2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw an article where "he could commit at any time" which I suppose is always true, but do we still sit at 2nd behind Florida?

It can only help if they look like hot garbage next year. UF can sign a Top 3 class if they come out and kick butt in the East, they have a ton of spots to sell kids IF they look better. A kid like Holland could provide us with another piece of the puzzle on D.

UF obviously is on full tilt for this kid, I'm hoping we can pull him out. He's probably in my top 3-5 "gets" for us this cycle.

UF obviously is on full tilt for this kid, I'm hoping we can pull him out. He's probably in my top 3-5 "gets" for us this cycle.

I am right with you on this. He will be a great player.

The longer he waits to commit, then the better it will be for us. We really need to get him back on campus this spring and then hopefully again for BIG CAT weekend.

He is coming with his family this Spring/Summer. We can at least take solace in being his sentimental favorite for now. Right? :bs:

I won't be happy until we have a J. Holland voted All-American @ LB. Needless to say I need Jeffrey to come through. Unless Jake is further along than we think, he hangs around some nice looking young ladies, so there is hope I 'spose!

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he committed early to UF.

How many HS players you see commit to a team early and then switch last minute? I want us to be on the winning end of that equation here.

How many HS players you see commit to a team early and then switch last minute? I want us to be on the winning end of that equation here.

Still, some news organization and i forget who, did a survey and 90% of the prospects sign with the school they originally committed to. I think it's better to either get their commitment or have them hold off.

I believe that. I would save of that 10% that didn't, the majority of them quit being recruited by the team.

• 4 weeks later...

“@Niebuhr247: Sunshine State 5-star to attend #Auburn spring game (FREE/mobile) http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/5-star-LB-Jeff-Holland-to-visit-Auburn-186473”

Article says he grew up a UF fan, so we're going to need another bad year out of them.

Article says he grew up a UF fan, so we're going to need another bad year out of them.

ESPN has been hyping them up on the SEC blog, but I'm going to predict the 4th OC in 4 years won't get them over the hump of UGA, USCe, Mizzou, and FSU. Though you never know what a new coach can bring to a program that just had an awful year......oh wait, WE do know. I just don't think it'll work out as well for Florida (apples to oranges I know). Come on down Mr Holland, and continue the Holland LB's at AU! WDE!

Holland is the real deal. It would be awesome to pull him in if possible.

Still, some news organization and i forget who, did a survey and 90% of the prospects sign with the school they originally committed to. I think it's better to either get their commitment or have them hold off.

It's just a bit more dramatic so feels like it's more often than it really is.

Holland isn't the flipping type. His head is on straight. He has fun on social media, but I think once he commits, he will be done. Now a coaching change or something else big could cause a problem but outside of that, he will probably stick wherever he originally commits. Now that I have said that he will flip all over the place maybe. Just my opinion based on listening to interviews and reading his articles.

Holland isn't the flipping type. His head is on straight. He has fun on social media, but I think once he commits, he will be done. Now a coaching change or something else big could cause a problem but outside of that, he will probably stick wherever he originally commits. Now that I have said that he will flip all over the place maybe. Just my opinion based on listening to interviews and reading his articles.

A bad season at Florida has a very high chance of causing a coaching change imo

A losing season, yes. a 7-5 season where Florida squeaks out wins and gets blown out in losses, yes. Muschamp is in the position of having to prove that he actually knows what in the hell he is doing.

A bad season at Florida has a very high chance of causing a coaching change imo

"A bad season at Florida has a very high chance of causing a coaching change imo"

No doubt about that. I think in UFs case, however, its a classic example of when things are going badly, its never as bad as it looks. Florida has a ton of talented players. Im not a big fan of Boom but I doubt he has forgotten how to coach. Their season hinges on getting better QB play and their offense turned around. They remind me so much of the Auburn team of 2012. Auburn had absolutely no offense that created what appeared to be a kind of haplessness for the defense. The defense never got any help staying in games. I suspect that if UF gets any kind of offensive push at all they'll have a 10 win season. The east is just pathetic and they could be the most talented team in the division. Dont expect back to back bad seasons for UF but, not because Boom is a great coach. Its just because he has the players and he's playing in a pretty weak division.

"A bad season at Florida has a very high chance of causing a coaching change imo"

No doubt about that. I think in UFs case, however, its a classic example of when things are going badly, its never as bad as it looks. Florida has a ton of talented players. Im not a big fan of Boom but I doubt he has forgotten how to coach. Their season hinges on getting better QB play and their offense turned around. They remind me so much of the Auburn team of 2012. Auburn had absolutely no offense that created what appeared to be a kind of haplessness for the defense. The defense never got any help staying in games. I suspect that if UF gets any kind of offensive push at all they'll have a 10 win season. The east is just pathetic and they could be the most talented team in the division. Dont expect back to back bad seasons for UF but, not because Boom is a great coach. Its just because he has the players and he's playing in a pretty weak division.

I think UF will turn around this year. They had a good year in 12 suffered several key injuries (I think 15 total) and couldn't put any offense together with the lack of depth and QB play. If they can change the level of QB performance, they will do well this year in the east. If you look back to the first half of the UF/FSU game, their D covered pretty well. They just got winded and couldn't keep going and did not have the depth to rotate as needed.

Thank goodness for CGM and CEJ's ability to rotate and keep our guys fresh. However, I actually look for UF to be back on the scene and challenge for the SEC east. I would love to face them in the SECG and put the smack down on them. That would probably help recruiting more than facing UGA or USCe, IMO.

I am hoping that we are able to wow Mr. Holland to the point where he commits to us no matter what UF does. It is better that way because I too believe they will be better.

Archived