Marc Gullion meet the Predator

MrMoJo

I understand from my secret inside informants at the Paper Mill Town that Bama will be closing the rest of the practices this week. They are intensely working Gullion on the David Greene Take a Dive Before I Get Killed Play. They are carefully measuring the amount of padding that will be needed to protect Gullion's valuable rump. Trainers are very concerned that his gluetus maximus will not be stable enough to absorb the shock of the continous dives that will occur.

2004 Auburn-Alabama Theme --- Beg for Mercy

I dare say Pennington will make it thru the whole game, if he starts. He's already hurt, and when one of those big ole mean AU DE's pounce on him, he'll probably just decide not to get up. Guillon is the same way. He evidently is having back problems. And being the target of Eddens, Langenfield or McGlover is not the place to be. We may see Prothro at QB by the 3rd quarter. And he is a force to be dealt with. He's already had 3 snaps at the QB position this year.

If I was Shula(Praise be to Allah, that I am not) Pennington and Guillon would not step on the field. I would go with Prothro the whole time. He is the type of QB that could give us trouble. Our defense is fast enough to run itself out of plays and I think Prothro is the best shot at capitalizing on that. Just my .02.

You guys act like we dont have an offensive line.

122998[/snapback]

All joking aside, no flame intended, but since you brought up the offensive line: What's the status of Britt's ankle? Did he get through the LSU game intact and will he be 100% Saturday? I haven't heard an update.

He's not your only lineman, but I do believe he is the heart and soul of your OL.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You guys acted like we didn't have a football team for years. Payback is a b....

Can I say that on this board?

Let's just say payback isn't always nice.

Georgia hadn't thrown any interceptions in over 200 attempts before he played Auburn, and he hadn't been sacked but about 12 times all year until he played auburn....our D actually had to respect the pass against him since he is a good QB meaning we couldn't blitz too much and they have very good receivers...against bama we will certainly be throwing maximum chaos at the line of scrimmage to jam the running game and scare the hell out of a newbie QB who will probably be limping around after the first quarter...I won't be surprised if there are several threads on the bama boards next week complaing about junior and travis williams hitting your players too hard...

OTOH I do believe Bamas defense will be better than Georgia's so it will be tough going before those guys get worn down. After playing the Georgia offense, there is nothing remotely dangerous about Bama's offense(even the Prothro option offense is not as dangerous as a Shockey at UGA or Schiller at Tennessee)...there is no way Bama scores more than 10 points unless the defense does some scoring(which is certainly possible)

David Greene had only been sacked once, the whole year.

That means the Predator can expect a 13:1 ratio increase in sacks. My analog would then show a sack every play including the opening toss.

2004 Auburn-Alabama Theme---Beg for Mercy!

The only reason they are 3rd in the SEC for sacks allowed is because they only throw about 10 times a game....Which is even sadder if you really think about that..HE holds the ball too long

Britt will play.

BTW, Alabama is 3rd in the SEC in sacks allowed by only allowing 13.

123051[/snapback]

:cheer::cheer:

georgia was third last week and now they are 5th. look forward to a little downward slide.

David Greene had only been sacked once, the whole year.

That means the Predator can expect a 13:1 ratio increase in sacks.  My analog would then show a sack every play including the opening toss.

2004 Auburn-Alabama Theme---Beg for Mercy!

123057[/snapback]

I think you mean he'd only been intercepted once prior to the AU game.

Britt will play.

123051[/snapback]

wonder why bo? why dont you scroll back to passing offense where you'll find the tahd dead last with 123 yds/game. :no:

Britt will play.

123051[/snapback]

wonder why bo? why dont you scroll back to passing offense where you'll find the tahd dead last with 123 yds/game. :no:

"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

- Sir Isaac Newton

just ask reggie brown.

Britt will play.

123051[/snapback]

- Sir Isaac Newton

just ask reggie brown.

123068[/snapback]

I feel like that has a lot to do with the # of sacks allowed, we don't try and pass as much as everyone else, but, our pass protection is not that bad either. I'm not saying your guys won't have a good day in the sack department, yall do lead the league in sacks, but I don't think it will be that easy either.

Britt will play.

123051[/snapback]

- Sir Isaac Newton

just ask reggie brown.

123068[/snapback]

I feel like that has a lot to do with the # of sacks allowed, we don't try and pass as much as everyone else, but, our pass protection is not that bad either. I'm not saying your guys won't have a good day in the sack department, yall do lead the league in sacks, but I don't think it will be that easy either.

123070[/snapback]

i really dont think we will have that many sacks this weekend, maybe two at the most. not because i think your o-line is great but because you will probably only throw the ball 12-15 times at the most. i think we will just put 8 in the box and dare whoever they put back there to throw at our secondary. the best option for bama might be to put in the notre dame box this week and just take the pass totally out of the offense.

I can imagine that bammer is going to try to throw it a little more this weekend. Or run plenty of screens to try and offset our rush. We got to Greene when everyone said we couldn't. We neutralized their WRs when everyone said we couldn't. We somewhat shut down their running game, again when everyone said we couldn't. Darby is good, but he's been punished for 3 or 4 games straight. He cannot continue to get 35 touches every game and it not have some adverse effect on him.

I just cannot imagine Alabama having any success throwing the ball against Auburn. Carlos Rogers is the best CB in the country and Pitts can handle himself well enough. UAT has a very good line, so I don't expect many sacks. However, if Darby is the only option on offense, he is going to be worn down in the second half. They might have a little success throwing a few screen passes, but Chizik will shut that down before long. It will be a miracle if Alabama scores more than 10 points.

Still, I don't see this being an easy Auburn win. It is a road game in the SEC and those are never simple. If the weather turns bad and the game turns into a mud-filled slugfest, the Alabama defense could keep it close. Eventually either Cadillac or Ronnie Brown are going to break loose though. I'd be thrilled with a big margin of victory, but I'd be more than happy to leave T-town with a 17-7 win like last time.

Just win, baby, one game at a time.

Archived