2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

SW is going to be great at AUBURN! Think we could get his high school receivers to come with him? They ran good routes, got open, and caught the ball. I'm hoping our receivers will be able to do the same for him.

WAR EAGLE!!

You must have seen only highlights. The few posters on here that actually saw Sean play a whole game say that his stats would have been much, much better if he'd had only average receivers. They dropped a bunch of his passes.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW is going to be great at AUBURN! Think we could get his high school receivers to come with him? They ran good routes, got open, and caught the ball. I'm hoping our receivers will be able to do the same for him.

WAR EAGLE!!

Usually, the QB will throw the receiver open( see Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc..) thus making the receivers better. Accuracy is very vital , timing is critical and arm strength must be adequate to make most throws. In a CGM offense there must be a threat for the QB to run with the ball in order to click on all cylinders so I think JJ and SW both fit perfectly for our style. I look forward to JJ getting more playing time next season as he gets adjusted to the speed of the game on the SEC/Simi-pro level. Don't get it twisted. I love NM and his game and I am looking forward to see how much his game has improved but I am certain JJ will get meaningful playing time. This is a great time in history to be an Auburn Tiger!! IGTBAAT!! War Eagle!!

I disagree. Look at Chris Todd and the QB's at Tulsa when Gus was there (heck even at Arky). He uses what is best for the players he has available. SW looks great on paper and I can't wait to see what JJ can do but QB running the ball in not a must for a CGM offense.

Mikey, I only watched the vids here and on you tube. I'm sure those that saw complete games would know better than I. The receivers I saw on the vids were pretty impressive.

• 3 months later...

Free read on Sean Link

Sean White did not get lazy after signing with Auburn in February.

White as an Under Armour All-American.

He kept working.

A few times each month, sometimes every week, the QB from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University School trains with well-known passing instructor Ken Mastrole.

“I’ve been working with him a long time,” White said. “I’ve been throwing with [bTajh Boyd[/b], Teddy Bridgewater, Dylan Thompson and some other guys. They’re good guys to throw with. There’s so much to learn about playing quarterback. It’s not just one thing. It’s a lot of footwork stuff, throwing on the run, and you’re always learning about defenses in the film room. He does a lot of different drills to help you. He kind of tailors it to whatever he thinks you could improve. It’s the complete package there. We watch college and pro film and he breaks it down. It definitely helps. I’ve been working with him since the eighth or ninth grade.”

According to White, the extra work is needed.

“It’s amazing how detailed you have to be as a QB,” White said. “One little thing can make a huge difference."

On May 23, White, a 4-star recruit and the 2013 Elite 11 National QB competition champion, graduates from high school.

Two days later, he will arrive at Auburn, where incoming freshman WR Myron Burton will be his roommate. At Auburn, White hopes to study accounting.

“I’m just excited to get up there and get going,” White said. “We’re going to drive up there and get everything situated. I’m ready. I'm anxious. I don’t know exactly what the whole college thing is going to be like. I’m excited to get there and get the hang of it.”

According to White, he speaks about once a week with Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee. Last week, Lashlee stopped by his school to say “Hello,” White said.

White said Lashlee and Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn are well-liked by his parents.

"They love both of them — everybody at Auburn really,” White said.

Because White has been busy finishing up with school, he hasn’t followed Tigers recruiting all that closely of late. However, he said he knows “they’re doing really well” and expects that trend to continue.

That kid was very impressive in the all star game. Auburn will be in good hands when it is his turn.

IMO, E this should actually be a new thread starting at your post and be placed in the AU Football area. not being mean, but SW is a signee now.

All that said, he is a great talent and fret kid. I hope he loves AU! I can't believe he will be there in just a week or two.

IMO, E this should actually be a new thread starting at your post and be placed in the AU Football area. not being mean, but SW is a signee now.

All that said, he is a great talent and fret kid. I hope he loves AU! I can't believe he will be there in just a week or two.

Yes but has not enrolled yet so it could go either way on where to post it.

Or....Player threads can simply be moved to the football forum when players enroll.

I will back up that Sean looked extremely impressive in the all star game. Not just his accuracy (which was awesome) but the way he moved in the pocket to avoid rushers and kept his eyes down field showed me this kid has a bright future at the position. And the fact that he was able to do this in an all star game where you know he is playing against some extremely talented players makes it all the more impressive. Glad to have him at AU!

I love that he doesn't shy away from work. He is going to be prepared when his time comes. It may be sooner than he thinks.

Archived