2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 4 (Mon, Aug 5)

RunInRed

Correct analysis?

If Wallace & Marshall are working with first-team RBs, it's likely going to come down to whether Marshall gets a full grasp of the offense.

@CollegeandMag

I'm sorry, but if we don't have a QB on the roster that can beat out Wallace... then we should prepare ourselves for a long season. IMHO.

Got to disagree. I've seen some pretty good Auburn teams over the years with journeyman style QB's. Wallace was put in charge of a train-wreck offense, on a train-wreck team under a train-wreck coach as a true freshman. I think it's fair to wait and see if he prospers under different circumstances. IMHO

Agree. I think people are counting JW out way too fast. I don't think it is far fetched JW could be the back up Qb. But like other posters have stated I'm sure KF and JJ will most likely get some run with the first team on Tuesday. Still a bit too early.

I agree. I was astounded at all of the people counting him out when the spring ended. That kid was a true freshman last year.

+1 Plus he did end the season as our starter. I get neither Qb was that great but to be neck and neck with KF during spring and on many accounts reported a little ahead of him, says a lot to me. The kid isn't going away quietly and he's clearly willing to put in the work off the field as well as on the field.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City of Auburn | Wires to allow “rolling Toomer’s Corner” to be installed August 6 http://www.auburnalabama.org

Mr(?)83

Would my posting of the following to the “NIP” thread be appropriate? libertine? just stupid?

May I? Should you?

From post # 40 0f Thread 2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 4 (Mon, Aug 5), “City of Auburn | Wires to allow “rolling Toomer’s Corner” to be installed August 6 http://www.auburnalabama.org” [WarEagle1983]

And

http://www.auburnalabama.org/cams/Toomers/Default.aspx

971007_10151765533054894_1224135276_n.jpg

Rhett Lashlee chats with his many quarterbacks at Auburn's practice

(Todd Van Emst photo)

9117656.jpeg

Carl Lawson

(Todd Van Emst photo)

Defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson said Monday 5-star freshmen Carl Lawson and Elijah Daniel have the skills it takes to provide needed pass rushing help at defensive end. But are they ready?

“You can see their upper-body strength and that quick switch,” Johnson said. “A lot of young players don’t have that natural first step and that ability to explode out of the stance. Those guys do, and they are going to be good players. I don’t know if it’s going to be tomorrow or next week or next month or next year.

“I don’t want to put pressure on any freshman, but they’ve shown some impressive things so far. We’ll just have to see. They’ll be ready to go sooner rather than later, we hope. If they’re not ready, they’re not ready.”

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080613aab.html

City of Auburn | Wires to allow “rolling Toomer’s Corner” to be installed August 6 http://www.auburnalabama.org

Mr(?)83

Would my posting of the following to the “NIP” thread be appropriate? libertine? just stupid?

May I? Should you?

From post # 40 0f Thread 2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 4 (Mon, Aug 5), “City of Auburn | Wires to allow “rolling Toomer’s Corner” to be installed August 6 http://www.auburnalabama.org” [WarEagle1983]

And

http://www.auburnala...rs/Default.aspx

The news came in during practice. Found it quite interesting thought others would was well so just made everyone aware. I'm sure someone would start a thread about it but i didn't see it being that important to start a separate thread. Didn't think it was a big deal but you're welcome to do so.

Cool looking gloves Owens is wearing.

Not to derail the thread, but the skill position gloves with the tiger stripes are super spiffy. I actually work out in WR gloves and would love to be able to get my hands on a pair (pun definitely intended).

I can not for the life of me understand how any true AU fan at this point cannot believe CGM ond CRL. They have said over and over that they have not made any choice at QB, and that they are not close to yet. They have not said anything about any favorite. In fact up till today NM and JJ had only worked with the 3rd string offense. Gus said he wanted to see them with the 1s and 2s, so today he puts NM with the 1s and 2s and all you experts are convinced that CGM has made his choice. Not only that but you are convinved that JW will be regulated to holding kicks (by the way that is Ryan's job). I think maybe some folks need to take an update in English class or reading comprehension, and forget those physic classes for a while. I really wonder how many of those folks are going to whine and cry if NM doesn't get the gig. As an Auburn fan I want whoever Gus thinks is best. And no matterwho he chooses I am not going to do like some folks, and constantly try to belittle any of these pl;ayers who are out there working hard.

An expert on reading comprehension would have to ask what "physic" class is.... I do know that I don't have to be psychic to spell physics. ...or a physicist to spell psychic. .. :)

Bravo. Thanks for proving my point, that somefolk's only claim to fame, is to point at the mistakes of others. Personally, I would rather blaze new trails, even if I make a mistake now and then, than to base my life correcting others. WDE.

Lighten up a little chief, no one is out to say you're wrong. Maybe just the inflection that came across as an attack rather than insight.

I can not for the life of me understand how any true AU fan at this point cannot believe CGM ond CRL. They have said over and over that they have not made any choice at QB, and that they are not close to yet. They have not said anything about any favorite. In fact up till today NM and JJ had only worked with the 3rd string offense. Gus said he wanted to see them with the 1s and 2s, so today he puts NM with the 1s and 2s and all you experts are convinced that CGM has made his choice. Not only that but you are convinved that JW will be regulated to holding kicks (by the way that is Ryan's job). I think maybe some folks need to take an update in English class or reading comprehension, and forget those physic classes for a while. I really wonder how many of those folks are going to whine and cry if NM doesn't get the gig. As an Auburn fan I want whoever Gus thinks is best. And no matterwho he chooses I am not going to do like some folks, and constantly try to belittle any of these pl;ayers who are out there working hard.

An expert on reading comprehension would have to ask what "physic" class is.... I do know that I don't have to be psychic to spell physics. ...or a physicist to spell psychic. .. :)

Bravo. Thanks for proving my point, that somefolk's only claim to fame, is to point at the mistakes of others. Personally, I would rather blaze new trails, even if I make a mistake now and then, than to base my life correcting others. WDE.

Lighten up a little chief, no one is out to say you're wrong. Maybe just the inflection that came across as an attack rather than insight.

Are we done here? I thought so.

We could all stand to dial it back a notch or so...

Seriously, don't be hijacking this AMAZING thread with nonsense ;)

Give them a fruit picture....that seems release some natural melatonin into the viewers systems.

Serious note... I can't tell what that drink is since I'm on my phone. If anyone can make it out and let me know I would appreciate it. It looks almost like the individual "wheybolic extreme 60" drinks from GNC?

Correct analysis?

If Wallace & Marshall are working with first-team RBs, it's likely going to come down to whether Marshall gets a full grasp of the offense.

@CollegeandMag

I'm sorry, but if we don't have a QB on the roster that can beat out Wallace... then we should prepare ourselves for a long season. IMHO.

Got to disagree. I've seen some pretty good Auburn teams over the years with journeyman style QB's. Wallace was put in charge of a train-wreck offense, on a train-wreck team under a train-wreck coach as a true freshman. I think it's fair to wait and see if he prospers under different circumstances. IMHO

Agreed. If it isn't NM, I hope it's JW.

Correct analysis?

@CollegeandMag

Agreed. If it isn't NM, I hope it's JW.

+2

Serious note... I can't tell what that drink is since I'm on my phone. If anyone can make it out and let me know I would appreciate it. It looks almost like the individual "wheybolic extreme 60" drinks from GNC?

I can't make out what it says on the bottles but on the side of the box it says;

"cheribundi"

"12 oz. cherry people"

I can't make out what it says on the bottles but on the side of the box it says;

"cheribundi"

"12 oz. cherry people"

Gonna go out on a limb and guess it's "The Cherry People" - 12oz Cherry People means they make oompa loompas look like Dee Ford.

Archived