Spurrier to South Carolina

AU4Ever

Honestly, I am not anymore nervous about next year with Spurrier. Last 6 years saw him win 1 SEC Title because of a lack of any good DC. If he hires another patsy and with the team not being 1/2th what UF was during his last few years (I dont buy into the theory he left the cupboard bare crap)......I doubt he has nearly the success people think

Look for Brother Bill Oliver to join him once an announcement is made. Oliver wants to coach and him and Steve are great friends.

Welcome back Coach!

I missed the guy. I like it better now that we dont have to play him every year too.

Foley and Machen are toast at UF!

Wow!  I can only imagine how nervous SLink is right about now...

123492[/snapback]

Honestly, I am not anymore nervous about next year with Spurrier. Last 6 years saw him win 1 SEC Title because of a lack of any good DC. If he hires another patsy and with the team not being 1/2th what UF was during his last few years (I dont buy into the theory he left the cupboard bare crap)......I doubt he has nearly the success people think.

South Carolina is far from Florida and I think he will soon realize that. There are no passing QB's on that team right now so I think he is going to do his best with a freshman next year if not a transitional QB from Holtz era.

Add in that the speed and coaching has vastly improved, IMO, and I think Spurrier has success but not nearly at the rate he had at UF.

123545[/snapback]

Taking that a bit further, I wonder how he will do with all of the recruiting competition in such close proximity. He has Clemson, NC, NC State, GTech, UVA, and VTech as OOC schools to compete with. He has UGA, and UT to compete with inside the SEC. He may get major athletes on name alone, but I cannot envision the same recruiting success he had at UF.

Archived