Voter ID Issue

Weegle777

It might happen if someone has the money and time to travel and is sooooo motivated to think their one vote will be decisive-- voter ID might not change that much, though.

So the burden is to prove rampant fraud before a logical policy can be enacted? There's NOTHING else in the world that allows for people to just assume you are who you say you are. Why the special exemption for this?

Before you say it's racist or it disproportionately affects poor people, are you willing to say that forcing an ID for medical care or food stamps is racist? If not, why are they different?

Still with the racist obsession. Who has claimed it is racist? It will affect poor whites as equally as poor blacks.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might happen if someone has the money and time to travel and is sooooo motivated to think their one vote will be decisive-- voter ID might not change that much, though.

So the burden is to prove rampant fraud before a logical policy can be enacted? There's NOTHING else in the world that allows for people to just assume you are who you say you are. Why the special exemption for this?

Before you say it's racist or it disproportionately affects poor people, are you willing to say that forcing an ID for medical care or food stamps is racist? If not, why are they different?

Nobody has demonstrated the status quo is illogical. The burden logically rests on those seeking change.

ID isn't necessary for emergency care, but the right to vote is more fundamental to the preservation of a free people. It is essential to representative government.

Look at the actual agenda of politicians pushing this. It has next to nothing to do with fraud. Look at NC-- a state issued college ID is no longer acceptable as proof. Why not? Because college students more frequently vote Democratic.

But a concealed carry permit is. :lol:

2. It will depress voter participation of poorer people. (Just like the laws restricting early voting and Sunday voting.)

Will requiring ID for government benefits in the future depress the number poor people utilizing it? I just have a really hard time understanding how a government ID card will hinder voter turnout of the poor. (Unless they're forced to pay for it like a drivers license-now if THAT'S the case, scrap the idea.)

Still haven't seen any evidence of widespread fraud. Another imaginary problem for the deluded to get all worked up over.

Awesome! So then you are okay with IDs being asked for to be able to vote. Glad that one of you guys is on board.

2. It will depress voter participation of poorer people. (Just like the laws restricting early voting and Sunday voting.)

Next Question.

Does requiring an ID for obtaining food stamps or prescription drugs depress participation in those programs by the poor?

College IDs aren't state issued, they're issued by the university, and much easier faked than an actual state issued ID. And I dare you to find a college kid who doesn't have ID. Especially at Chapel Hill. Dumb arguement is dumb.

1. There is little indication that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Next Question.

How would it depress voter participation of poor people??? You wouldn't be asked for blood, for goodness sakes, just for an ID that everybody should have anyway. Please explain this.

1. There is little indication that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Next Question.

How would it depress voter participation of poor people??? You wouldn't be asked for blood, for goodness sakes, just for an ID that everybody should have anyway. Please explain this.

He knows they have ID. It's intellectually dishonest to assert otherwise. They'll find ONE case of some 100 year old person who never got a driver's license. But ignore the fact that stuff like this http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/state_to_provide_free_ids_unde.html exists.

"It'll hurt poor people"

"Um IDs are free"

"But the poor people, think of the poor people"

Yep. Honesty knows no economic class. Obviously if someone doesn't want to show an ID, they are hiding something. Honest people have nothing to hide.

Yep. Honesty knows no economic class. Obviously if someone doesn't want to show an ID, they are hiding something. Honest people have nothing to hide.

This.

And notice nobody has answered my question of why it's OK to require ID to get government aid, but not to vote in a government election.

I really like it when I back off sometimes and let you guys do that "reverb" thing. It's funny to watch.

Still never answered the question.

I really like it when I back off sometimes and let you guys do that "reverb" thing. It's funny to watch.

It's still reverberaten.

I've asked a simple question. Why do you refuse to answer it?

It's still reverberaten.

I've asked a simple question. Why do you refuse to answer it?

Maybe he's impersonating you. ;)

It's funny to us how, in your weird little mind, you think that you own this forum, and think that every thread is created just for you.

It's funny to us how, in your weird little mind, you think that you own this forum, and think that every thread is created just for you.

He would have made a great heel in the 1980's WWF.

Next Question.

But not everybody does. Everybody doesn't have a car or need a drivers license. Everybody doesn't have a college ID (whoops, forget that example, they are no good anyway)

You all seem to be overlooking the fact that to vote, you first have to register first and be on the voting list in your polling place. I don't see a problem here that needs to be addressed.

Really? That's bizarre!

Anyway, I am glad I elicited a laugh, as that was my intent. :-\

Next Question.

But not everybody does. Everybody doesn't have a car or need a drivers license. Everybody doesn't have a college ID (whoops, forget that example, they are no good anyway)

You all seem to be overlooking the fact that to vote, you first have to register first and be on the voting list in your polling place. I don't see a problem here that needs to be addressed.

Everbody aint just like me? Well, they should be or they should just go somewheres else. This is America, Jack. Everybody needs to get on board with the program or go the heck somewheres else. I hate them people that don't think like me or look like me. They aint American. You either love my flag and the government for which it stands or get out. Hommer, don't get me wrong and don't be putting words in my mouth, its ok for us to be individuals so long as we are doin it the same way.

Next Question.

So you agree, requiring people to show ID for government services hurts the poor...

Next Question.

Everbody aint just like me? Well, they should be or they should just go somewheres else. This is America, Jack. Everybody needs to get on board with the program or go the heck somewheres else. I hate them people that don't think like me or look like me. They aint American. You either love my flag and the government for which it stands or get out. Hommer, don't get me wrong and don't be putting words in my mouth, its ok for us to be individuals so long as we are doin it the same way.

Nice to have you back, ICHY. I missed your input. :-)

Next Question.

So you agree, requiring people to show ID for government services hurts the poor...

Not if they are receiving services as a consequence and the ID is supplied to them when they apply.

But this discussion is about the right to vote, not applying for a government service.

But this discussion is about the right to vote, not applying for a government service.

But the same theory applies does it not?

- Poor people vote

- Poor people get food stamps

Making poor people have an ID to get food stamps doesn't hurt them. Making them have the same ID to vote does. That makes no sense.

And WHY ON EARTH would you have any reason NOT to show identification? The ONLY reason I could see you not wanting to show ID is if you were up to no good. Aren't we to assume all these people who are getting food stamps are the same people you're trying to protect from having to show their ID?

But the same theory applies does it not?

- Poor people vote

- Poor people get food stamps

Making poor people have an ID to get food stamps doesn't hurt them. Making them have the same ID to vote does. That makes no sense.

And WHY ON EARTH would you have any reason NOT to show identification? The ONLY reason I could see you not wanting to show ID is if you were up to no good. Aren't we to assume all these people who are getting food stamps are the same people you're trying to protect from having to show their ID?

Food stamps are not comparable to a citizen's right to vote. One is a benefit of citizenship, one is a right of citizenship.

Archived