Bama DT Darius Paige

RunInRed

I think that if I wanted to play, I would get a second opinion. There was a guy, not to long ago, that transferred to UGA and played because the first place he was playing for said he had a medical problem. Second opinion and what do you know he is now in the NFL. Someone with a better memory help me out. Oh, there have been numerous players with sickle cell trait that are playing today. It has to be watched closely medical wise. Just saying....

Jarvis Jones. LB.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder about the use and of quality of medical exams given to athletes in high schools, colleges, and professional leagues.

Some conditions might come on very fast while others are there for years. Did Paige's high schools not require physicals before allowing him to play?

Texas A&M just sent a player to the NFL that failed a physical due to damage from too many concussions. Arizona did know about his history of concussions at A&M and watched for signs of any more concussions.

Failed multipliable drug test??!?

No. He would be dismissed from the team and his scholly would be dropped if this was the case.

The rules have changed. A player cannot be given a medical hardship by the schools without the approval of the SEC office. But nikki has the SEC office in his back pocket. I'm not sure they would deny him anything.

I wonder about the use and of quality of medical exams given to athletes in high schools, colleges, and professional leagues.

Some conditions might come on very fast while others are there for years. Did Paige's high schools not require physicals before allowing him to play?

Texas A&M just sent a player to the NFL that failed a physical due to damage from too many concussions. Arizona did know about his history of concussions at A&M and watched for signs of any more concussions.

Good points....a HS physical is probably just to determine that a kid is breathing to get the height and weight facts. Universities and pros are much more thorough and less willing to take a chance.

Several years ago AU lost a player during practice to some undiscovered health problem.....and it happens a dozen times a year at US high schools and colleges. JMO but nothing about the way Bama has handled this smells....and sounds to me like some folks are just looking for an excuse to complain. If the kid later turns up playing at Bama or UNA or somewhere...send me the crow...but until then it's all just baseless conspiracy theories.

Good points....a HS physical is probably just to determine that a kid is breathing to get the height and weight facts. Universities and pros are much more thorough and less willing to take a chance.

Several years ago AU lost a player during practice to some undiscovered health problem.....and it happens a dozen times a year at US high schools and colleges. JMO but nothing about the way Bama has handled this smells....and sounds to me like some folks are just looking for an excuse to complain. If the kid later turns up playing at Bama or UNA or somewhere...send me the crow...but until then it's all just baseless conspiracy theories.

If you asked me 2 years ago, I would have agreed that hs physicals aren't intensive. Then again, 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Leukemia during a ... *drum roll* ... HS sports physical! Things do happen, and while I don't know if that is what happened here, I wish the best for Mr. Paige. WDE.

The rules have changed. A player cannot be given a medical hardship by the schools without the approval of the SEC office. But nikki has the SEC office in his back pocket. I'm not sure they would deny him anything.

So now we control the SEC office as well? Why stop there? I'm pretty sure your conspiracy goes all the way to the white house.

So now we control the SEC office as well? Why stop there? I'm pretty sure your conspiracy goes all the way to the white house.

Do you really enjoy this?

Do you really enjoy this?

He's a gump. People are not allowed to talk bad about alerbamr. They never break any rules. Nothing to see here.

You can't honestly say bammer doesn't get some leeway. ...them being good is good for foot in the terms of $...between ttown men's wear mutiple players driving $30, 000 cars outa no where and not the dee liner thing the ncaa should be turning every stone in tuscaloosa but they don't bc mullet nation brings money to the ncaa and that's the business side of things

You can't honestly say bammer doesn't get some leeway. ...them being good is good for foot in the terms of $...between ttown men's wear mutiple players driving $30, 000 cars outa no where and not the dee liner thing the ncaa should be turning every stone in tuscaloosa but they don't bc mullet nation brings money to the ncaa and that's the business side of things

^^ This covers it all! As far as bama controlling the sec office, dont believe us go ask les miles, or Steve Spurrier just to name a few! I guarantee u wont like what they have to say about ur militant midget either,bamagrad!!

He's a gump. People are not allowed to talk bad about alerbamr. They never break any rules. Nothing to see here.

People speak ill of Alabama all the time. But I find it hilarious when you guys get all indignant about being checked on your observations that represent a suspension of reality or common sense.

Did Auburn get in trouble when their players flashed cash? Or do you just not count all the stuff that falls in your favor?

Do any of your guys ever tire of being a**holes to people over the team they cheer for? I mean, I want Alabama to lose every game they play as much as anyone but some of you folks are borderline psychotic.

^^ This covers it all! As far as bama controlling the sec office, dont believe us go ask les miles, or Steve Spurrier just to name a few! I guarantee u wont like what they have to say about ur militant midget either,bamagrad!!

Don't forget about them crying to the SEC office about all of the teams who had an open date before they played bama. The SEC made teams change their schedules for the gumps.

Do any of your guys ever tire of being a**holes to people over the team they cheer for? I mean, I want Alabama to lose every game they play as much as anyone but some of you folks are borderline psychotic.

I know it hurts your soul that many here don't like turdnugget03. Now you're out here slinging names at people because they don't like him, like the only reason they don't like him is because he pulls for bama. There's more to it than that and if you don't see it you may want to look in the mirror before calling others psychotic. Your feverish need to defend one of the boards most annoying posters is baffling to say the least.

I know it hurts your soul that many here don't like turdnugget03. Now you're out here slinging names at people because they don't like him, like the only reason they don't like him is because he pulls for bama. There's more to it than that and if you don't see it you may want to look in the mirror before calling others psychotic. Your feverish need to defend one of the boards most annoying posters is baffling to say the least.

Actually, the reason people don't like me is because I pull for Bama. That and the fact that I'm not willing to concede every tinfoil hat conspiracy you guys come up with related to Bama.

Don't forget about them crying to the SEC office about all of the teams who had an open date before they played bama. The SEC made teams change their schedules for the gumps.

Tell me more. Because I was under the impression they made that rule for the SEC across the board. I didn't reailze it was JUST for Alabama.

I'm fine with the bammers and like 'em even more when they stick to their boards. JMO but if the Mods give these guys an inch and pretty soon this will look al.com where 90% of the posts are bammers making nasty about AU on every AU related column or article. If I want to read Bama opinions, I know where to find them....and was hoping it was not here. Just sayin'

I don't really care who it is and this behavior doesn't really change when it's not BG. The only reason I even read this one was because I hadn't seen BG post here in a while. I should have known better. There's a reason I don't venture in here much and it's because it's embarrassing as an Auburn fan how some people here act.

I didn't defend anything. All I'm doing is pointing out that some folks need to take a Valium once in a while because like it or not, we will have rival fans post here and they will not have to check their allegiances at the door. It's by design and the policy is not up for debate.

I'm fine with the bammers and like 'em even more when they stick to their boards. JMO but if the Mods give these guys an inch and pretty soon this will look al.com where 90% of the posts are bammers making nasty about AU on every AU related column or article. If I want to read Bama opinions, I know where to find them....and was hoping it was not here. Just sayin'

I think AUN gave me an inch in 1999. So clearly your slippery slope argument doesn't apply here. And I think it's a safe bet that the rivals section is where you're likely to find rival posters.

Actually, the reason people don't like me is because I pull for Bama. That and the fact that I'm not willing to concede every tinfoil hat conspiracy you guys come up with related to Bama.

Tell me more. Because I was under the impression they made that rule for the SEC across the board. I didn't reailze it was JUST for Alabama.

This yr makes the 4th time actually! 1- he cried about AU having "tiger prowl"", 2- he cried about everybody has a week off before playing bama, 3-he and fatboy at arkie are crying about hunh offenses, and finally #4! - Ever wonder how He gets a week off before playing aTm after only 1week of play? No other team in the SEC gets that treatment! But that's ok because it's weeman and bama! Cant tell me that's not special treatment. And they moved aTm up to the 2nd game this yr, which I find very odd! WDE

I think AUN gave me an inch in 1999. So clearly your slippery slope argument doesn't apply here. And I think it's a safe bet that the rivals section is where you're likely to find rival posters.

Also, while we have always allowed rival fans to be here and post here without genuflecting at Samford Hall and saying five "War Eagles", we've always curtailed obvious flamebait and trashing of Auburn or Auburn players and coaches. So this is really a non-existent worry.

This yr makes the 4th time actually! 1- he cried about AU having "tiger prowl"", 2- he cried about everybody has a week off before playing bama, 3-he and fatboy at arkie are crying about hunh offenses, and finally #4! - Ever wonder how He gets a week off before playing aTm after only 1week of play? No other team in the SEC gets that treatment! But that's ok because it's weeman and bama! Cant tell me that's not special treatment. And they moved aTm up to the 2nd game this yr, which I find very odd! WDE

So you think it's reasonable that 6 of 8 SEC opponents have a week off before you? You think that's reasonable? If it were Auburn you'd be OK with it? And again, they didn't make a special rule JUST for Bama. And we still had to play that season as is.

Regardless of what he said about HUNH, nobody's changing rules. So I don't see your point. Now it shows favoritsim because he's allowed to speak on the matter?

And of COURSE we're gonna want our off week to come before our toughest opponent. Everyone does that. LSU has an open date, plays us, has ANOTHER open date, plays AtM.

Archived