2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

Trent Thompson from Westover HS in Albany, GA says hello...wish we could snag both of these guys!

They both are the real deal. I wouldn't mind seeing Coach Garner pulling both of them in.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams and Lawson as seniors, and Payne and Thompson as juniors on that d-line with Garner as our d-line coach...could you imagine?

If Adams and Lawson are as good as advertised, they won't be around their senior year. Such is the compromise of signing players of this caliber. Garner knows this and wants AU to start reloading talent like our competitive rivals have managed to accomplish.

• 3 weeks later...

Adams and Lawson as seniors, and Payne and Thompson as juniors on that d-line with Garner as our d-line coach...could you imagine?

If Adams and Lawson are as good as advertised, they won't be around their senior year. Such is the compromise of signing players of this caliber. Garner knows this and wants AU to start reloading talent like our competitive rivals have managed to accomplish.

wouldn't payne and thompson be sophmores when carl and monty were seniors anyway?

• 4 weeks later...

Response to that video: :blink: what?

I've never seen somebody say so little. That was like watching the press ask Saban about possible NCAA violations without the Napoleon complex.

Response to that video: :blink: what?

I've never seen somebody say so little. That was like watching the press ask Saban about possible NCAA violations without the Napoleon complex.

Hmmm... seemed to say the had a fav.... when pressed he said it again... and then once again... and maybe a couple more times.

He appeared well mannered.... despite the most verbatim bush league, repetitious, near haranguing type of amateurish interview. Throughout he remained firmly and calmly resolved, as to who at this point who was his no1 and who might be no2. He said exactly what we knew, not what the interviewer wanted or baited for, and did it with a near smile. Whether we fans' deem this little or not. he seemed to say am awful lot. It was just performed in a minimal manner. Good for you Daron !!! We're number two, so what, it's a long time to go and at least we are in the running (and thankfully not 3rd or 4th spot).

He hasn't gotten to talk to Garner?! That's very strange... It seems like we have a long ways to go with this kid, so I hope we get him to the plains for the final two home games!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also like Payne, Holland, Queen, and Swinney. Jason Smith will be great on the Plains too. Face it, I like them all.

RG is all over Payne. FWIW.

That's the music I like to hear. Bring them big boys in RG. War Eagle Baby.

So is Coach "Cheese".

From the looks of it, ALL of our coaches are working their tails off on te recruiting trail.

RG is all over Payne. FWIW.

That's the music I like to hear. Bring them big boys in RG. War Eagle Baby.

So is Coach "Cheese".

From the looks of it, ALL of our coaches are working their tails off on te recruiting trail.

If they aren't we will know because Gus will be relieving them of their duties. Not gonna happen though. We have the best and THEY PLAYED AT AU!! Not many other schools can say that.

Archived