2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

I heard that FSU commit DT Kendrick Norton who is his team mate came to A-day enjoyed his visit. If we could pull Ben, Jeff, and Kendrick then it would be hard for Kevin to turn down playing with 3 other team mates.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would we have room for Norton? OL is filling up, or better question, do we know what he prefers to play? OL or DL?

The only major service that has him listed as a DT is rivals, but they have him as the #14 player at the position, so I would think he would be a take for DT. I think he sees himself as on D since his twitter background is a picture of him and Timmy Jernigan, which admittedly isn't a great sign for us

It looks real good for the good guys! We're leading, his close buddy and teammate is firmly committed, and early playing time is a huge possibility. I think this is the year we finally get that top LB prospect. (Maybe 2. Things look good with Roquan too!!)

Not so much. Things look ok there now. UGA and UF have made a serious push for him.

Idk if this has been asked earlier but is there a timetable for Holland's decision? Maybe we can pull Tolliver if we get Holland on board along with Ben Edwards

Under Armour Game.

And It was answered 1 page before your OP. Read a bit people. Going back 1 to 2 pages is only 10-20 posts which aint much.

Would we have room for Norton? OL is filling up, or better question, do we know what he prefers to play? OL or DL?

KN has to be a take before any of that matters. Right now he's not. That could change though as our staff goes and evaluated the next month.

Watched Holland's films again. He is 6'3" and 230. In the highlights it really shows him as more of a rush DE. I know he is listed as a LB. Take a look at his film if you have not. They show no pass coverage, just straight rushes at the QB. He has wicked talent and a nack at dislodging the ball from the player. I just wonder if the staff would consider making him a DE and adding 30 pounds to him.

Whatever position he ends up at, I want him in a AU jersey.

Holland is 6'2 and around 215. From someone who showed him around AU Saturday. Looks like CJ Mosley out of high school. FWIW.

Watched Holland's films again. He is 6'3" and 230. In the highlights it really shows him as more of a rush DE. I know he is listed as a LB. Take a look at his film if you have not. They show no pass coverage, just straight rushes at the QB. He has wicked talent and a nack at dislodging the ball from the player. I just wonder if the staff would consider making him a DE and adding 30 pounds to him.

Holland is 6'2 and around 215. From someone who showed him around AU Saturday. Looks like CJ Mosley out of high school. FWIW.

Just a typical bump in size from recruiting sites, I guess. Any word on how he does in coverage and regular LB coverage on runs. Must be pretty good, even though the highlight films do not show anything in these areas.

The team he plays for plays a very aggressive defense. Lots of blitzing the passer. That is a great HS team. They wn the 3A state championship last year in FL.

Just a typical bump in size from recruiting sites, I guess. Any word on how he does in coverage and regular LB coverage on runs. Must be pretty good, even though the highlight films do not show anything in these areas.

The team he plays for plays a very aggressive defense. Lots of blitzing the passer. That is a great HS team. They wn the 3A state championship last year in FL.

Not sure but Holland is one of the top guys on AU's board.

Not sure but Holland is one of the top guys on AU's board.

Thanks WDE. It would be great if the kids from this HS all wanted the opportunity to play together in College.

• 2 weeks later...

SIAP but it looks like this kid is thinking of announcing his decision on NSD... not sure how much I love that but it probably helps us

EDIT: the source for that is a tweet from Justin Hokanson

SIAP but it looks like this kid is thinking of announcing his decision on NSD... not sure how much I love that but it probably helps us

EDIT: the source for that is a tweet from Justin Hokanson

I'm never big on that, but I suspect we may have 4 or 5 in that position this year.

I usually hate to bring this up but holland is not a 5 star by any account right now. Do we have to change the thread title?

I usually hate to bring this up but holland is not a 5 star by any account right now. Do we have to change the thread title?

Then why bring it up?

The stars referred to in the title of a players thread is based on 247 composite ranking. The 247 composite ranking isn't based on the stars a player has on any site but they're ranking (i.e. ranked number 47 on scout and 32 on rivals). So you can be a 4 star on all the sites and still be a five star under the 247 composite ranking. I haven't checked to make sure he actually is a 5 star based on the 247 composite ranking but my guess is that he is or someone would have changed the title by now. E is usually on top of that stuff.

I still say it will be hard to pull him from state of Florida if Gators really want thim bad. The pressure may be too much. We may be a little ahead right now but the lead will be like a yo-yo between now and NSD.

I still say it will be hard to pull him from state of Florida if Gators really want thim bad. The pressure may be too much. We may be a little ahead right now but the lead will be like a yo-yo between now and NSD.

When the season starts he will see that Fl is still a mess and we are now going to be a consistent title contender. If we lead now I think things will be fine

When the season starts he will see that Fl is still a mess and we are now going to be a consistent title contender. If we lead now I think things will be fine

I agree. Muschamp is florid as chizik. Great year then it unravels. Hopefully holland sees that and comes to Auburn

Of course, if winning games was the only reason players went to schools, then once a school started losing, they'd never recover and that's simply not correct. There's a lot more to it than if a team is winning right now. We signed some great players coming off of crappy seasons in the past for example. Playing time, location, fan base, playing in the league- boatload of factors and currently winning is just one. Sorry, don't wanna bust anyone's bubble on downing FL but I wouldn't rule them out.

Of course, if winning games was the only reason players went to schools, then once a school started losing, they'd never recover and that's simply not correct. There's a lot more to it than if a team is winning right now. We signed some great players coming off of crappy seasons in the past for example. Playing time, location, fan base, playing in the league- boatload of factors and currently winning is just one. Sorry, don't wanna bust anyone's bubble on downing FL but I wouldn't rule them out.

losing a coach is recruiting kryptonite, and if muschamp doesn't win early, often and convincingly, then florida will be looking for a new coach before signing day

losing a coach is recruiting kryptonite, and if muschamp doesn't win early, often and convincingly, then florida will be looking for a new coach before signing day

^This. It's a do or die year for Muschamp

Yup, while losing isn't necessarily a deal breaker for a recruit. Losing and the potential the coaching staff will be let go is. And that's the position fl is in this year.

Chizik was let go and Malzahn signed Lawson, Adams and Johnson. It's rampant speculation to assume Muschamp gets fired and that the new UF coach wouldn't be able to recruit.

Chizik was let go and Malzahn signed Lawson, Adams and Johnson. It's rampant speculation to assume Muschamp gets fired and that the new UF coach wouldn't be able to recruit.

Lawson and and Johnson were pretty early commits and just stuck with the school they had been with for 9 months. Holland is supposed to commit much later on, and Florida may still be looking for a coach when he is ready

Lawson and and Johnson were pretty early commits and just stuck with the school they had been with for 9 months. Holland is supposed to commit much later on, and Florida may still be looking for a coach when he is ready

Boom wont get fired.

Archived