This is a thing that's heavily overlooked in Alabama's "dynasty"

Dual-Threat Rigby

Alabama's been the best team in the nation according to championships, but during this time, their main rival (Auburn) has only been competitive (or even in the same vicinity) in the first two years

The first year they should've lost, but didn't and won the NC (they still almost lost to Tenn too, that FG miss smh)

The second year they did and did not win a NC

And here is a trend that should be watched by outsiders, Auburn didn't have an identity halfway into the 2011 season and the defense was still eh. The coaching staff was starting to unravel, and I'm sure the writing was on the wall about Malzahn's leaving since Clemson. Skip on to the game, Alabama has one loss (and to the this day I think LSU is and was better than Alabama, Les reacted terribly to Nick Saban's preparation, its apparent he had NO game plan) Auburn has 4, no reason to continue from there, we remember what happened

And another point I have to add is, Alabama didn't really have a hard schedule in 2011, or 2012, which really defines my point. Auburn was supposed to be that 3rd or 4th good opponent, and without them, if Alabama can keep a loss close, and they do, they can waltz into a NC

I know you think this thread is somewhat unnecessary, but it's just something I was thinking while watching them vs ND

I hope Gus can return us to prominence or they're gonna be able to continue some of these mind-boggling poll moves.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What aggravates me is they have been lucky to even get to play each recent time they have for the national title. They have backed into each game because some other team(s) has choked. As far as I am concerned their recent titles are not as great as ours and won't be until they can win one while going undefeated.

Not sure exactly what you're pointing to bro, but I frickin hate Bammer, so I appreciate the effort anyways. :) My Dad always used to say that you can't argue with a winner and like or not, Updyke U is on arguably the most impressive roll of the modern college football era and showing no signs of slowing down. I just care about what we do and I don't give a flip about who Bammer beats or how they win games or if they are deserving of a Natty. They simply don't interest me at all.

What aggravates me is they have been lucky to even get to play each recent time they have for the national title. They have backed into each game because some other team(s) has choked. As far as I am concerned their recent titles are not as great as ours and won't be until they can win one while going undefeated.

While going undefeated without almost choking, I may add.

To clarify to others, I am not trying to instigate a Alabama beef or discussion, I just had to post this.

uat has been extremely lucky and also had espn blowing their horn. The best team they have had in the last twenty years was 2009. If CGC had not called Gus off after we went up 21 points, AU would have slaughtered that team. They stole the signs the first half of 2010 and we came back and beat them. Again 2010 would have been a worse beat down but again as soon as we got ahead CGC called Gus off again. That is why we did not score for the last 11 minutes of the 4th quarter. By 2011 CGM was done after the Clemson game, from there out CGC had his hand deeep in the offense. I have no doubt (and neither does saben by listening to his whining about Gus's offense) that uat is fixing to become irrevalent again real soon. JMHO

The only way to keep UAT out of anymore NC games, is for US to blow them away in the same way they have bown us away since 2008. 36-0 in 2008, 42-14 in 2011 and 49-0 in 2012.

The only way to keep UAT out of anymore NC games is for US to blow them away the same way they have bown us away since 2008. 36-0 in 2008, 42-14 in 2011 and 49-0 in 2012.

Alright lets face it, this won't happen till Gus gets another Cam level QB...or Jeremy Johnson in his JR year

uat has been extremely lucky and also had espn blowing their horn. The best team they have had in the last twenty years was 2009. If CGC had not called Gus off after we went up 21 points, AU would have slaughtered that team. They stole the signs the first half of 2010 and we came back and beat them. Again 2010 would have been a worse beat down but again as soon as we got ahead CGC called Gus off again. That is why we did not score for the last 11 minutes of the 4th quarter. By 2011 CGM was done after the Clemson game, from there out CGC had his hand deeep in the offense. I have no doubt (and neither does saben by listening to his whining about Gus's offense) that uat is fixing to become irrevalent again real soon. JMHO

Gene Chizik has really made Gus's offense look less spectacular than it really is.

Don't know what happened on that last post ? uat was has been extremly lucky the last few years. They have caught the SEC while it was down and their schedule has mostly included the bad teams from the east. AU would have beat them in 2009 had CGC not called them off after they went up 21. In 2010 the stole the plays the first half and still got beat. It would have been worse but CGC called off CGM the last quarter. I know (and saben knows by how he is whining about CGM's offense) that uat is about to become irrevalent like they were for the past 20 years. War Eagle.

The only way to keep UAT out of anymore NC games, is for US to blow them away in the same way they have bown us away since 2008. 36-0 in 2008, 42-14 in 2011 and 49-0 in 2012.

Gus will take care of that soon.

It helps when you have the biggest sports media in the world on your side, swooning every time you cross the first down marker against Georgia southern... " Oh they're just so powerful..." When Bama shows me they they win a National Championship being the absolute, without a doubt, best team in college football, then and only then will I believe it. I hold to my belief that Texas A&M could beat Alabama a second time that year if they had met them in the NC somehow. I know they had 2 losses, but I believe A&M was the best team in college football by the end of the season last year. Easy to win a championship when you're playing Notre Dame.... Okay, my whining rant of the day :)/>

Luck always plays a role in BCS Natty's. Luck plays a bigger role when there are multiple teams with similar records. With Bama it was pure luck which propelled Bama into the 2011 BCS NC game. Luck also played a role in 2012. This is why, even in the BCS era, the D1A NC is still a mythical NC.

Well then, I hope we start getting as "lucky" as Updyke U then. Of course it probably has nothing to do with a boatload of 5*'s at every position, top notch facilities, rabid fan support, total support from the University, or a coach that will stop at nothing to win. Let's focus on us and not try to grasp for straws about a program that's won 3 out of the last 4 titles. All things come to an end and their run will be no different.

It helps when you have the biggest sports media in the world on your side, swooning every time you cross the first down marker against Georgia southern... " Oh they're just so powerful..." When Bama shows me they they win a National Championship being the absolute, without a doubt, best team in college football, then and only then will I believe it. I hold to my belief that Texas A&M could beat Alabama a second time that year if

they had met them in the NC somehow. I know they had 2 losses, but I believe A&M was the best team in college football by the end of the season last year. Easy to win a championship when you're playing Notre Dame.... Okay, my whining rant of the day :)/>

2010 bama would've lost to Oregon. We beat em, and probably should've by a dozen more points.

If we take care of ower business, it won't matter what they do. They will be the one watching us play in the SECCG, and in the BCS title game/playoff.

Exactly what is that??? Enroll in a uat english class??

Personally, I think the same sort of "luck" or media bias that kept us out of the 2004 BCSNC game with a perfect record is what put their less-than-perfect 2011 & 2012 teams into the BCSNCG's. But that's pretty much water under the bridge to me (although I would love for them to get slammed for suit-gate, rim-gate, and everything else fishy that's happened in the Saban era, and have to forfeit those two years and more!) But mostly I'm just ready for us to get back to beating them! ...us and several other of their opponents!

3 out of 4 natties and you guys still think we suck. That's gold.

Do we need to win 10 straight before you actually think we're good? How about 11?

Alabama didn't get 'lucky' or 'back into' their title game appearances. The only thing that would make it seem even CLOSE to that is because we have voters who vote on record and not on how teams play or how good teams are. If Ohio St would have gone undefeated last year, Bama would have been left out. THAAAAAT would have been luck for those two teams. Because neither one of them belong on the same field as any of the top 6 SEC teams. But we live in a world of lazy voting. And people scared to vote on team instead of record.

It's not luck that Oregon lost or K St lost. They lost. Given that neither team makes it a habit of going undefeated, them going undefeated would be luck. Just because they lose in November, doesn't make it luck. That just happens to be when they finally got around to playing a team with a pulse. A 12-1 SEC team going to the title game isn't luck. Why is it luck that Oregon loses the ONE ranked team they play, but it's not luck when Bama loses?

You guys crack me up.

You don't have to put dynstasty in quotes. 3 out of 4 natties is an accomplishment. Going 61-7 while playing in the SEC is a dynasty.

And to the original poster, you do realize that Alabama was AWFUL during your good run under Tubby right? Auburn may have been down lately during our run, but LSU wasn't.

If bammer ever won a "natty" without cheating....maybe you'd get some respect from somebody besides al.com and the updyke u grads at espn.

Remember how quiet all the networks got about USCw after their media favorite was taken down for cheating? It was actually pretty funny.

bammer is just an even sleazier version of USCw and lil' nickey is just a shorter,meaner version of Pete Carroll. Same type of arrogance and it will end the same way for bammer. lil'nickster has cheated in every college coaching job he's ever had, and he hires the same kind of coaches...those with serious ethical lapses. There's a reason for that.

There's really nothing to be proud of, but then bammers are not called gumps for nothing....

The hate is strong with this one.

I don't hate bammer....what I feel is disdain mixed with disgust. I just call it the way it is.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

Archived