Iron Bowl Weather Forecast

Proud Tiger

Its raining like a monsoon in Houston today and it s headed your way to AL. I think the rain only favors Bama as they can't throw the ball anyway. However, they've only got Darby and we've got 2 NFL backs. I always think bad weather favors the underdog tho.

Would have to say that Alabama will benefit more. They have a big offensive line and it's tough to react defensively with a wet field.

Doubt if rain will be enough help for them, though.

Both teams have to play on the same field, if I recall correctly.

Would have to say that AUBURN will benefit more. They have a big offensive line and it's tough to react defensively with a wet field. PLUS AU has TWO NFL caliber running backs. :big:

Doubt if rain will be enough help for them, though. :big:

Both teams have to play on the same field, if I recall correctly. :big:

Bammers are praying for rain. But as previously stated, both teams play on the same field. It may benefit bammer more, but we have a pretty good running game ourselves. So what if the passing game suffers a little. The type of passes we ran against UGA, RB and CW out of the backfield, will not be hampered that much on a wet field. I still say they can't stay with us for four quarters. Rain, snow, sleet, hailstorm, monsoon, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, volcano eruption, whatever. We still come out ahead.

Typically rain tends to close the gap between teams, as it negates a superior team's speed advantage. It does not, however, always hurt a passing team to have a wet field since the receiver and QB know where the play is designed to go and the DB's don't. I think that a wet field will have more effect on both defenses due to the fact that they are "speed defenses". I believe that our having more offensive weapons still gives us a significant advantage regardless of weather.

Typically rain tends to close the gap between teams, as it negates a superior team's speed advantage.  It does not, however, always hurt a passing team to have a wet field since the receiver and QB know where the play is designed to go and the DB's don't.  I think that a wet field will have more effect on both defenses due to the fact that they are "speed defenses".  I believe that our having more offensive weapons still gives us a significant advantage regardless of weather.

122863[/snapback]

I tend to agree with your assessment. But closing the gap may in how bad we beat them may hurt us in the polls.

Rain doesnt have much effect on our offense because Jason throws a wet ball almost as well as he does a dry ball. The running game will likely also be in our favor if it rains, because we are a better running team than Bama. Also, both teams feature similar defenses, so I count this a wash.

The Iron Bowl weather forecast is 70% chance of rain. Who do you think that will benefit?

122848[/snapback]

I think that it will hurt us more. We seem to have a bit of trouble holding on to the ball in good conditions, and with the ball being wet could only mean trouble.

We have not played in the rain this year, so I don't know if our really young players can handle it. I'd really like to see no outside forces have any influence on the game this year. I hope the weather holds out, and that the refs are in a good mood for both teams(no bad calls or non calls for either side),and that we see what both teams have, and we're able to leave the game on the field. I remeber in 92 when we won, and it was Coach Dye's last Iron Bowl, he wished Bama well, and hoped we won it all. I hope that if that is the way it turns out for you guys that Coach Shula wishes Auburn the same. Don't get me wrong, because I still want to win, but I have to be realistic.

I really hate for there to be bad weather. Every time you guys come to town, it seems like we have this kind of weather...maybe we'd better go back to Birmingham..ha ha.

Rain usually helps a passing team because the receivers know where they are going and the DB's don't. A slippery field makes coverage for them harder. WDE! :au:

I agree with that but its harder to catch a wet ball and the wind will have an impact if you get the same wind we have in Houston last night and this morning. I don't think it will matter to our short passing game like we executed against UGA. I just believe any thing out of the ordinary that may impact play calling will benefit the underdog. It won't be enough tho.

Bad weather favors the underdog...prime example - '01 Florida game!

122909[/snapback]

But it didn't start raining until we lined up for the game winning FG. I know...I WAS there. Maybe it helped Damon hook it in! :big::au:

Bad weather favors the underdog...prime example - '01 Florida game!

But it didn't start raining until we lined up for the game winning FG. I know...I WAS there. Maybe it helped Damon hook it in! :big::au:

I was there too and the wind was blowing pretty good the whole game. Bad weather doesn't just mean rain...I think there was tornado watch before the game.

Hmmmmm.....Let's see.....I will check my "Shoulder and Knee are killing me!" forecast, From WarTim, the official "Caller of the Nip".......

Sorry uat. No rain during the game. It may rain on the "planned" uat "parade" after the game though. :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! !...O N E at a time. :au:

I think the rain helps BAMA due to the speed of our defense, and the fact that rain would enable (Guillion.. please Guillion) to connect on those sweet short passes of his to chew the clock.

The only way we win is if our DEFENSE wins it for us.

The only way Auburn doesn't blow the scoreboard panel box is if every Bama fan in the stands in Jordan-Hare West kneels down and begs Coach Tubberville for mercy. Bammer theme for the game: Beg for Mercy!

The only way Auburn doesn't blow the scoreboard panel box is if every Bama fan in the stands in Jordan-Hare West kneels down and begs Coach Tubberville for mercy.  Bammer theme for the game: Beg for Mercy!

122952[/snapback]

Just like last year huh?

As I remember it, all the AU fans I was around were begging AU players to catch the onsides kick. :P

The only way Auburn doesn't blow the scoreboard panel box is if every Bama fan in the stands in Jordan-Hare West kneels down and begs Coach Tubberville for mercy.  Bammer theme for the game: Beg for Mercy!

122952[/snapback]

Just like last year huh?

As I remember it, all the AU fans I was around were begging AU players to catch the onsides kick. :P

122953[/snapback]

Man, your imagination runs wild!!

How many times do I have to tell you BG. We won that one in the first QTR!! Hang your hat on that moral victory some more. But, let me offer you some of your OWN logic on the situation. 2 points on a sack+7 points on a KO+7 points on a circus catch in the endzone=LUCKY TO STILL BE IN THE GAME!!

Archived