Tucker Tuberville

rws0009

Tucker Tuberville will join the team this fall as a walk-on QB.

Tucker Tuberville, the oldest son of former Auburn head football coach Tommy Tuberville, will join the Auburn football program as a walk-on quarterback.

Tucker Tuberville, who was redshirted last season as a walk-on at Texas Tech, led Frenship High School to a 10-1 record in 2011. When his father left for Cincinnati after three seasons as head coach at Texas Tech, Tucker decided to walk on at Auburn, in the city where he grew up and played quarterback at Lee-Scott Academy.

http://www.auburntig.../072513aac.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. I would have assumed that bad blood would have prevented this. I shouldn't assume. I have no idea what kind of prospect he is or if he plans to be a coach and wants to learn from gus, but I like it.

War Eagle Tucker....All the best! ! ! !

That's pretty cool there. Two thoughts: 1) I would imagine he wants to get in to coaching, so this makes absolute sense in walking on and learning from Gus while getting to go to AU at the same time and 2) If Tucker is old enough to be in college then I'm truly getting old. Wow!

If your choices were Texas Tech, Cincinnati or Auburn...what would you choose? Not a difficult choice and he's obviously a bright young man. Good for him.

Engineer. coming to Auburn. Makes sense IMO.

Don't get the "bad blood" comment. Despite revisionist history on this board, Tubbs & AU parting ways was very much mutual and very much amicable.

I hope that is true and man I am getting old.

Good luck in Cincinnati Tubbs! And good luck to Tucker.

Don't get the "bad blood" comment. Despite revisionist history on this board, Tubbs & AU parting ways was very much mutual and very much amicable.

I wonder if part of Tommy's severance package was an agreement for a free education for the kids...who is picking up the tab? Just saying. Why would the kid not want to learn from his Dad? Maybe he doesn't like duck hunting and wants to be an offensive minded coach. Sorry for the speculation, just can't wait till Aug 31. Welcome back to the Plains Lil Tubbs. WDE!

I wonder if part of Tommy's severance package was an agreement for a free education for the kids...who is picking up the tab? Just saying. Why would the kid not want to learn from his Dad? Maybe he doesn't like duck hunting and wants to be an offensive minded coach. Sorry for the speculation, just can't wait till Aug 31. Welcome back to the Plains Lil Tubbs. WDE!

And why is this your business? As for Tubs....he got one for the thumb against Bama + 1....I'm good with that and see no point in petty comments about him years after he has left.

I'd still like to see Tommy as our AD. Glad to see his kid want to go to AU.

Great idea! I think any school would be lucky to have Coach Tuberville serve as their AD.

I would think that Tuberville's son wanting to be at AU and be a part of the FB program would be a pretty good indication that there's no, and probably never has been any bad blood on the whole. I'm sure there are folks at AU who aren't the best of friends but all are professionals and are able to put personal feelings aside for the betterment of AU.

I'd still like to see Tommy as our AD. Glad to see his kid want to go to AU.

+1 on both statements. Whether Tucker wants to be an engineer or coach he picked a great place to study.

Why would a well respected QB coach, and recruiter who recently put not one but two QB's into the first round of the NFL draft, leave a program on the rise? That program was 12-2 last year and won its conference. He left in order to take a position at a program that finished 3-9 and has been on a steady decline since winning a national championship in 2010. Many would say that this program with the exception of that 2010 season has not been relevant in the SEC let alone the SEC west in many years. Not only did he change schools but took a coaching position change. Some say it was out of loyalty to the University that he graduated from, and that may indeed have a lot to do with his decision. But a lot of speculation has been placed on the fact that he wanted to learn a the new high powered HUNH offense from one of its creators. That system has spread like wildfire and currently has applications also hitting the NFL. Perhaps Tucker Tuberville has aspirations of coaching one day and he also wants to learn from CGM and CRL. BTW Coach Craig for whatever the reason thanks for coming back. Auburn needed you.

And why is this your business? As for Tubs....he got one for the thumb against Bama + 1....I'm good with that and see no point in petty comments about him years after he has left.

Chat boards are fair game my friend...hope you didn't get your feelings hurt. When the young sons name him the chat board his situation was open for comments. Not sure what you mean by petty comment. Is it petty that the Braves are paying for Tyler Stovall to attend college??? Anything is possible. Chin up, football season is coming.

Why would a well respected QB coach, and recruiter who recently put not one but two QB's into the first round of the NFL draft, leave a program on the rise? That program was 12-2 last year and won its conference. He left in order to take a position at a program that finished 3-9 and has been on a steady decline since winning a national championship in 2010. Many would say that this program with the exception of that 2010 season has not been relevant in the SEC let alone the SEC west in many years. Not only did he change schools but took a coaching position change. Some say it was out of loyalty to the University that he graduated from, and that may indeed have a lot to do with his decision. But a lot of speculation has been placed on the fact that he wanted to learn a the new high powered HUNH offense from one of its creators. That has spread like wildfire and is currently has applications also hitting the NFL. Perhaps Tucker Tuberville has aspirations of coaching one day and he also wants to learn from CGM and CRL. BTW Coach Craig for whatever the reason thanks for coming back Auburn needed you.

Maybe Tubbs sent him down to learn so he can come back and help ole dad with a future installation of a hunh offense...it's all speculation.

i miss coach tubs and i wish him well where ever he goes as long as he is not playing auburn. the fact that he is still hated by bama fans just makes him more endearing to me....

Did anyone ever think that the kid practically grew up in Auburn and probably has many great memories about the school and being on the sidelines etc? My oldest son was friends with some of the coaches kids while Tubbs was there. He knew Tucker but he was younger than his friends but yet they all still played on the sidelines during practice and were at some of the games together. Ton of memories there. So maybe when Tubbs moved along Tucker maybe wanted to go back to a place where he had some great memories and to learn the HUNH. Otherwise he could have stayed where he was to learn the Offense that was at A&M last year....who knows but glad to have him on board. And Welcome Back

I love this story. Tub knows it is a business. Once you have lived in Auburn for a few years, it is hard not to want to come back. I hope Tucker's time here is good for him and good for AU.

not totally. tubs did not quit. he did not want to be fired, but left quietly with $5.1million with no strings. it became mutual with that sweetener.

Archived