Golloway named next AU baseball coach

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to back homers....a very good day for Auburn sports. I'm glad to see JJ stepping up to the task. AU is a great school, top-notch facilities, a nice small town environment and some of the best fans anywhere. There no reason not to go after the best. He did a good job with today's hires.

I never EVER thought I would say this about Jay Jacobs but

KaBoom_zps1260ec64.gif

He has made two great hires today. What he really needs to do is get behind each program and support them fully. That is not what has been done under him IMO. Baby steps, but the steps taken today were definitely great ones IMO.

KaBoom_zps1260ec64.gif

I guess when you have the time for "On the job training" (BOT allowing Jacobs OJT) and when you have the money AU has (thanks to all of us and the very wealthy BOT) even Jacobs can eventually get it right!

So we have the money for Paw's buyout (after beyond absurd football coaches buyout) and the money to pay Golloway?! The BOT insists on keeping Jacobs. So in a nutshell; the BOT has enough money to pay all buyouts, keep Jacobs in office and pay new big-time coaches!

Maybe I should say: thanks to the BOT, we will get what you all are willing to pay for, while all the time, keeping your puppet Jacobs on the job!

Thanks again!!!

Nothing but excited about where we are headed after the hires today.

I guess when you have the time for "On the job training" (BOT allowing Jacobs OJT) and when you have the money AU has (thanks to all of us and the very wealthy BOT) even Jacobs can eventually get it right!

So we have the money for Paw's buyout (after beyond absurd football coaches buyout) and the money to pay Golloway?! The BOT insists on keeping Jacobs. So in a nutshell; the BOT has enough money to pay all buyouts, keep Jacobs in office and pay new big-time coaches!

Maybe I should say: thanks to the BOT, we will get what you all are willing to pay for, while all the time, keeping your puppet Jacobs on the job!

Thanks again!!!

This is not a time to bash JJ. He finally did 2 things right, maybe 3 if Gus pans out. Give the man the credit he deserves.

I also want to thank Pawlowski foe the recruiting class for this year. Now we have a coach that can develop them.

KaBoom_zps1260ec64.gif

Thanks again!!!

Glad to see JJ make the hire, but like you I am not sure who is pulling the strings here. I still don't trust our leadership. I want to believe JJ made this hire on his own , but the way the HC seach in FB went I just don't know. Regardless, I am glad to hire a winner and this is a good day for Auburn.

War Eagle !

Two absolute grand slam hires today. My jaw is on the floor, but I'm really excited about the path AU athletics is headed.

Not the Corbin or Schlossnagle (or Myers) type hire that many were clamoring for, but this is a very solid hire. Just about every June he has his team in the tournament and his players taken in the draft. Somebody with some sense certainly did a nice job pulling the puppet's strings today.

610x.jpg?w=300&h=238

Welcome to The Plains to our new Coaches!! I'm not sure JJ and his staff could have made better hires for our Baseball and Softball Programs. I wish them both the best and will support them.

Back to back homers....a very good day for Auburn sports. I'm glad to see JJ stepping up to the task. AU is a great school, top-notch facilities, a nice small town environment and some of the best fans anywhere. There no reason not to go after the best. He did a good job with today's hires.

I wouldn't call it back to back homers. The softball guy was a grand slam. I'm thinking Galloway is more in the Stand Up Double category.

Don't get me wrong, Galloway should be a big improvement and I'm satisfied with the hire. I just don't see where his creds are anywhere near what the softball coach has. If one wanted to pick at it, one could say something about Galloway's eight years in the Big-12 and no conference championships. That gives me cause for pause. However, he could be the guy that moves us into the top 1/4 of the SEC and if he does that it'll be great.

I wouldn't call it back to back homers. The softball guy was a grand slam. I'm thinking Galloway is more in the Stand Up Double category.

Don't get me wrong, Galloway should be a big improvement and I'm satisfied with the hire. I just don't see where his creds are anywhere near what the softball coach has. If one wanted to pick at it, one could say something about Galloway's eight years in the Big-12 and no conference championships. That gives me cause for pause. However, he could be the guy that moves us into the top 1/4 of the SEC and if he does that it'll be great.

Several weeks back our leading "prospects' were four guys from in-state schools who had enjoyed a trip or two to a regional. A couple weeks later the discussion expanded to include a few well respected assistant coaches from major schools.... and ultimately we added one or two well respected coaches with a good NCAA record to our list. Whether a Stand Up Double or HR...with the hiring of Golloway, JJ sure exceeded my vision of realistic possibilities and IMO he far exceeded the aspirations and expectations of most people posting on this board in the days following JP's departure. Congrats to JJ.

Great hire! This is such a better get than some of the names that were being thrown around it's not even funny. Kudos to all involved.

Archived