2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could there be other % 5* out that we don't know about but our staff does? Could there be another Cam our there who's just waiting word from our coaches before he goes public with his commitment? I'm just sayin.

1. The only other 5* QB the staff is trying to get in on is Will Grier but he seems pretty closed to Florida right now. 2. There is only 1 Superman.

I like the fact that we are not just waiting around for Watson and/or Harris.

Well we are at the moment. That's why Sean White does not have an offer.

Complete blurb from Super Bowl QB and Elite 11 Head Coach Trent Dilfer, "His accuracy is not just accurate, it's exact...It's an NFL type of ball that he throws. He throws an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball. He just doesn't throw a hinge. He throws the receiver open with the hinge. He doesn't just throw a skinny post, he sends a message with the skinny post. Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd had a 10-minute conversation about him today. It blows your mind, his passing proficiency."

JMO but sounds very Drew Brees-esque.

Also I tweeted Matt Scalici asking him to write an article so the info that came out last night can be public.

Complete blurb from Super Bowl QB and Elite 11 Head Coach Trent Dilfer, "His accuracy is not just accurate, it's exact...It's an NFL type of ball that he throws. He throws an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball. He just doesn't throw a hinge. He throws the receiver open with the hinge. He doesn't just throw a skinny post, he sends a message with the skinny post. Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd had a 10-minute conversation about him today. It blows your mind, his passing proficiency."

JMO but sounds very Drew Brees-esque.

Also I tweeted Matt Scalici asking him to write an article so the info that came out last night can be public.

Why you manipulative little... ;D , I like it E, that is a good move. I would not be shocked if something news worthy doesn't happen after he visits. If nothing else, it gives Mr. Harris a little something to think about. :-X

Even though I don't really like the practice, why hasn't Auburn offered this kid, making it a non-committable offer? To me, it's a win-win situation. If Sean White wants to play for Auburn, take him and still save a spot for DW or BH. If Sean White is not ready to sign up right away, it lets him know we are interested. Nothing wrong with having too much talent at QB, since we currently seem to be lacking in that area.

With or without a present offer, I would say that bringing in White for a visit and evaluation qualifies as "not just waiting around".

Even though I don't really like the practice, why hasn't Auburn offered this kid, making it a non-committable offer? To me, it's a win-win situation. If Sean White wants to play for Auburn, take him and still save a spot for DW or BH. If Sean White is not ready to sign up right away, it lets him know we are interested. Nothing wrong with having too much talent at QB, since we currently seem to be lacking in that area.

IMO it shows their confidence that BH will commit. Not only that, extending an offer to SW might have a negative effect on us recruiting BH. For example, BH could say "well, this coaching staff obviously doesn't have much confidence in me if they are already offering another QB". Just a thought.

to be honest....you probably don't need a prolific runner in this offense with the RB weapons we have and you do need a good passer with a good touch that can hit all the passes...I don't know about BH's passing ability but SW can hit the receivers pretty good...

to be honest....you probably don't need a prolific runner in this offense with the RB weapons we have and you do need a good passer with a good touch that can hit all the passes...I don't know about BH's passing ability but SW can hit the receivers pretty good...

100% agree. A great passer with an A+ GPA is somebody we should want anyway, regardless of who else may be being targeted.

Because for the most part QB recruiting is done differently since there is a huge domino affect involved. You have your list and offer the top guy. If he goes else where you then offer the next guy onm the list. That process repeats til you have a QB. In this cased, Harris is the top uncommitted guy on the list and will likely visit before White. If Harris has not given the coaches an answer by the end of his visit then they bring in Whitte and have him throw. If he is as good or better than Harris in the coaches' minds then he could get an offer even in Harris has not decided yet.

Because for the most part QB recruiting is done differently since there is a huge domino affect involved. You have your list and offer the top guy. If he goes else where you then offer the next guy onm the list. That process repeats til you have a QB. In this cased, Harris is the top uncommitted guy on the list and will likely visit before White. If Harris has not given the coaches an answer by the end of his visit then they bring in Whitte and have him throw. If he is as good or better than Harris in the coaches' minds then he could get an offer even in Harris has not decided yet.

See how easy that is? Excellent post, my good friend!!

So, you both agree with me that we should offer White? See how easy THAT is Pops and E. LOL!

Hope we get one of the two White/Harris. Would be great for the 2014 class.. And all that will follow. Follow the leader lol

So, you both agree with me that we should offer White? See how easy THAT is Pops and E. LOL!

This may not matter as Whisky seems to be drooling all over him at the Elite 11. Dang I want a QB so bad!

I'm having bad flashbacks about a QB about whom Dilfer raving at a previous the Elite 11, who is now playing tight end somewhere other than Auburn.

I'm having bad flashbacks about a QB about whom Dilfer raving at a previous the Elite 11, who is now playing tight end somewhere other than Auburn.

Just because Zeke Pike has substance abuse problems doesn't mean every QB that looks good at Elite 11 has the same problems. Your flashbacks are not rational.

I have sat in on recruiting visits (baseball) where a coach will promise the kid that they have only one position open and you are the number one option for us. If you give us your pledge by this date, we will not recruit or bring another kid in for a visit.

A lot of kids like that!

I have sat in on recruiting visits (baseball) where a coach will promise the kid that they have only one position open and you are the number one option for us. If you give us your pledge by this date, we will not recruit or bring another kid in for a visit.

A lot of kids like that!

Fact remains very few kids have that type cloudt no matter their star status. The few each year that actually do know who they are as do coaches.

We should indeed offer Sean White. We just can't sit around and wait for 1 or 2 other QB's. Why? because they could commit and sign with whom ever and we could end up not signing any top QB.

Just because Zeke Pike has substance abuse problems doesn't mean every QB that looks good at Elite 11 has the same problems. Your flashbacks are not rational.

Yep, a terrible waste of good talent.

Put up a 5.05 40 (yikers!) but a quality 4.24 shuttle. And, oh yeah, White man can't jump. Like a 27" or something vertical.

I'm sorry but 40 time for a qb means nothing and 5.05 really isn't that slow

With the ammount of read-option in Gus and Rhett's offense, 40 times for QBs mean more than they do in Bama or LSU's offense.

With that said, Gus knows how to adapt his offense to fit the personel that he has. Chris Todd was not the most gifted runner in the world, but Gus used him to break Auburn records.

While some QB's can hurt you with both their arm or their leg but may not be as accurate, a QB like Sean will give a DC fits because he has tremendous accuracy, meaning the defense has to always play the WR's tight or he will find a way to get the ball to them. When they are doing that, it is much harder for them to provide run support, leading to huge rushing numbers. And just when the defense starts to cheat up on the run... BOOM. Fly route down the field, big play.

Even if a QB is not a skilled or talented runner (which I believe that SW is) he can still help the running game simply by making the defense fear the passing game.

Archived