated (This is from an LSU Tiger fan perspective) I did not wear it ONE game last year because it was a stupid white out in Tiger Stadium (Its purple) my wife ridiculed me enough to take it off and put on white so we would "Fit in". I tried to explain to her this shirt has never lost. I gave in and it cost us dearly. Guess what game that was. UF... So be smart, wear whats winning. People mock what they dont understand.

But keep in mind, once Auburn goes undefeated and wins the title, DONT PUSH THE LUCK. I tried to ride that shirt into this year, and it cost us dearly.

I take full responsibility for the loss to UF last year.

Dont make a mistake that will cost your school and fellow fans a chance at euphoria....

;)

Do not and I repeat DO NOT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT!!!! Coming from a baseball background I am by nature superstituous when it comes to sports. If it ain't broke...don't fix it OR CHANGE it.

I've already told the misses that even thought we are having some of our AU family over for the game that under no circumstance is anyone to sit in my spot (taking up two place on the couch) and if someone has to sit on the floor...so be it. It's my house and it's worked so far this year. The only time I tried to change was the LSU game and we know I almost cost us that one until I figured out what I was doing wrong...and I recovered in time for "the drive"...Whewww close one, that one was!

LOL...aren't we a funny lot...we sport fans we!

Last year my wife-TigerMom got the great idea :angry: that we would wear matching shirts to the AU games--BIG MISTAKE--Since the second game last year we wear completely different outfits--I even changed my shirt when a buddy of mine showed up at the tailgate with my shirt on. The only thing you can do is add to your outfit tradition. Something new is ok. I added orange underwear :big: for the GA Game--ALL AUBURN ALL ORANGE--War Eagle :au:

I am not ususally a superstitious person, but when it comes to Auburn Football I have to admit I am. You don't need to worry though, at the start of this season I bought a new Auburn dress shirt that I have worn to work every Friday, and it hasn't let us down yet. Don't worry it will be on this Friday too.

Stick with what works ;)

Last year, before the season started, I lucked up on some more dressy Auburn wear and started off the season wearing Auburn stuff to work on Fridays(I had never been one for wearing Auburn stuff to work). Needless to say, as pitiful as the season started I ceased and desisted the wearing of Auburn stuff on Fridays(and BTW, take full credit for the dreadful start, blowout losses, and Petrinogate).

The tradition here where I work is for people to dress up for the Auburn-Alabama game and last year I did, cuz I figured "how worse can it get". Needless to say I was rewarded with the big win the following day.

This season I have not worn a stitch of Auburn anything to work at all, and have made a point not to do so. I used to wear hats now and then but my beautician( a drain filled with hair) advised against wearing hats that much, so I havent even done that this year.

My quandry is this. Should I wear Auburn stuff this week on Friday and jinx the ballgame? I mean, we know we should win the ballgame Saturday hands-down, so it's gonna be one of us that blows it. Someone's gonna fly their flag on the wrong window, or someones gonna have their AU on their tubesocks in the front instead of on the side, or some slip-up like that. I don't want it to be me. So tell me what to do Friday. I beseech thee, oh AUNation, show me the way.

122357[/snapback]

NOTHING...I repeat...NOTHING that you do...other than screaming when Bamar has the ball...has aANY effect on the outcome of this game! And I am unanimous in this.... :no:   :rolleyes:

I will not be participating on Friday. The only other Tiger fan in the department will just have to understand.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

ONE AT A TIME.

Wow! Thanks jaydubb. I was not looking forward to getting my butt kicked by you.

:D

That would make a great segment on America's Funniest Home Videos. :big:

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

Archived