Finding a "Go-To" Receiver

RunInRed

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most likely to emerge as AU's top WR?

• Quan Bray, JR (No. 4)
    • Sammie Coates, SO (No. 18)
    • Marcus Davis, FR (No. 80)
    • Jaylon Denson, JR (No. 89)
    • Ricardo Louis, SO (No. 5)
    • Trovon Reed, JR (No. 1)
    • Other

From what I saw on the replay, Coates and Louis had the most targets. Bray and Uzomah had three (one of CJ's was a tough call because the ball sailed 10 yards over the head of every receiver but my best guess is that the ball was meant for CJ). Denson had two. It was pretty well-spread.

From what I saw on the replay, Coates and Louis had the most targets. Bray and Uzomah had three (one of CJ's was a tough call because the ball sailed 10 yards over the head of every receiver but my best guess is that the ball was meant for CJ). Denson had two. It was pretty well-spread.

The way Gus got in Louis' grill this past Saturday leads me to think that Gus expects a lot more form him

I voted Coates, but I think a #2 will be Louis. They had the most targets, which means they were the most open, had the most separation, or just plain beat their coverage.

The idea of Louis and Coates stepping up would be exciting. Both over 6'1" and over 205 lbs sophomores. Coates has such a knack for getting open deep, I think when him and Marshall are in sync they'll be deadly. Louis always seems to find a way to get open.

Also to mention something my dad said, he believes a lot of the incompletions the receiver being thrown to didn't appear to think the ball was going to be thrown to them. They need to run every route as if they're gonna get the ball.

I am really hoping for Louis to step up.. that #5 jersey is just rotting in my closet

:poke: You have a Jake Holland jersey? :comfort:

Clearly a Sam Rives jersey

Or Brandon Jacobs!

Archived