Spurrier to South Carolina

AU4Ever

Just heard on the Mike & Mike Show on ESPN News that Spurrier has 'agreed in principal' to coach at South Carolina. I looked on the ESPN website, and they have nothing official. M&M said they would keep everyone informed when they had more to report.

I heard from a friend (who gives a LOT) of money to Gamecock athletics that Spurrier has already signed the deal. Look for this story to break out right after this weekend's So. Carolina/Clemson game.

And for all of the doubters, yes, I understand that the membership at Augusta NAtional was thrown in as well.

As always this could fall through, but it looks like I'm going to have to breathe the same air as Spurrier. Yuck.

I teach at the largest high school in South Carolina and the Buzz this week is that Spurrier WILL be at USC next year. Some folks "in the know" say it is a done deal and Holtz will announce his retirement next week.

It is true. Holtz will retire after the bowl game. He will announce after the Clemson game. It is amazing what a membership to Augsta National and a chance to beat the crap out of the AD who spurned you will do.

Foley at UF was going ot make CSP interview for the job thesame as other candidates.

just our luck, we play USC next year,too.....it will take him a couple of years to develope a QB to run the show(i hope)

123371[/snapback]

Hope that sentiment is correct - just recalling that he beat us 48-7 his first year at Florida. Don't think by any stretch he could do that now.

SWEET!!!

Spurrier will make the SEC look as formidable as ever!! Plus, the Fla. USC game will be HUGE from year's to come!! Welcome Spurrier. Can't wait to whup dat azz next year at lowly SC!!!!

Just heard on the Mike & Mike Show on ESPN News that Spurrier has 'agreed in principal' to coach at South Carolina.  I looked on the ESPN website, and they have nothing official.  M&M said they would keep everyone informed when they had more to report.

123266[/snapback]

It is a done deal. The son of one of my buddies from work is best friends with 2 players from USC.

The twins called this morning @ about 9:30 and told my buddies son that Lou just told them during a team meeting.

Lou was out and SOS is in.

Done deal.

Wow!  I can only imagine how nervous SLink is right about now...

123492[/snapback]

Honestly, I am not anymore nervous about next year with Spurrier. Last 6 years saw him win 1 SEC Title because of a lack of any good DC. If he hires another patsy and with the team not being 1/2th what UF was during his last few years (I dont buy into the theory he left the cupboard bare crap)......I doubt he has nearly the success people think.

South Carolina is far from Florida and I think he will soon realize that. There are no passing QB's on that team right now so I think he is going to do his best with a freshman next year if not a transitional QB from Holtz era.

Add in that the speed and coaching has vastly improved, IMO, and I think Spurrier has success but not nearly at the rate he had at UF.

Archived