2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

Chizik was let go and Malzahn signed Lawson, Adams and Johnson. It's rampant speculation to assume Muschamp gets fired and that the new UF coach wouldn't be able to recruit.

True, but I think we can all agree that fl having a bad season and having the coaching staff fired is probably a positive for us when it comes to recruits choosing between the schools. Right?

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chizik was let go and Malzahn signed Lawson, Adams and Johnson. It's rampant speculation to assume Muschamp gets fired and that the new UF coach wouldn't be able to recruit.

Lawson and and Johnson were pretty early commits and just stuck with the school they had been with for 9 months. Holland is supposed to commit much later on, and Florida may still be looking for a coach when he is ready

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't CRG reel in Adams and Daniel at the 11th hour? Maybe some of the elite recruits in Florida are waiting till NSD or thereabouts to see who the UF coach will be. And who knows what a 17 yr old kid is thinking?

Muschamp has a bad temper and was an arrogant ass when hired. Florida ought to be a spread team, and we'll see if Muschamp leaves the O alone and if the new coordinator goes all out, or tries some spread/pro style hybrid mess. Florida should be a 9 win team or better with their talent.

Rampant speculation is our specialty!

I would assume that any new coach would be a good recruiter, but it would likely be hard for anyone in their first year to build the relationships that recruiting is based on. Most new coaches struggle to hold on to commits made to the previous regime, and any wavering recruits would likely go to another school if the coach that was recruiting him got canned.

Lawson and and Johnson were pretty early commits and just stuck with the school they had been with for 9 months. Holland is supposed to commit much later on, and Florida may still be looking for a coach when he is ready

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't CRG reel in Adams and Daniel at the 11th hour? Maybe some of the elite recruits in Florida are waiting till NSD or thereabouts to see who the UF coach will be. And who knows what a 17 yr old kid is thinking?

CRG definitely got us Adams but i think a lot of people felt Lawson choose AU in spite of CRG a not because of him. Apparently Lawson had felt slighted by UGA and ergo CRG for not offering him sooner when he was at UGA. Luckily for us Lawson's love of AU outweighed all else! You can also attribute us signing Daniels 100% to CRG as well. That will turn out to be one heck of a DL class!

CRG definitely got us Adams but i think a lot of people felt Lawson choose AU in spite of CRG a not because of him. Apparently Lawson had felt slighted by UGA and ergo CRG for not offering him sooner when he was at UGA. Luckily for us Lawson's love of AU outweighed all else! You can also attribute us signing Daniels 100% to CRG as well. That will turn out to be one heck of a DL class!

That is close. Lawson was wavering big time! CRG was able to talk to Carl and his Dad about what happened with his UGA recruitment. Apparently the decision was not his at UGA, or he was able to explain why, well enough to keep him committed anyway.

84, can you delete that post so we do not get into a bash session in a recruits page? You may have meant it as a joke but it will take this thread down an un-necessary route. Someone will defend the player while others will pile on. All in all it is not needed in this thread.

Thanks

84, can you delete that post so we do not get into a bash session in a recruits page? You may have meant it as a joke but it will take this thread down an un-necessary route. Someone will defend the player while others will pile on. All in all it is not needed in this thread.

Thanks

^^^THIS. We don't want another experience like the one with the Rash-.... that linebacker from AHS...

Holland is a great talent. We have a good shot at him. I think that since other players from his HS have chosen us, this should not hurt our chances.

SIAP but it looks like this kid is thinking of announcing his decision on NSD... not sure how much I love that but it probably helps us

EDIT: the source for that is a tweet from Justin Hokanson

I'm never big on that, but I suspect we may have 4 or 5 in that position this year.

As things look right now I don't. Most of our remaining top targets to this point plan to commit before or shortly after the start of their senior season.

As things look now. But often you'll see these recruits announce that they will be announcing at the UA game or on NSD. Holland, R. Smith, Gibson, Ivey, Mack (if he flips), Payne, Thompson, Patrick, maybe they'll all commit soon. But I expect a few will wait.

As things look now. But often you'll see these recruits announce that they will be announcing at the UA game or on NSD. Holland, R. Smith, Gibson, Ivey, Mack (if he flips), Payne, Thompson, Patrick, maybe they'll all commit soon. But I expect a few will wait.

Let me rephrase, top targets we are in a good or decient position with. The only ones of those that applies to right now are Gibson, Holland, and maybe Thompson. When I made my OP I was referring to these guys who are takes for AU and have said they are commiting before their season starts or shortly after

Kai Locksley

Chandler Cox

Jovon

Hale Henteges

Tyler Carr

Drew Richmond

Brandon Kennedy

Jauntavius Johnson

Darrell Williams'

Richard McBryde

Darius Slayton

I have not seen so many AU takes say they are announcing on the relative sooner side of things in recent memory. We could have 23 commits before January which is just 1 off from our total from the entire 2014 class.

I see your point, E. I still think we end up with a handful of top 100 players we are fighting for til the end, and I expect we'll have a big class, if we get them.. I'm referring to a top notch WR, OL, DT and maybe a DB, not necessarily all on our current radar in a major way.

I see your point, E. I still think we end up with a handful of top 100 players we are fighting for til the end, and I expect we'll have a big class, if we get them.. I'm referring to a top notch WR, OL, DT and maybe a DB, not necessarily all on our current radar in a major way.

:cheers:

Sounds good to me! We have to have some mystery on NSD.

Mr. Holland, Mr Williams from AL has committed to AU today. If you are feeling AU, like Mr. Williams, please go ahead and pull the trigger! I think you 2 might like to play together!

True. I don't think the prospects I'm referring to will be mysterious though. When the dust settles from Big Cat and we're about a month into the season, we may be down to 6 spots in the class.

True. I don't think the prospects I'm referring to will be mysterious though. When the dust settles from Big Cat and we're about a month into the season, we may be down to 6 spots in the class.

If we don't add any more this month, we'll be able to sign 29 next year, assuming 4 early enrolee guys.

Merry Christmas! Oh the joys of following the winding road of an 18yr old HS student. =)

Archived