2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

I guess he can kiss that 3* rating goodbye huh ?

Not sure. He is already a 4 * on ESPN. 247 did their best to give White very little attention and they did not have White as a yop performer going into the 7 on 7 tourney.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess he can kiss that 3* rating goodbye huh ?

Not sure. He is already a 4 * on ESPN. 247 did their best to give White very little attention and they did not have White as a yop performer going into the 7 on 7 tourney.

E, do you know what his interest level is in Us. I know he plans on visiting. Has he named his top schools?

and yes, if we have a true DT QB, then I expect gus to have matured the capabilities of his offense by seeing what the added pressure of a running qb can do to another team. i would expect my above reference to tulsa to be more or less true, with more emphasis on the ground game (including qb - if his capabilities allow) than the pass game. i dont expect to have a pile of 4000 yard passing qb's. i do expect to see +3500 yard passers every year.

An efficient accurate passer is much more valueable than a DT QB just for the sake of having that option. The natural affect of Gus' run game through the HUNH will make the D very honest in itself. People have fallen in love with the DT QB just because a QB can run. Newsflash.What makes the DT QBs like Cam, RG3, John Elway, and Steve Young so great is the same darn thing that makes QBs like Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady great. All of those QBs are or were very accurate passers. There never has been nor ever will be a substitute for a QB in football who is deadly accurate and at least has solid arm strength.

E' that's a good point but no one can forget the O-line. If you take any QB, and I would include Cam, RG3,etc and put them behind the line play that we had last year, the stats would probably not go up much. Our line had talent but they did not put our QB in a position to excel. Hopefully that changes this year and we see much improvement in the trenches.

I would be surprised if White every visits. Certainly won't come if BH commits to AU. We may be spending too much time on a hypothetical situation. JMO I don't see SW visiting a school without an offer and as a backup plan. Kid will have a ton of big-time offers in the next couple of weeks. Without question He'll be bumped to 4-star by everyone and probably be the most coveted left standing after Harris commits. White apparently really likes Lashlee, but I would expect him to invest his time during this final month or so of Prime-time QB recruiting at schools that have him as their No. 1 target and face of he class. Of course I'm assuming he has an ego and that's probably a pretty safe assumption with Elite 11 guys. Thing we have going for us is most everyone already has their QB committed, so the competition is not as strong. By the way I like surprises!!

Right now, he has tentatively scheduled a visit to throw for the coaches between July 10-12. Harris' visit is scheduled for July 10th. Interesting, don't you think?

I'm having bad flashbacks about a QB about whom Dilfer raving at a previous the Elite 11, who is now playing tight end somewhere other than Auburn.

I never remember Dilfer "raving" about Zeke Pike, but rather simply said that he improved as the week progressed.

We should indeed offer Sean White. We just can't sit around and wait for 1 or 2 other QB's. Why? because they could commit and sign with whom ever and we could end up not signing any top QB.

You think we should have offered Neal Burcham, too? He was the Co-MVP of the Elite 11 with Jameis Winston and was uncommitted during and after the camp. As I've already indicated, Burcham signed with SMU.

and yes, if we have a true DT QB, then I expect gus to have matured the capabilities of his offense by seeing what the added pressure of a running qb can do to another team. i would expect my above reference to tulsa to be more or less true, with more emphasis on the ground game (including qb - if his capabilities allow) than the pass game. i dont expect to have a pile of 4000 yard passing qb's. i do expect to see +3500 yard passers every year.

An efficient accurate passer is much more valueable than a DT QB just for the sake of having that option. The natural affect of Gus' run game through the HUNH will make the D very honest in itself. People have fallen in love with the DT QB just because a QB can run. Newsflash.What makes the DT QBs like Cam, RG3, John Elway, and Steve Young so great is the same darn thing that makes QBs like Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady great. All of those QBs are or were very accurate passers. There never has been nor ever will be a substitute for a QB in football who is deadly accurate and at least has solid arm strength.

E' that's a good point but no one can forget the O-line. If you take any QB, and I would include Cam, RG3,etc and put them behind the line play that we had last year, the stats would probably not go up much. Our line had talent but they did not put our QB in a position to excel. Hopefully that changes this year and we see much improvement in the trenches.

Just a thought but if the QBs and / or WR last year would have shown some ability to connect on a few passes, the OL might have been more inspired. Early in the season the OL was not too bad but like the rest of the team, they all took a nose dive as the season went on. A productive QB could have made a lot of difference for the season.

Right now, he has tentatively scheduled a visit to throw for the coaches between July 10-12. Harris' visit is scheduled for July 10th. Interesting, don't you think?

Mmmm hmmm, very.

I'm having bad flashbacks about a QB about whom Dilfer raving at a previous the Elite 11, who is now playing tight end somewhere other than Auburn.

I never remember Dilfer "raving" about Zeke Pike, but rather simply said that he improved as the week progressed.

the story I remember was pike working in the early morning hours on the play book. Literally running plays in the hotel lobby and dilfer quietly observed him from around a corner. Pike did good but he took it seriously and progressed/improved faster and took the coaching better than the other players. The next day pike knew all of the plays and the others did not.

That is the type kid auburn put on scholly. Unfortunately he could not maintain that level of focus/commitment.

the story I remember was pike working in the early morning hours on the play book. Literally running plays in the hotel lobby and dilfer quietly observed him from around a corner. Pike did good but he took it seriously and progressed/improved faster and took the coaching better than the other players. The next day pike knew all of the plays and the others did not.

That is the type kid auburn put on scholly. Unfortunately he could not maintain that level of focus/commitment.

Yep. I remember this. I was really into the film on the Elite 11 that because of Pike. A total shame things did not work out. He loved AU.

Oh he maintained a certain level of focus and commitment all right but it was on the wrong thing.

Oh he maintained a certain level of focus and commitment all right but it was on the wrong thing.

Something that I learned today that I did not know - Pike was kicked off the Louisville football team for an incident before being welcomed back. He's currently listed as their #2 TE on the two deep. I never realized that he got kicked off the Louisville football team.

Something that I learned today that I did not know - Pike was kicked off the Louisville football team for an incident before being welcomed back. He's currently listed as their #2 TE on the two deep. I never realized that he got kicked off the Louisville football team.

I read about that right after it happened. I wondered then if this kid would ever learn his lesson. Maybe getting his 3rd chance will get him to open his eyes. He is married now so he needs to grow up.

The Spectacular@MASSonJOX 5h

Tyson: "Trent Dilfer said that 3-star uncommitted Sean White can 'paint a picture' with his pass"

Tyson: "Whoever gets Sean White is going to get a steal with this kid, he is going to visit Auburn"

Tyson: "If Auburn offers Sean White, I think they will be the team to beat in getting him"

I'd rather offer this kid now and get a commit asap and potentially chase 2 other big name qb's after. If we put him on the back burner and go after the big 2 we could potentially miss on all 3. Also with JJ looking like the guy after Marshall's (2?) years I think those big name QB's will be put off. The 5 stars always seem to go to a place where they can compete immediately.

I'd rather offer this kid now and get a commit asap and potentially chase 2 other big name qb's after. If we put him on the back burner and go after the big 2 we could potentially miss on all 3. Also with JJ looking like the guy after Marshall's (2?) years I think those big name QB's will be put off. The 5 stars always seem to go to a place where they can compete immediately.

Soon... We'll find out next two weeks. I don't mind to have BH or SW commits to Auburn.

Soon... We'll find out next two weeks. I don't mind to have BH or SW commits to Auburn.

We may not know but don't you think the Coaches will have a pretty good idea of where things stand on both of them by Tuesday or Wednesday ?

We may not know but don't you think the Coaches will have a pretty good idea of where things stand on both of them by Tuesday or Wednesday ?

Dunno. Can't say if they do but you could be right.

Just as investing goes, so does recruiting. You can't time the market (you may get lucky once in awhile, but you're going to the poor house sooner or later). Put your plan in place and work your plan (buy low, sell high, and have an exit strategy), and you'll eventually be pretty well off. Trust in Gus.

Interesting little tidbit, Austin Penny on auburnundercover just predicted Brandon Harris to LSU and Sean White to Auburn

Well then, wonder I will.. And who else is glad AU reached out to SW before the elite 11 hoopla last week. Not saying BH is a goner

Respected national college football columnist Bruce Feldman says, "White and Allen are future stars."

14190.png

BRUCE FELDMAN

Senior College Football Columnist

Mailbag: Weighing in on the Elite 11 and The Opening

July 5, 2013 1:12 pm ET

img22649965.jpgTexas A&M commit Kyle Allen has the look of a future star at the Elite 11. (USATSI)

After a week spent up in Oregon for the Elite 11 camp and The Opening, time to get to the Friday Mailbag. As always, send your questions to me via Twitter to @BFeldmanCBS.

From @ScottColeBCS: who was honestly the best QB there, over the course of the 6 days? I'm hearing one name in particular a lot. Your opinion?

From what I saw (and I was around for the whole week including most of the meetings) the two guys who had the best weeks overall were Sean White and Kyle Allen, the Texas A&M commit.

As we've said several times before, you can never say anyone, especially a QB, is a "can't miss" guy in terms of projecting to the NFL. To me, Kyle Allen would be the closest thing to a sure hit in college of the entire Elite 11 group. He has a very good arm, good temperament, focus and size. When the Elite 11 staff was watching film of all his throws of the first day of the 7-on-7 games, their jaws were on the floor. I'll be surprised if he's not a star in college for the Aggies in a few years.

White, who is still uncommitted, was a star every day and rose to the challenge in the 7-on-7 competition to win the MVP honors on Wednesday, the final day of the Elite 11. He overtook everybody, including Allen. I get that White's not 6-4, 220. He's around 6-1, 200, but this kid is a shark. There's a lot of successful college QBs around his size, and White has a better arm than many of those guys. He made quick decisions while also proving time and time again, he's extremely accurate and great at anticipating throws.

If I'm a Cincinnati fan, I'm hoping the big schools get hung up on him not being 6-4 because when I spoke to White over the weekend, he seemed high on UC. Another intriguing subplot in his recruitment: He told me he grew up a Notre Dame fan. I know the Irish already have a commitment from DeShone Kizer, but considering how important the position in--and that in the past six month ND lost two of the young QBs in the program with Gunner Kiel transferring and Everett Golson getting booted for his academic issues and his return to South Bend is still up in the air, maybe they take two.

I know there were many other QBs who came into the Elite 11 with more hype, but White delivered. Now, this doesn't mean he'll prove to be the best college quarterback down the road. It just means he was the most impressive this week. That said, there isn't anyone out there with a better, more developed picture of the 2014 QB recruits in the country than former NFLer Trent Dilfer and his staff. The Elite 11 crew spent an intensive week with these kids in all sorts of scenarios, saw how they responded and saw how they measured up to the other top quarterbacks around the country. I realize that many college staffs have had a few of these kids in for their camps and have gotten to work them out in their drills and see how they take coaching, but just in terms of the depth of the evaluation in Oregon and the perspective measured with the other top kids is unique.

One more QB to factor in, and this is more of a wildcard guy: Jarrod Heard, who will head to Texas as the top "zone-read" guy in the class. Thing is, Heard showed to everyone at the Elite 11, he's a lot better passer than most give him credit for. The zone-read component isn't a big element in the Elite 11, so you're basically taking away the thing the kid is most known for. Yet, even without that component, Heard was still one of the best QBs this week up there and that was done through his arm and his savvy.

I liked his desire to get better and thirst for coaching at the Elite 11. He didn't get down when things went badly in the 7x7, and he was still looking for instruction after things went well. I think he's the kind of kid who would be a coach on the field and a good leader. I'm not a coach, but the touch he showed on his passes seemed much better than some more highly ranked QB's, and I expect him to move up in the rankings and the competiton for him to get intense.

Archived