Thoughts about Auburn from another confernece

CarolinaTiger

Ha! I'd hate to be an ACC football fan because you can't even talk about the best football teams in the nation without bringing basketball into the discussion. :bonk:

Come on people, MLB ends in August and college basketball doesn't start until mid January! Everything in between is FOOTBALL. :)

This guy brings up some interesting points though...

Objectively speaking, USC is getting a free pass here, in large part due to last year. OU gets blasted for playing two close road games to ranked opponents, including a win in arguably the toughest road environment in the country against a team that pulled out all the stops and tricks. USC gets a free pass and a fog excuse for sneaking by .500 Oregon State. USC gets a free pass for struggling mightily to Stanford. People forget how USC would have lost to an average VT team if not for the lack of a pass interference call.

But you also have to ask why USC is not getting hurt in the computer polls for having several close games against weaker opponents...

I still think there's some shady stuff going on in that coaches poll.

I thought we got props from most of em' and they sounded a little more knowledgeable than most I've seen. If you want to see some folks spout off about crap they know nothing about, go to Soonerfan.com. Amazing.

i agree that, by & large, they were giving auburn & the SEC more love than hate.

the one guy (LK) complaining about how the SEC doesn't play strong OOC games has a point, but once again, our in-conference schedule is tough enough, IMO.

ct

never give up hope that truth will reach the voters. people, in general, don't like decisions to be taken out of their hands. so, voters may swing for us heavily to avoid a computer-based upset like last year. win our games, and this stuff works itself out.

guys I hate to say it but I think the only way we get a shot at the NC is if Notre Dame beats USC.. otherwise, we're just going to have to settle for Sugar.

123548[/snapback]

I hate to say it, cause Lord knows I hate awbarn, but from what I have seen, awbarn should be #1 NOW, and USuCk & Oklahomo should be having this discussion. B)

Maybe, just maybe, the press will realize if all 3 go undefeated, that AU and OK each have 1 more win than SC............................MAYBE.....................and MAYBE, nationally the fans will notice and cause a large enough stir, that clearer heads will prevail. :rolleyes:

Hell, who am I kidding. Someones gonna get screwed. :o:puke:

I can't say a thing on Soonerfans without getting flamed with hateful downtalk.

123621[/snapback]

The sooners are whistling past the graveyard, I believe they know deep inside, they didn't belong last year, and feel justice will be served this year. This of course is no more fair than what happened last year, but until there are playoffs, it will probably suck every year.

Archived