25 yrs of being a fan of Auburn Football

IndianTiger

Well I just remembered, tomorrow marks my 25 yrs of being an Auburn Football fan (well not exactly). I landed in Auburn Sep 7 in 1988, not knowing what Football was and within a month was hooked.

Thanks Auburn for the great memories, especially the National Championship in Glendale...and looking forward to many more.

War Eagle..

Thanks Penguin149...

There must be some who have been fans for 50 or 75 yrs. So, I still have ways to go :-)

Try longer

1857, golf?

Thanks Penguin149...

There must be some who have been fans for 50 or 75 yrs. So, I still have ways to go :-)

I started in 1948. AU and Bama played for the first time since 1907. Most think there was a big fight back then but that was not the case. it was over per diem (traveling expenses). Hard to believe but true!!

I was born an AU tiger in 1965. My father graduated from Auburn, (API) in 1950, my mom in 1952. My sister graduated in 1985 and I graduated in 1989. My earliest memory of AU football was listening to "Punt Bama Punt" in '72.

When I was a kid, we had an old 1972 Chevy station wagon, (with real imitation wood paneling down the side!) and my dad used to put a mattress in the back so I could sleep during the drive from Huntsville to Auburn for a game. MAN! Those are some of my favorite memories ever!

WDE!!

Well I just remembered, tomorrow marks my 25 yrs of being an Auburn Football fan (well not exactly). I landed in Auburn Sep 7 in 1988, not knowing what Football was and within a month was hooked.

Thanks Auburn for the great memories, especially the National Championship in Glendale...and looking forward to many more.

War Eagle..

sh**, I started at AU 30 years ago this month, somehow I got old without anyone telling me :(

I was born in 1951 but never knew anything about Auburn until summer of 69. I was a military brat (Navy) had graduated from Mission Bay, HS in San Diego and was scheduled to go to Penn State. A friend a year older than me whose dad was also in the military (Marines) but originally from Alabama sent me a letter and told me what a great place Auburn was. On the basis of that letter I changed schools and went to Auburn. By the way only saw the old friend a couple of times after arriving at Auburn.

Best decision I ever made. So I became an Auburn fan in 1969.

My first Auburn game was the 1948 Iron Bowl and I was too young to remember much more than that it was cold, my birthday, and the Tigers didn't do so well. But I've been an off-and-on fan ever since then and especially since the 2004 undefeated team.

My dad graduated from Auburn and was able to brag that he had seen more Auburn games than he had missed and that included every game since 1892! He died in 1995, so that's no longer true.

First stationed at Maxwell AFB in 1988. Fell in love with Auburn in 1989! Now my Wife, my oldest Daughter and me are all Auburn grads! Then I got commissioned in the USAF in Apr of 2000 (Thanks to God and AU) then received my Masters at Auburn in 2008!

I started in 1948. AU and Bama played for the first time since 1907. Most think there was a big fight back then but that was not the case. it was over per diem (traveling expenses). Hard to believe but true!!

You sir, are to be commended. :bow: That's a lot of football.

You're much like my father. His first game (at ASU) was in 1946, while he was still on active duty in the Army. He graduated in 1950, and has only missed 6 home games since then (he's made all the homecoming games). I'm fortunate that he's still adding games to his record.

You're much like my father. His first game (at ASU) was in 1946, while he was still on active duty in the Army. He graduated in 1950, and has only missed 6 home games since then (he's made all the homecoming games). I'm fortunate that he's still adding games to his record.

I have told this story on here before but I will tell it again. It was the day of the Iron Bowl in 1948, it was not known by that back then, just as the Auburn/Alabama game. We got beat 55-0. However, as families did back then, mine went out for dinner and a movie. Some on here if you lived in B'ham, you may remember Britlings Cafeteria, sort of a forerunner of Picadillys now. During the whole meal all I heard was "WAR EAGLE" in the retaurant. Afterwards we walked a few blocks to the Alabama Thearter but along the way all I heard was, WAR EAGLE!! I can't remember the movie we saw but nobody would have heard the dialogue because all we heard was WAR EAGLE !! I thought to myself, if they can get beat 55-0 and carry on like that, I want to be there when they win one !! Well my first year was 1957 and everybody knows what happened that year. There is not any institution like Aubrun. I am glad to see that the spirit continues to this day. I am 74 and I still feel the spirit. All that said let's beat the hell out of Arky State. WDE!!!!!!!

I have told this story on here before but I will tell it again. It was the day of the Iron Bowl in 1948, it was not known by that back then, just as the Auburn/Alabama game. We got beat 55-0. However, as families did back then, mine went out for dinner and a movie. Some on here if you lived in B'ham, you may remember Britlings Cafeteria, sort of a forerunner of Picadillys now. During the whole meal all I heard was "WAR EAGLE" in the retaurant. Afterwards we walked a few blocks to the Alabama Thearter but along the way all I heard was, WAR EAGLE!! I can't remember the movie we saw but nobody would have heard the dialogue because all we heard was WAR EAGLE !! I thought to myself, if they can get beat 55-0 and carry on like that, I want to be there when they win one !! Well my first year was 1957 and everybody knows what happened that year. There is not any institution like Aubrun. I am glad to see that the spirit continues to this day. I am 74 and I still feel the spirit. All that said let's beat the hell out of Arky State. WDE!!!!!!!

Been there a few time Slammer.......there also was a fancy hotel downtown over 5 story's high spend many a Auburn/bammer game there for the weekend. Can't remember the name of it but the bear would be at the bar drinking bourbon like water

I started at Auburn in the fall of '77, but my first memory was of my little sister and I bouncing around and waving shakers to a 45 of the Auburn fight song on the stereo. So, that's probably close to 50 years of being a fan! Both my parents were at Auburn from '48 to '52. My mother was the lovely, beautiful Janice Williams, Miss Auburn of 1951, I think. It may have been 1950...I was born into this special family, and I love it!

Been there a few time Slammer.......there also was a fancy hotel downtown over 5 story's high spend many a Auburn/bammer game there for the weekend. Can't remember the name of it but the bear would be at the bar drinking bourbon like water

Was it the old original Tutwiler? That used to be game HQ in Bham. The 1st game I remember well was AU v Tennessee game in Birmingham in '66. My oldest brother was a freshman at Auburn; the first member of the family to attend college. The game was a pretty big disappointment....the worst part was I can remember being on one of the stadium buses returning to the hotel. There was a group of drunk UT fans; the men all wearing pukey orange colored coats (remember back when everyone dressed up for games?). One of them had a long blue horn (like a vuvuzela). I was setting by him and he kept blowing the horn in my ear and him and his buddies were giving Auburn hell. they kept yelling "Little boy blue blow your horn"...and he would blow that horn right in front of me. I hated Tennessee more than Alabama for years back then I think. There wasn't much money back in those days; so we would only get to see about one game a year in person...most of the rest I remember listening to Gary Sanders (after '66 I think he came in)...I still love to listen to football on the radio. Since we've been back in the US, I've had to listen to several Auburn games on satellite radio since a lot haven't been on TV out here.

Was it the old original Tutwiler? That used to be game HQ in Bham. The 1st game I remember well was AU v Tennessee game in Birmingham in '66. My oldest brother was a freshman at Auburn; the first member of the family to attend college. The game was a pretty big disappointment....the worst part was I can remember being on one of the stadium buses returning to the hotel. There was a group of drunk UT fans; the men all wearing pukey orange colored coats (remember back when everyone dressed up for games?). One of them had a long blue horn (like a vuvuzela). I was setting by him and he kept blowing the horn in my ear and him and his buddies were giving Auburn hell. they kept yelling "Little boy blue blow your horn"...and he would blow that horn right in front of me. I hated Tennessee more than Alabama for years back then I think. There wasn't much money back in those days; so we would only get to see about one game a year in person...most of the rest I remember listening to Gary Sanders (after '66 I think he came in)...I still love to listen to football on the radio. There was nothing like listening to the Amazin's on the radio and especially the '72 game. Since we've been back in the US, I've had to listen to several Auburn games on satellite radio since a lot haven't been on TV out here. The kids don't understand why I like that so much.

I have been an Auburn fan from as far back as I can remember. Early 70's. I think I started out being a fan just to piss my Dad off who was a big Alabama fan. Long after I stopped wanting to piss him off I still loved the Orange and Blue. After family members started school at AU my love for AU only grew more. The very first game I ever attended at JHS was the LSU FIRE game......what year was that?

I have been an Auburn fan from as far back as I can remember. Early 70's. I think I started out being a fan just to piss my Dad off who was a big Alabama fan. Long after I stopped wanting to piss him off I still loved the Orange and Blue. After family members started school at AU my love for AU only grew more. The very first game I ever attended at JHS was the LSU FIRE game......what year was that?

I became an Auburn fan in 1963, and have never looked back. Once an Auburn fan, always an Auburn fan!

Thanks Penguin149...

Try longer

We no longer know how to accurately count using the lunar/solar calendar of Enochs time. All we can do is make educated guesses of your pre-flood fandom.

I'd have to say it was 1982. Auburn v uga. After barely losing to # 1 , the students stayed in the stands and just shouted...

" It's great ... to be...an AUBURN Tiger! "

Proud. Defiant. And not daunted by the loss that day, one bit.

I was there. And Auburn has never left my heart since.

Archived