Hello and War Eagle

RollTideRoll

Wow!

My first post ever on an Auburn forum. Amazing. First, please allow me to be one to say that you guys are definately the real deal this year. If you beat us, (which won't be as hard as I would have hoped), and win the SECCG, then you definately deserve a shot at the NC. I would love to see Auburn and Oklahoma face off for the gold, but USC keeps sticking around like an in-law past their welcome.

I do see some interesting things for this game, so let's break some of them down and discuss:

Alabama Defense

The Crimson Tide defense is among the best in the Nation. WE do not have a lot of depth, so with a succession of 3 and outs, they do get tired. I feel that we will be the best defense you have faced all season, and that alone will make for more than a little excitement.

Auburn Offense

You guys are one of a select few "complete" packages. Your rushing game is daunting to say the least and your "air" attack, while not stellar, is potent. Campbell is a serious quarterback that can pick apart teams and wreak havoc on the secondary.

Alabama Offense

We run the ball. A lot. Then when we get tired of running, we go ahead and run that ball. Our rushing records do not stack up because rushing is all we do, but when it works (most of the time) it works well. We chew up the clock and pound it out.

Auburn Defense

I'll be the first to say that we have not seen anything like your defense this season. It will be interesting to see if we can find a way to poke some holes to allow the run.

With injuries, sanctions, and what-not, we are very thin, and will have to play a perfect game to compete with you guys. That is a fact. Note, that I say to compete, not win.

So why do I think we have a shot at winning

Heart. You guys have it, but it is tempered with your success. Your players and coaches may not focus on the game, (I am sure they will), and that could cost them.

Heart. Our guys have it. We are depleted, decimated, and hurting. We have nothing to lose. Our players will be focused on the game like it is a championship game.

Will it be enough? I don't know, but that's why we play the games and not let some obscure computer model dictate the results. (And yes, that was a not so vague reference to the BCS... We at Alabama think the BCS sucks too.)

Roll Tide and Flame On!

thanks for the nice post...but I still can't believe you said War Eagle. This could be one of the harder games this season for us. The Iron Bowl doesn't go by the rules most of the time. It should be a pretty good game, and it would have been a hell of a lot better if you guys didn't have so many injuries. I will never like bama, but I'm glad you guys are startin to get more recruits so you can give us some compettion in the Iron Bowl. WDE

Thoughtful posts might get a little razzing, but not out and out flaming. It's a pretty good analysis. Seems to me that the defenses are both very good. The tough thing is your passing game. For whatever reason the same O-line that makes such great holes for the RBs can't pass block and your QBs have paid dearly for it.

I think you guys have to hope we lose focus and commit 2 or 3 costly errors and your defense has to play out of its mind because I don't see your offense doing enough to win otherwise.

They key would be for us to have some looks Campbell has not seen, some stunts that Tubberville was not expecting, and several mis-cues on your offense.

I do not see that happening, but a couple of nice stuffs on the QB and a nice shakeup on play calls could put us into good position to put points on the board.

Unless the D scores for :ua: I see an :au: win. The O is just not that great due to injuries etc.

On the bright side, :ua: has a great future with Kines on the staff.

i can't help but feel like this game should have shutout written all over it. i mean we haven't seen a more one-dimensional team all year. seems like we'd be able to key up and shut it down. i'm sure i'll be wrong as wrong can be by the end of the day, and the game will probably be close to the last drop, but it just shouldn't be.

i think jason is the guy that's gonna do the damage saturday. i know bama has the best passing efficiency D in the nation, but they were absolutely gashed by caddilac last year AND we're coming off a game where the entire offense went through he and ronnie b. so they HAVE TO key on those two. should leave more room than normal against that secondary.

Like I've been telling my friends on campus. AU has to be VERY careful this week. UA has absolutly NOTHING to lose, AU has EVERYTHING to lose. I doubt the coaches at AU are taking ANYTHING lightly, but there is no way for them to keep players from not getting up for the game and underestimating UA. That lies with each player at AU.

Unfortunatly, there is no way to tell, and we will only find out Saturday. If you happen to run into a guy with a red (non-painted) arm, say sup. I won't rag ya too bad. ;)

streyeder youre going to have to explain the red arm thing. that is confusing me.

122814[/snapback]

I have what's called a Port Wine Stain birthmark that covers my entire right arm, part of my chest, back and neck. Basically it's caused by nerve endings not telling the blood capillaries to quit expanding when in development and therefore blood "pools" in those areas thus giving a dark red (crimson) appearence.

As much as I hate posting this pic, as I need one that's not 3 years old, here's the only oen I have that shows the difference between my arms:

http://www.myfreakingopinion.com/images/finger.jpg

Note: My finger is NOT broken, I'm double-jointed in all ten.

Note^2: Yes it is larger than my left arm, both in girth and length (couple of inches, which wreaks havoc on long sleeve shirt buying).

Note^3: It feels, acts, and does everything like a normal arm. I don't even notice it really, though walking by people and seeing them stare downwards at at is somewhat humerour at times. I'm not like most w/ PWS and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Like I always say... God made me a Bama fan. B):ua:

Bama may come at us with some new looks on D. But our D does the same thing. Just ask UGA. A lot of articles quote the UGA QB and Receivers as saying that AU hides their coverages very good. Same goes with our O. UA will see several plays that they didn't see on tape. They will also see a lot of plays that have been used, but the play is run differently. Borges sets up the opposing D throughout a game, and I honestly think he thinks games ahead. Everyone was surprised that we didn't use as many deep routes agains UGA. But they are there if we need them, just didn't need them. Our O is flexible. It's a tired expression, but they literally 'take what the d gives'. I think it's going to be a tight game, but depth and injuries will finally take it's toll on UA and AU will pull away the last half.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Very good 1st post. Welcome....WAR EAGLE ! ! ! O N E at a time. :au:

Welcome to the jungle rolltideroll! Good post. I'm sticking with my early in the week prediction. Auburn had too much going for them and Bamma has just the opposite. This game would have been much closer in week 3.

:au: Auburn 34

:ua: Alabama 16

And again.......Welcome!

Like I always say... God made me a Bama fan. B):ua:

122817[/snapback]

Nope, God doen't do that to anyone. He gives us the choice and some people make the wrong ones and pull for UAT :)

Wow!

My first post ever on an Auburn forum. 

122783[/snapback]

Welcome to WEN Bamason (I can't say your posted handle :) ) We may disagree with you sometime but I don't think you will get flamed here.

WAR EAGLE BACK ATCHA! Welcome to THE Board! :big::big::big::au::au::au:

WAR EAGLE!!!

I keep going back and forth as to whether or not this will be a good game.

In some aspects, such as Alabama's D and their running game, I don't see how it couldn't be. However, the lack of depth and the inability to throw the ball coupled with Auburn's brilliance :) , I just don't see how it can't be a pounding!!!

Oh yeah, it is the Iron Bowl so that could change a couple of thigs. They're always close and no one is guaranteed a win.

With that said, I don't think any of us have anything to worry about with the players and coaches staying focused on the game at hand. Right after the UGA game was over, Cadillac commented on the wonderful game, but immediately said he can't wait for Alabama. Being that I am the same age as the seniors, and am one myself, I know what all we had to go through growing up losing to them all the time so I don't think any of them will take this for granted, and actually, I think they will play their hearts out because they know if they do, this could be a huge blowout that could get us where we need to be and they would love to do it against their #1 enemy!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT BAMA!!!!!

hey your pretty cute for a Bama boy

yes, I am a girl so don't get all freaked out.

122886[/snapback]

Thanks! :) And Thanks for also pointing out the latter, lol.

Like I always say... God made me a Bama fan. 

Nope, God doen't do that to anyone. He gives us the choice and some people make the wrong ones and pull for UAT

Yea, God knows what team to pull for. I don't see anyone with naturally orange or blue arms...not alive at least... :o:lol:

When Bear died and miracously went to Heaven, God met him at the gate and led him to a small run-down shanty on the outer edge of heaven. There was a small tattered UA flag blowing in the breeze. Bear had a puzzled look on his face. He looked at God and said, "I dont understand why I get such a run down place to live in. I was the greatest coach ever. As we were coming in, I saw a mansion up on the hill that had an beautiful Auburn flag waving in the breeze. Why does Shug get such better accomadations than I do?" God replied, "That's not Shug's house. It's mine".

but the sky is blue and the sun is orange so there :P

123001[/snapback]

The sky is UNC colors and the sun is Clemson colors. ;)

123021[/snapback]

When God gave out all the the school colors he told the Auburn guy that he gave Auburn orange and blue because Auburn had the world's most beautiful sunsets, navy blue and burnt orange. He then gave the bama guy red and white and walked away. The bama guy said wait a minute God, you explained why you gave everyone else their colors but not ours. God said OK if you really want to know.....I gave bama red and white because their fans remind me of rednecks and white trash. :)

Archived