2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you find that RIR. Twitter said that page did not exist when I clicked on it an hour ago.

How did you find that RIR. Twitter said that page did not exist when I clicked on it an hour ago.

Hmmm .. he must have taken the post down?

Hmm .. he must have taken the post down?

He did which is why I was surprised you were able to post it.

Daron Payne and his Mom ...

7765_4231308761251_549420502_n.jpg

Gus definitely didn't take any fashion tips from uncle Gene ;)

Since Gus is so tall, imagine what ridiculous angle the Bammerham News will have to twist the Gus/$aban handshake photo to make them appear the same height. Much worse than the CGC photos.

Since Gus is so tall, imagine what ridiculous angle the Bammerham News will have to twist the Gus/$aban handshake photo to make them appear the same height. Much worse than the CGC photos.

Somewhere recently it might of been in this forum I saw a pic of Gus as a College Player and he was listed as 6' 2"...

I haven't seen any rave reviews from this kid after his visit. I saw the other 2015 DT's comment, but i haven't seen anything from Payne. Is it all premium information right now or did he not give any interviews?

I haven't seen any rave reviews from this kid after his visit. I saw the other 2015 DT's comment, but i haven't seen anything from Payne. Is it all premium information right now or did he not give any interviews?

Not thing free on him since the visit but it was very good.

Why would he take it down? He seems to like AU so I don't know why he would feel compelled to remove the photo?

Why would he take it down? He seems to like AU so I don't know why he would feel compelled to remove the photo?

Maybe he was catching crap on it from Bama people close to him. He lives in infestation central remember.

Maybe he was catching crap on it from Bama people close to him. He lives in infestation central remember.

True but he is an AU fan and has said as much so I would think a picture wouldn't be that big a deal. If that is the case then that concerns me that he cares that much what updykes think of him. He should challenge them all to a Battle Royal. A no holds barred, old-fashioned Texas Cage Match. "Two shall enter, one shall leave!"

The visit went very very good as E said. This kid is an absolute beast.

He is a definite contributor as a True Freshman. He is going to give some OL nightmares!

He is a definite contributor as a True Freshman. He is going to give some OL nightmares!

Don't know about all of that. Definitely see him making an impact during his career though.

Don't know about all of that. Definitely see him making an impact during his career though.

Have you seen his Hudl highlights? He still has two years in freakin' HS!!! Yeah, I feel pretty confident he will contribute as a FR. He is already big enough and strong enough. I can't see him regressing before he gets to his University of choice, can you?

Have you seen his Hudl highlights? He still has two years in freakin' HS!!! Yeah, I feel pretty confident he will contribute as a FR. He is already big enough and strong enough. I can't see him regressing before he gets to his University of choice, can you?

The reality though Dixie is no player is a sure thing contributor as a freshman in the SEC. While it has happened with elite players it's the minority there as well. The quickest transition is at RB. Outside of that it is very hard to predict.

I know it's rare but so is a 16 yo soon to be JR in HS being 6'-03" & 300LB with his lifting #'s and athleticism. He looks like Adams did as a SR in HS last year on film. If any HS DT has looked capable it's DP IMO.

No knock on Payne, but DT has to be the hardest position to make the transition, especially in the SEC. I mean when was the last time a true freshman DT made a splash in the SEC??

No knock on Payne, but DT has to be the hardest position to make the transition, especially in the SEC. I mean when was the last time a true freshman DT made a splash in the SEC??

I don't know about the SEC, but didn't Jimmy Brumbaugh start as a FR for us (AU) back in the Tiny-tot days of struggling to recruit DTs.

Oh well, don't worry, I will make sure and remind you guys when the time comes!! :yes:

On another note, anyone think this thread gets past 100 pages by then?

Archived