2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

Oh well, don't worry, I will make sure and remind you guys when the time comes!! :yes:

On another note, anyone think this thread gets past 100 pages by then?

easily IMO

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, don't worry, I will make sure and remind you guys when the time comes!! :yes:

easily IMO

I was thinking maybe closer to 200 myself. E, you and I could push it to 100 ourselves! :hellyeah:

easily IMO

I was thinking maybe closer to 200 myself. E, you and I could push it to 100 ourselves! :hellyeah:

lol. We will not have to. The Bama paranoiaists will get it done themselves.

• 1 month later...

And we're supposed to believe Payne grew up an Auburn fan...?

Yeah right... He's as much an Auburn fan as Dee Liner and SDH.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the deal with this guy. I heard him say he grew up an Auburn fan. Are we saying that is not true? What's up?

What's the deal with this guy. I heard him say he grew up an Auburn fan. Are we saying that is not true? What's up?

Like many recruits they have been brainwashed that "it's a business decision".

His high school coach is influencing his decision, and unfortunately, he is a huge bammer. His coach is feeding him the alabama NFL pipeline bs, and he has an inappropriate man crush on saban.

This is gonna be a tough pull.

Not saying that at all. Just because a kid grew up a fan of one school it does not mean they lead for him in recruiting. Bama has done a great job recruiting Payne.

His high school coach is influencing his decision, and unfortunately, he is a huge bammer. His coach is feeding him the alabama NFL pipeline bs, and he has an inappropriate man crush on saban.

Somebody beat that coach up! :fish:

Can that kind of talk still be considered bullshyte?

Seriously, all a kid and his family have to do is a little research and they can deduce down to find out which programs give the kid the best chance to make it to the pro's. Just look back the last half decade or so and they can see for themselves which coaches/teams are putting kids in the NFL on the reg.

Can that kind of talk still be considered bullshyte?

Seriously, all a kid and his family have to do is a little research and they can deduce down to find out which programs give the kid the best chance to make it to the pro's. Just look back the last half decade or so and they can see for themselves which coaches/teams are putting kids in the NFL on the reg.

Could also be the best path to South Alabama or a medical scholarship...

Not saying that at all. Just because a kid grew up a fan of one school it does not mean they lead for him in recruiting. Bama has done a great job recruiting Payne.

Yea, I have heard that one of Saban's favorite things to do with recruits now is show them the contracts his kids get when they go to the NFL. Can't say I wouldn't want to do it too. That has to influence the kids. They all want to go to The Show.

Yea, I have heard that one of Saban's favorite things to do with recruits now is show them the contracts his kids get when they go to the NFL. Can't say I wouldn't want to do it too. That has to influence the kids. They all want to go to The Show.

Well AU can point out all those bama boys were 4/5 star players while Nic Fairley was only a 3 star and went 1st round out of AU.

Well AU can point out all those bama boys were 4/5 star players while Nic Fairley was only a 3 star and went 1st round out of AU.

Actually what would be most effective in this case would be pointing out Garner put almost twice as many DL in the league as Bama the past 13 years.

Actually what would be most effective in this case would be pointing out Garner put almost twice as many DL in the league as Bama the past 13 years.

I think going back anout 5 years is as far as most kids can comprehend or will care about. Now if Gardner has put more DL in the NFL than Saban in the last 5 years you might have something.

I think going back anout 5 years is as far as most kids can comprehend or will care about. Now if Gardner has put more DL in the NFL than Saban in the last 5 years you might have something.

Garner has put the most DL in the country to the NFL the past 15 years. That should have an affect, Probably more in the 2015 class than this class because he is more foucused on breaking the bad habits of the DL than recruiting at the moment.

Garner has put the most DL in the country to the NFL the past 15 years. That should have an affect, Probably more in the 2015 class than this class because he is more foucused on breaking the bad habits of the DL than recruiting at the moment.

I hope we are using this. I like it.

JFDTiger80, we are using it and anything else we can. Alas, no worries on DL recruiting fellas. I know you are use to my sunshine but let me leave no doubts; CRG will keep us stocked up with DT's and DE's but like E said, he is coaching and coaching harder than I have seen from him in several years. He is VERY respected at HS's all over the state of GA and the southeast. Go and check out all the kids he sent thru THuga. Now he is home at AU and with a renewed energy I haven't seen from him in 5-6 years. If our season goes well (which it should) and we look better on the DL (especially Lawson, Daniels and maybe Adams) he will have his guys signed. We may not have gotten any of those three without him coming on board (Lawson maybe) and that was all last minute type work. I really feel confident about the future of DL at AU.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived