This is a thing that's heavily overlooked in Alabama's "dynasty"

Dual-Threat Rigby

The only way to keep UAT out of anymore NC games, is for US to blow them away in the same way they have bown us away since 2008. 36-0 in 2008, 42-14 in 2011 and 49-0 in 2012.

It wouldn't take a blowout. All it would take is Auburn winning. A loss in the last reg season game almost assures a team will not be going to the NC game.

I think you're right. Though I do believe LSU lost their last regular season game in 07 and still won the title.

Only because of the epic choke jobs/assists by Mizzou and WVU, who were #1 and #2 respectively, and both lost their season finales.

Can't recall that ever happening in recent memory.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, half of why Alabama has had easy roads is because Auburn has sucked ass the last 5 years, save one. That's not our fault. And that's cyclical, unless you think Auburn is going to suck forever.

I think bama sucks 24/7

:roflol:

Schedules are made so far in advance it is tough to know your if your OOC opponent is going to be good or not. When you schedule a team it could go either way in the 2-5 years it actually takes to play them. Bottom line for us Auburn fans is we have a chance every year to keep Bama from going undefeated and possibly to any sort of championship game. F$#% worrying what an easy schedule they may or may not have, how lucky they may or may not have been or about other teams beating them and let the AU football team step up and do it themselves. Then we won't have to sift through 9 pages of 1 Bama fan defending a weak SOS.

Then we won't have to sift through 9 pages of 1 Bama fan defending a weak SOS.

Have you seen Auburn's OOC this year?

I wasn't accusing. Read that statement. Is it false? Maybe I should have put " what is perceived by some as a.....".

Regardless, Auburns SOS has nothing to do with Bama's.

You have to understand that bammers don't have the greatest comprehension in the world. They can't read the title of this board they love so much:

AUFAMILY

BY AUFANS FOR AU FANS

I guess they have dyslexia.

I wasn't accusing. Read that statement. Is it false? Maybe I should have put " what is perceived by some as a.....".

It is false. Alabama hasn't had a weak schedule. Below are the results from each of the top 5 finishers from 08-12 against top 25 teams and top 10 teams. Alabama is the only team with a winning record against top 10 and top 25 while facing at least 10 in both categories...

Alabama-16-7 against top 25 teams 7-6 against top 10 teams

Arkansas-6-17/3-12

Auburn-9-17/4-8

Florida-11-14/6-7

Georgia-5-15/1-9

LSU-11-14/6-9

Texas A&M-5-15/2-7

Oregon-9-8/3-7

USC-5-8/5-6

Oklahoma-11-14/1-6

Oklahoma St-7-11/1-5

Ohio St-9-8/3-4

Boise St-5-3/2-1

Utah-4-7/2-3

Notre Dame-4-12/1-5

Texas-8-10/2-2

TCU-8-6/1-4

Stanford-8-7/2-7

Alabama had the 19th toughest SOS last year, the 5th toughest SOS in 2011, and the 2nd toughest in 2009. Only a fool would assume a team in the SEC that made the title game got there because of scheduling.

Alabama has had to play 3 top 10 teams every season of their title years. In 2011, the higest final ranked team Okie St played in the regular season was 16th. Last year, Oregon played 2 ranked teams. Lost to the only top 10 team they faced, and beat #19 Oregon St.

And tell us again why you think it is necessary to come here telling us a lot of yada yada about bama.

It is false. Alabama hasn't had a weak schedule. Below are the results from each of the top 5 finishers from 08-12 against top 25 teams and top 10 teams. Alabama is the only team with a winning record against top 10 and top 25 while facing at least 10 in both categories...

Alabama-16-7 against top 25 teams 7-6 against top 10 teams

Arkansas-6-17/3-12

Auburn-9-17/4-8

Florida-11-14/6-7

Georgia-5-15/1-9

LSU-11-14/6-9

Texas A&M-5-15/2-7

Oregon-9-8/3-7

USC-5-8/5-6

Oklahoma-11-14/1-6

Oklahoma St-7-11/1-5

Ohio St-9-8/3-4

Boise St-5-3/2-1

Utah-4-7/2-3

Notre Dame-4-12/1-5

Texas-8-10/2-2

TCU-8-6/1-4

Stanford-8-7/2-7

Alabama had the 19th toughest SOS last year, the 5th toughest SOS in 2011, and the 2nd toughest in 2009. Only a fool would assume a team in the SEC that made the title game got there because of scheduling.

Alabama has had to play 3 top 10 teams every season of their title years. In 2011, the higest final ranked team Okie St played in the regular season was 16th. Last year, Oregon played 2 ranked teams. Lost to the only top 10 team they faced, and beat #19 Oregon St.

And tell us again why you this it is necessary to come here with a lot of yada yada about bama.

And tell us again why you this it is necessary to come here with a lot of yada yada about bama.

Somebody's gotta check you guys before you go out in public making a fool out of yourself saying stuff like 'Bama only won these titles because they had easier schedules than everybody else.'

Really, I'm providing a public service.

Somebody's gotta check you guys before you go out in public making a fool out of yourself saying stuff like 'Bama only won these titles because they had easier schedules than everybody else.'

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt."--Abe Lincoln

You are providing a service? I guess that makes you an Auburn board ho.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt."--Abe Lincoln

You are providing a service? I guess that makes you an Auburn board ho.

A two-piece and a biscuit.

Alabama's 2012 SOS is inflated because of Georgia and Notre Dame's records. Alabama's 12 game regular season schedule was fairly easy. I'm not going to count their game against Western Carolina because they aren't an FBS opponent. The combined record of Alabama's 11 FBS opponents was 71-67.

Alabama doesn't have an easy schedule playing in the SEC but compared to other SEC teams their schedule was easier. Their path to the SEC Championship game has been easier.

AL.com created a list of the easiest Divsion Champion's schedules in the SEC since 1992 based on winning percentage. Alabama's 2012 SEC schedule was tied with Georgia's 2012 SEC schedule as the 3rd easiest Divsion schedule.

* Last year, Alabama and Georgia played the first SEC Championship Game in which both participants avoided the top three teams from the opposite division. The opponents for Alabama and Georgia each had a combined .375 SEC winning percentage, tied for the third-easiest schedules ever by SEC division winners.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/sec_football_schedules_alabama.html

Alabama's 2012 SOS is inflated because of Georgia and Notre Dame's records. Alabama's 12 game regular season schedule was fairly easy. I'm not going to count their game against Western Carolina because they aren't an FBS opponent. The combined record of Alabama's 11 FBS opponents was 71-67.

Alabama doesn't have an easy schedule playing in the SEC but compared to other SEC teams their schedule was easier. Their path to the SEC Championship game has been easier.

AL.com created a list of the easiest Divsion Champion's schedules in the SEC since 1992 based on winning percentage. Alabama's 2012 SEC schedule was tied with Georgia's 2012 SEC schedule as the 3rd easiest Divsion schedule.

* Last year, Alabama and Georgia played the first SEC Championship Game in which both participants avoided the top three teams from the opposite division. The opponents for Alabama and Georgia each had a combined .375 SEC winning percentage, tied for the third-easiest schedules ever by SEC division winners.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/sec_football_schedules_alabama.html

Darn you and your facts.......Bahaha

Public nuisance at best. You have passed your bammer test with flying colors. Love all your stats and research. You would make a great tour guide at the Bryant Museum in the Saban wing.

Did Alabama have to beat UGA or did they not? Did Alabama have to beat undefeated ND or did they not?

I don't care about combined records of opponents honestly. You can play a bunch of 7-5 teams and have what looks to be a good schedule when compared to others. I care about teams you played who had a LEGIT shot of beating a top ranked team. Because a #1 contender should EASILY dispose of anyone outside of the top 10. And Alabama has, with consistency.

If you play a bunch of unranked 7-5 PAC12 teams, then a #19 or a #24, that means nothing to me. I notice you ignored my points about Okie St and Oregon...

Again, this is the SEC we are talking about. Your argument is that Alabama has had an easy path to their titles...while doing so in the SEC. All while arguing that an Oregon - who played ONE top 15 team all year, or Okie St who played 0, deserve to be there more than Bama. That makes no sense to me.

Did Alabama have to beat UGA or did they not? Did Alabama have to beat undefeated ND or did they not?

I don't care about combined records of opponents honestly. You can play a bunch of 7-5 teams and have what looks to be a good schedule when compared to others. I care about teams you played who had a LEGIT shot of beating a top ranked team. Because a #1 contender should EASILY dispose of anyone outside of the top 10. And Alabama has, with consistency.

If you play a bunch of unranked 7-5 PAC12 teams, then a #19 or a #24, that means nothing to me. I notice you ignored my points about Okie St and Oregon...

Again, this is the SEC we are talking about. Your argument is that Alabama has had an easy path to their titles...while doing so in the SEC. All while arguing that an Oregon - who played ONE top 15 team all year, or Okie St who played 0, deserve to be there more than Bama. That makes no sense to me.

More yada yada from a bammer with no other family. I wonder if he really thinks he will make any converts here with all his bama ramblings. Otherwise he just likes stirring the pot.

I've never said Alabama's schedule was that much easier than other conferences. I said that compared to other teams in the SEC, Alabama had an easier schedule.

LSU and Texas A&M could have won the NC last year if they had played Alabama's schedule.

Alabama's path to the SEC Championship game has been easier. Alabama's only played 1 SEC East team with a winning record the last 3 years(2011-2013)

2011 Florida 7-6

2011 Vandy 6-7

2011 Tennessee 5-7

2012 Missouri 5-7

2012 Tennessee 5-7

2013 Kentucky(2-10 in 2012)

2013 Tennessee(5-7 in 2012)

Question, What are the 5 best regular season wins in this run by Alabama?

@ #3 UGA blowout (UGA finished 10-3)

neutral #7 Va Tech 10 point win (Va Tech finished 10-3)

vs #9 LSU (LSU finished 9-4)

@ #10 Arky (they finished 10-3)

@ #10 LSU (they finished 11-2)

@ #7 UF (31-6) (they finished 8-5)

@ #14 Arky (31-14) (finished 11-2)

@ #24 Auburn (42-14) (finished 8-5)

@ #5 LSU (finished 10-3)

neutral #8 Michigan (41-14) (finished 8-5)

Of those, I'd take all 3 LSUs, the blowout of UGA, and the 31-14 over Arky.

You guys keep forgetting one HUGE point - Alabama can't play itself. So that takes away a major western opponent that other teams get to put on their schedule. It's not our fault UT has sucked recently. Nobody was saying a word back when they were winning 10 games nearly every year.

@ #3 UGA blowout (UGA finished 10-3)

neutral #7 Va Tech 10 point win (Va Tech finished 10-3)

vs #9 LSU (LSU finished 9-4)

@ #10 Arky (they finished 10-3)

@ #10 LSU (they finished 11-2)

@ #7 UF (31-6) (they finished 8-5)

@ #14 Arky (31-14) (finished 11-2)

@ #24 Auburn (42-14) (finished 8-5)

@ #5 LSU (finished 10-3)

neutral #8 Michigan (41-14) (finished 8-5)

Of those, I'd take all 3 LSUs, the blowout of UGA, and the 31-14 over Arky.

You guys keep forgetting one HUGE point - Alabama can't play itself. So that takes away a major western opponent that other teams get to put on their schedule. It's not our fault UT has sucked recently. Nobody was saying a word back when they were winning 10 games nearly every year.

I think Alabama lost to LSU in that game. Because LSU finished 11-2 in 2010.

Hey I'm a Bama fan. We've established that we claim stuff whether we actually won it or not. :)

Hey I'm a Bama fan. We've established that we claim stuff whether we actually won it or not. :)/>

And you actually think we care?

Hey I'm a Bama fan. We've established that we claim stuff whether we actually won it or not. :)/>

Sheesh, even when I'm being self depricating you're butthurt.

Sheesh, even when I'm being self depricating you're butthurt.

My mom used to call it "weaned on a dill pickle."

Archived