Will we be prepared?

PowerI

I know this is the Iron Bowl, but I can't help but remembering what happened three years ago when we were supposed to beat alabama. We were unprepared. Even though we are in a great position, we can't let this game spoil our season. I know this has been a great year, but we always find some way to choke.

The thing that scared me three years ago was CTT's attitude during Iron Bowl week. He was acting as if it was in the bag and playing the game was a mere formality. It certainly seemed to carry over to the players. I recall a guy after the game literally pulling his hair out and saying, "He just doesn't get it. He just doesn't understand what this game is all about."

I don't believe that'll be a problem at all this year. The interviews I've seen this week had Tubby looking very solemn and focused. I don't think the seniors will allow anything other than being ready to kick a$$.

I saw an interview with Courtney Taylor last night and he said that he has been telling everyone they have to stay focused and win so he could go home cause he is from Carrollton, AL. Said that this game is the Championship game and everyone knows the importance of this game.

HAHAHA JETA....nice

PowerI...please, have some confidence at least for the last game of the season! My god buddy, you dont ever have any confidence in our program. You gotta get that out man, these same "theme" posts you seem to post are really discouraging.

#1 SEC West Camps-Done

#2 STATE CHAMPS- Next ! ! !

#3 SEC Champs - Dec. 2nd

After that, we will see. :)

This T E A M has been successful BECAUSE they have not looked past anyone.

uat will give us their best shot. WE WILL BE READY! This special TEAM will not take this one lightly. Will we win? THAT is why they play the game.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

This team has been focused all season.

The players have worked hard all season.

The coaches have done a great job all season.

There is no reason in the world to think they would come out and lay an egg this Saturday.

Many (Alabama TV & radio media and Bama fans) have pointed out that this could be the week for Auburn to have a let down. Wishful thinking on their part. Look for Auburn to come out looking to kick butt and take names later.

WAR EAGLE ! ! !

BEAT BAMA ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! !

:au: had their let down the first half of the Ole Miss game, they snapped out of that pretty fast and I think learned alot from it. I think we are going to be prepared we will just be playing a very motivated :ua: team and fans. It may be close the first quarter like the UGA game, but I think we will pop it open in the 2nd quarter with a couple of scores.

The national anthem at Jordan-Hare West is going to be replaced by a rendention of Amazing Grace sung by the Bammer faithful. It will be their attempt to spiritually BEG FOR MERCY to Coach Tubberville. I don't think it's gonna work.

Nice one JetaTek!

I'm a little nervous about the game too only because Auburn has everything to lose. Auburn has shown up (and then some) for every single game this year. Why would this one, the most important one, be any different?

I'm probably the most pessimistic person on this board. I've been trying to talk myself into the fact all week that Alabama is going to beat us. I haven't been able to convince myself of that and now of course, I'm worried that I'm not worried. To hell with it.................

WAR EAGLE!!!

ONE AT A TIME BABY!!!

I'm probably the most pessimistic person on this board. I've been trying to talk myself into the fact all week that Alabama is going to beat us. I haven't been able to convince myself of that and now of course, I'm worried that I'm not worried.  To hell with it.................

WAR EAGLE!!!

ONE AT A TIME BABY!!!

123488[/snapback]

I can vouch for the fact that my friend jaydubb121 is a VERY pessimistic person.

(Typical Cubs Fan....Waiting for the inevitable.)

It is not a crime to be GOOD. This T E A M has convinced me, as if that is a major concern for them, that they are just THAT good. I am not gonna' ruin my record and make a prediction. I will state clearly that I would not be afraid for this TEAM to go ANYWHERE and play ANYONE.

WAR EAGLE.....O N E at a time. :au:

We will certainly be ready. After the special changes to the scout team, we can't miss. We've had them tie their shoes together; tape over one eye and wrap splints around their legs.

We're ready. *grin*

I believe we could beat either the Trojans or the Sooners. Easier for us against USC.

So why do I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach facing uat?

It isn't fear, it's excitement. It's the same adrenaline rush for both.

I'll settle down about midway through the 1st quarter, when we're up by 10/14-0.

Imagine what the players are feeling. They don't have to get pumped--they have to focus on staying loose and cool.

My two cents on the Iron Bowl. (For what it matters) I go back and forth on my prediction. At first I think it will be close and then I think it will be like the Ga. game. The more I think I believe it will be like the Ga game. I just do not see how UA can stop all of our offense at once. Think about it. We have a good OL, a good core of WRs, two of the best RBs in the nation and one of the most proficient QBs in the nation. That is just our offense. We would have to have all of our weapons not to show up. Our Defense has allowed only one rushing TD. We are only giving up 9.3 points a game. IF we play our game I just do not see it. They are not a prolific offense, but they do have a good defense. They will have to play perfect and our wheels will have to come off for them to win. This is not the Tide of the past and we have got to remember that although they me be the luckiest team of all time, the players have to much invested thus far not to show up. AU 24-6.

i'm hella nervous every week. being unbeaten going to ttown, i've been more than a little constipated this week.

that said, i know guys on this team, and i trust this senior class more than any group that i've ever seen in auburn uniforms (which includes the 93 tigers). we're going to show up. does that mean that something freaky couldn't possibly happen? nope. i just know bama's going to have to earn it. hopefully, i'll be able to poop, and we'll get a resounding win. it would all happen in a perfect world, but i'll settle for some laxitive and a 1 point win if i have to.

AU 27

UAT 10

Bamar scores on some kind of fluke...just because.... :au:

It seems like some of you are convinced that we are going to win. Yeah, we should win and I think we have the better team, but things have happened. I can't forget the game three years ago.

There seems to be an epidemic of Iron Bowl jitters. Numerous cases are being reported in Auburn, Tuscaloosa and across the state. There is no preventive or innoculation. It comes on about this time every year and only the foolish seem immune to it. Fortunately all cases will disappear this Saturday but with very definite side effects. Some will be estatic and know the feeling of pure joy. Others will be sorely despondent, whining about their misfortunes, and blaming everyone they can think of. The good ,and worst, part of these side effects is they can last up to a year. Whoooopeeeeee baby and War Eagle. :au::au:

Archived