2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 4 (Mon, Aug 5)

RunInRed

WarEagleExtra@wareagleextra4m

First, Avery Young was back at right tackle and practicing with the first-string offensive line in place of Patrick Miller.

Ryan Wood@AUBlog45s

Freshman defensive tackle Montravius Adams moves pretty well on his 305-pound frame. Physically, he definitely looks like an SEC DT already.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryan Matthews

We were able to see the first 20 minutes of practice today, which included stretching. Here are some observations...

***The defense lined up in a double-star formation, sort of like a dime package. The 1st-team d-line was Kenneth Carter, Gabe Wright, Angelo Blackson and Dee Ford. The lone linebacker was Kris Frost. The two Stars were Justin Garrett and Robenson Therezie. The safeties were Jermaine Whitehead and Joshua Holsey. The corners were Chris Davis and Jonathon Mincy.

***When lining up in drills, the 1st-team OL was Greg Robinson, Alex Kozan, Reese Dismukes, Chad Slade and Avery Young again.

***Demetruce McNeal was at practice but not in shoulder pads and not participating while we were there. He did have his jersey and helmet on. Keymiya Harrell was not dressed out but working on the side with a trainer.

***We talk to both coordinators tonight so look for lots of news after practice.

jb-grimes-hollers-bennettjpg-0a582184f0845a0d.jpg

Auburn offensive line J.B. Grimes makes his point known early on in the Tigers' fourth practice of the spring.

(Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

Defense was working on Dime package

Auburn dime: Ford-Blackson-Wright-Carter Garrett-Frost-Therezie Davis-Holsey-Whitehead-Mincy

Auburn dime 2: Sanders-Niles-Bradley-Lawson Dyas-Holland-Alexander Davis-Fisher-Smith-Mincy

Jeff Whitaker was there, as was Montravius Adams, Cassanova McKinzy, just not in particular dime package drill

On punt returns it was the usual crew of Reed, Bray, Stevens, C Davis, M Davis

On kick returns it was Jones-Louis-Grant-Mason-J Ford-Therezie

J.B. Grimes lit into his O-Line today. Man doesn't like repeating himself.

Rodney Garner is also a fun coach to watch, listen if he's not yelling at you

I'm now told Demetruce McNeal eventually did put his helmet on for stretches, bottom line, he's still out of practice.

@JamesCrapea

Correct analysis?

If Wallace & Marshall are working with first-team RBs, it's likely going to come down to whether Marshall gets a full grasp of the offense.

@CollegeandMag

If the same happens tomorrow then maybe. I think KF and JJ will maybe get a little time in with the first team tomorrow but if they don't then that will be something to analyze with the scrimmage being held on Wednesday.

Correct analysis?

If Wallace & Marshall are working with first-team RBs, it's likely going to come down to whether Marshall gets a full grasp of the offense.

@CollegeandMag

Sounds about right. Until tomorrow when, just to mess with us, Tuberville and Johnson work with the ones.

If Wallace and Marshall are both working with 1st team running backs, and the backup usually goes out to hold kicks (Wallace) then that means...? Marshall?

If Wallace and Marshall are both working with 1st team running backs, and the backup usually goes out to hold kicks (Wallace) then that means...? Marshall?

Possibly. I think three practices is to short a period of time for the coaches to decide on NM.

Possibly. I think three practices is to short a period of time for the coaches to decide on NM.

I agree. But it definitely looks like they WANT him to be the starter. As long as he can learn the playbook, it looks like its his job to lose.

+1

That d line drill was pretty funny where they were basically doing stutter steps and head jukes. I want to one day see a d tackle break someones ankles on a fumble recovery or something.

Archived