2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry if this has been discussed but when is he set to decide?

There was an article a while ago saying that he was not going to commit this summer as previously planned.

I may be remembering this wrong, but was Jeffery the one who said that he would be announcing at the Under Armour game?

"Edwards' teammate, Rivals100 linebacker Jeffery Holland, named the Tigers his leader after his Saturday visit. Edwards said he's already started recruiting Holland to the Plains.

"I have to get Jeff," he said. "Jeff and I are cool and we do lots of stuff together. He gets to the quarterbacks and I'll get picks."

Edwards said his decision is final.

"This is home," he said.

Great news!

It looks real good for the good guys! We're leading, his close buddy and teammate is firmly committed, and early playing time is a huge possibility. I think this is the year we finally get that top LB prospect. (Maybe 2. Things look good with Roquan too!!)

It looks real good for the good guys! We're leading, his close buddy and teammate is firmly committed, and early playing time is a huge possibility. I think this is the year we finally get that top LB prospect. (Maybe 2. Things look good with Roquan too!!)

Just reminding you that Kris Frost and Tre Williams were also both top LB prospects. I have higher hopes for Frost as a WLB than in the middle. And higher hopes for Williams in the middle in a year or two.

Just reminding you that Kris Frost and Tre Williams were also both top LB prospects. I have higher hopes for Frost as a WLB than in the middle. And higher hopes for Williams in the middle in a year or two.

Yes, but in Frost and Williams you're talking two top LB prospects over a four year period and to date all either has provided is "hopes". After the corps is rebuilt, two a year would be the minimum to maintain the quality needed. Right now, three or four top-level guys would be a good start.

With Ben Edwards at Auburn for sure, I think Holland could be a take if everything works out by January for the Under Armour game.

Yes, but in Frost and Williams you're talking two top LB prospects over a four year period and to date all either has provided is "hopes". After the corps is rebuilt, two a year would be the minimum to maintain the quality needed. Right now, three or four top-level guys would be a good start.

Recruiting is merely hoping intially for all prospects, Mikey. Williams hasn't even enrolled yet. Frost was playing well by year's end, but he was miscast as a middle linebacker, IMO: I think he's much better suited slimming down a little and playing OLB. This is a kid after all who was recruited by some schools as a WR. I believe we'll see much better LB play this year, and better LB recruiting going forward as well.

Recruiting is merely hoping intially for all prospects, Mikey. Williams hasn't even enrolled yet. Frost was playing well by year's end, but he was miscast as a middle linebacker, IMO: I think he's much better suited slimming down a little and playing OLB. This is a kid after all who was recruited by some schools as a WR. I believe we'll see much better LB play this year, and better LB recruiting going forward as well.

My point is, two top LB prospects over a four year period is insufficient and the quality of play at the position has proved that to be true. Example: What was Frost doing at MLB anyway? Answer: He was forced to play there because we didn't have a quality MLB. We have under recruited the position for years, both in quantity and quality. Signing three or four 4* and 5* guys this year would be a start towards rectifying the situation. Getting one or two and shouting WDE won't cut it.

My point is, two top LB prospects over a four year period is insufficient and the quality of play at the position has proved that to be true. Example: What was Frost doing at MLB anyway? Answer: He was forced to play there because we didn't have a quality MLB. We have under recruited the position for years, both in quantity and quality. Signing three or four 4* and 5* guys this year would be a start towards rectifying the situation. Getting one or two and shouting WDE won't cut it.

Dang, Mikey -- expect much? If we get Holland, I'm shouting WDE! That doesn't mean I think we're done. It means WDE!

Well there in lies the problem Mikey. There are only 3 5* lbs in the composite in total and none of them are from our normal recruiting areas. One Texas, another Ohio and the other California. So you are basically saying we will never be able to rectify the situation.

Quote"Well there in lies the problem Mikey. There are only 3 5* lbs in the composite in total and none of them are from our normal recruiting areas. One Texas, another Ohio and the other California. So you are basically saying we will never be able to rectify the situation."

Gee, I could have sworn I included 4* guys in that statement. Oh wait! I DID include 4* guys! I wrote this " Signing three or four 4* and 5* guys this year would be a start towards rectifying the situation." Yep, I did include 4* guys. Next?

Dang, Mikey -- expect much? If we get Holland, I'm shouting WDE! That doesn't mean I think we're done. It means WDE!

It's ok to shout WDE because we sign Holland. However, if you're shouting WDE because we signed Holland and you think that's all we need to do at LB your WDE is ill advised.

Mikey is right so far our LB play has been our weakest area. Frost might prove to be a great Outside Linebacker, Casanova may be a good Middle Linebacker and a few that are currently on the roster or will be showing up in fall might prove to be good linebackers. But since none have shown out yet to date you can't assume they will be great. This has been ongoing for a while we really need to address Linebackers. A minimum of 2 really good Linebackers this year 3 would be better then as season plays out and we see how current players show out we adjust how many we need year to year after that.

Mikey is most vocal about linebacker needs but I think you will find a lot of us in agreement. The only area I disagree Mikey on is that I do believe that we have a couple currently on campus that will surprise us this year Toney comes to mind. But even if that happens we still need more Linebackers.

Mikey is right so far our LB play has been our weakest area. Frost might prove to be a great Outside Linebacker, Casanova may be a good Middle Linebacker and a few that are currently on the roster or will be showing up in fall might prove to be good linebackers. But since none have shown out yet to date you can't assume they will be great. This has been ongoing for a while we really need to address Linebackers. A minimum of 2 really good Linebackers this year 3 would be better then as season plays out and we see how current players show out we adjust how many we need year to year after that.

Mikey is most vocal about linebacker needs but I think you will find a lot of us in agreement. The only area I disagree Mikey on is that I do believe that we have a couple currently on campus that will surprise us this year Toney comes to mind. But even if that happens we still need more Linebackers.

Ill echo this. I haven't seen great LB play from AU in a long time. Bynes was the great leader we kept trying to make Holland out to be - but neither were the LB's we had on the 2003-2007 teams (arguably 2008). I do think we have the players on campus to start the road back to solid LB play but I am going to have to see it first before I try and hype up any players.

Bynes was the LB we had in 2008. Blackmon broke his wrist early that year, and Bynes started as a sophomore. Stevens started that year as well.

I take your point on LB play. I was just being a stickler.

Bynes was the LB we had in 2008. Blackmon broke his wrist early that year, and Bynes started as a sophomore.

Man, if we ever have a linebacker as good as we hoped Blackmon would be, watch out.

I have to side with Miley about the number of quality LBs needed AND shouting WDE anytime he pleases! WDE!!!

I have to side with Miley about the number of quality LBs needed AND shouting WDE anytime he pleases! WDE!!!

Dont ever side with Miley!!!! You will be banned =)

Idk if this has been asked earlier but is there a timetable for Holland's decision? Maybe we can pull Tolliver if we get Holland on board along with Ben Edwards

Watched Holland's films again. He is 6'3" and 230. In the highlights it really shows him as more of a rush DE. I know he is listed as a LB. Take a look at his film if you have not. They show no pass coverage, just straight rushes at the QB. He has wicked talent and a nack at dislodging the ball from the player. I just wonder if the staff would consider making him a DE and adding 30 pounds to him.

Whatever position he ends up at, I want him in a AU jersey.

Idk if this has been asked earlier but is there a timetable for Holland's decision? Maybe we can pull Tolliver if we get Holland on board along with Ben Edwards

Under Armour Game.

Archived