Bama DT Darius Paige

RunInRed

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one way to get out in front of a grade changing scandle. This was the same kid that transferred to Foley that raised the eye brow of the NCAA. Black helicopters should be hovering all around this story.

Free post from Bryan that I fully agree with. Link

Just keep in mind that we're talking about a kid who just had his dream of playing major college football taken away from him because of a medical condition. I don't know the details with Paige but I know some players, including one at Auburn several years, have had to give up football because of a form of sickle cell disease that is more common in african americans and often not diagnosed until specifically tested for. College football players are tested for this when they first arrive on campus.

I have no idea if Paige has a form of sickle cell but whatever it is, I think you should have compassion for a young man in his situation.

Also Red, I think having processed in the title is somewhat insensitive until we find out the facts on this situation.

I wish the best for the kid not matter what. It is certainly an unfortunate situation as well as an uncanny coincidence if that is the situation.

Free post from Bryan that I fully agree with. Link

Just keep in mind that we're talking about a kid who just had his dream of playing major college football taken away from him because of a medical condition. I don't know the details with Paige but I know some players, including one at Auburn several years, have had to give up football because of a form of sickle cell disease that is more common in african americans and often not diagnosed until specifically tested for. College football players are tested for this when they first arrive on campus.

I have no idea if Paige has a form of sickle cell but whatever it is, I think you should have compassion for a young man in his situation.

Also Red, I think having processed in the title is somewhat insensitive until we find out the facts on this situation.

Actually no, we don't know that. When you have someone like saban that has a track record of processing players out of his program in very shady ways, this is what you get. Many of us here were saying back when all the talk of his transfer from Pensacola to Foley made the rounds that it wouldn't be long before he was processed. Those of us that said that were proven right today. It's what saban does. He has more medical hardships than the rest of the teams in the conference combined. Knowing how saban does business, the kids only medical condition is probably not running the 40 fast enough.. With saban it doesn't take much to get processed.

I do not know anything about this young man's particular situation.....but weeman has no problem shattering a kid's dream after making big promises. That much I do know.

The reason I freely used the word "processed" was because of the tweets Paige posted ...

Being leftout is the worst feeling ever!! :(

Nobody deserves to be treated like an option

Now, maybe these tweets weren't about football but given Saban's track record ...

IDK, maybe I jumped the gun, thread title revised.

If its a medical problem, we may never know due to HIPAA. Unless the person states the cause or someone leaks the reason.

Anything that goes on at that program is under suspicion.

I don't think you should have changed the thread title at all. He was definitely PROCESSED....just like countless players before him.

Seems like some paranoia might be driving the speculation. This kid is a hoss and can't see him being "processed" before he is even out on the field. The article indicates that he is staying at Bama and his education will be paid...which I think is a good situation for him. If I recall correctly, most of the guys who are processed out end up at some Div II or FCS school and that does not seem to be the case.

There are numerous cases of these big guys having heart related problems that in years past would have gone unnoticed.....but now get caught in acceptance physicals.

JMO but until he makes a "miraculous recovery" and shows up on the roster next year, seems we should take this at face value and wish him well. At this point at least, sounds like Bama is doing the right thing by him.

Boy some of you are all class. Why bother waiting on any facts when you can blindly bash a situation you know nothing about?

Sounds like the typical Bama response to most things AU. Welcome.

Boy some of you are all class. Why bother waiting on any facts when you can blindly bash a situation you know nothing about?

You guys are a broken record with the whole processed thing. As if every player for every other school makes it all the way through from LOI to graduation.

I'm totally sure that Nick Saban can end a kid's career via medical route before he sets foot on any field. That sounds totally reasonable.

You guys are a broken record with the whole processed thing. As if every player for every other school makes it all the way through from LOI to graduation.

I'm totally sure that Nick Saban can end a kid's career via medical route before he sets foot on any field. That sounds totally reasonable.

He damn sure has no problem pulling a players scholly offer less than a week before NSD. True or False?

It sounds like something that will end his football career. Medical DQ is something you give someone that cannot or should not be on the field again like an issue with the spinal column, a heart condition, etc.

I think Saban has unjustly "processed" a few guys before, but I don't think this is one of them. JMO.

He damn sure has no problem pulling a players scholly offer less than a week before NSD. True or False?

That's not even in the same universe as what's being suggested here.

What is being suggested is saban screws players. That is exactly in the same universe. He uses them!!!

What is being suggested is saban screws players. That is exactly in the same universe. He uses them!!!

No point. Some folks just don't get it, and never will. Too bad for this kid.

I think that if I wanted to play, I would get a second opinion. There was a guy, not to long ago, that transferred to UGA and played because the first place he was playing for said he had a medical problem. Second opinion and what do you know he is now in the NFL. Someone with a better memory help me out. Oh, there have been numerous players with sickle cell trait that are playing today. It has to be watched closely medical wise. Just saying....

Archived