2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

Both Gus and Charlie Strong are solid men. Either coach would be good to play for, maybe better for a WR to choose Gus though.

A WR needs a QB Auburn has one as we saw at Texas last year they don't.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, guys, I've missed something. I haven't been keeping up with him much recently; I suppose I was just waiting on what seemed like an inevitable NSD commitment.

Do we not feel good about Burt solely because he hasn't peed or got off the pot? The last thing I recall was that he recommitted from Texas about two weeks ago.

TIA.

WDE!

Father lives in Atlanta, wants him to go to Auburn (I think John wants to go to Auburn as well) and his grandmother who lives in Austin, along with his mother who lives somewhere close to Austin want him at Texas. At the moment, his mom had overruled any possibility of him going to Auburn. That's the issue at the moment. I personally believe he'll up in Orange and Blue. But that's just me.

I realize one of the reasons this has all come about is because he is trying to respect both his parents. However, speaking strictly in a technical sense, his Dad can sign for him as long as he has joint custody I believe. Am I right on that ? If true, she can't veto his choice, she can only influence it.

He is going to have to understand something. Since it seems no matter which choice he makes one of his parents will be disapponted (I am reserving comment on that), he needs to choose the school that he wants. My own opinion, if he goes somewhere he doesn't want to go, he won't be happy. That will be true for either AU or Texas, in spite of doing what one of his parents want.

Kid should absolutely go where he wants; and both parents should tell him that. Period.

Both Gus and Charlie Strong are solid men. Either coach would be good to play for, maybe better for a WR to choose Gus though.

Yep, the kid would sure benefit from being on the receiving end of a JJ bomb for sure.

Yep, the kid would sure benefit from being on the receiving end of a JJ bomb for sure.

He would definitely benefit from being in an offense run by Gus and JJ.

It is weird that his mom wants him to go to school so far away from Florida.

Not so weird when you read the entire thread. He has a lot of family in the Austin area and it's reported that his grandmother works or worked for U-Texas. It may well be easier to move the mom out there than any other option.

So, have the coaches cooled on Burt, or what?

I think the coaches feel like they have done all they can do. If a large segment of his family, including Mom and Grandma want him at Texas then maybe it's wise for Auburn to start looking elsewhere. I don't think we've cooled on him, I do think our staff is not getting the positive vibes from Burt and his folks.

Ridiculous a parent should hold a kid back from going to the school they wanna go to. Is momma gonna be lacing up her cleats and running onto the field on Saturdays as well as busting her balls to get an education? No? Then let the kid decide momma!

Wtf does anyone here know about this kids life? It could be there are good reasons his mother wants him near Austin. Some of y'all need to get a life and quit trying to live someone elses.

Ridiculous a parent should hold a kid back from going to the school they wanna go to. Is momma gonna be lacing up her cleats and running onto the field on Saturdays as well as busting her balls to get an education? No? Then let the kid decide momma!

For a lot of these kids, they grew up without a father in the home. Mom is their most important, most trusted adviser and their guiding light. Recruiting is often about the coaches making a good impression on mom, convincing mom that their son will be safe, will get a good education, and will be in a wholesome family environment -- in addition to being able to play football. These kids are in high school. They don't make decisions on their own.

If he didn't have any guidance people would complain about that.....I don't think we should speak on how any recruits parents raises their child...

If he didn't have any guidance people would complain about that.....I don't think we should speak on how any recruits parents raises their child...

This. If I had a child that was being recruited, I would definitely be involved and have input on the outcome.

This. If I had a child that was being recruited, I would definitely be involved and have input on the outcome.

Bingo

Not so weird when you read the entire thread. He has a lot of family in the Austin area and it's reported that his grandmother works or worked for U-Texas. It may well be easier to move the mom out there than any other option.

quite possibly she feels like that being around other family members would be the best thing for him. She may think he needs that and maybe he does.

*INPUT*. This sounds more to me like dictating. Again, just what it SOUNDS like.

i was just empathizing at the two different directions the parents were pulling him. stressing an already stressful decision. having both involved is great, not as great as if they were both working together to lead their son in his best interest. i have no idea which school is best for his situation.

It's funny that fans think it's a travesty when a parent is directing a kid to an opposing school and think it's great when a parent likes AU and is happy with Auburn. Seems disingenuous to me.

War Damn Eagle!!

What you have here is the difference in opinion between people that have kids and people that don't.

And where the kids are going to end up.

Amen.

It's funny that fans think it's a travesty when a parent is directing a kid to an opposing school and think it's great when a parent likes AU and is happy with Auburn. Seems disingenuous to me.

War Damn Eagle!!

And again.

Please, Auburn fans, stop talking about this kid's family. At some point y'all turned "mom wants him in Austin and dad wants him in Auburn" into some sort of BS after school special. It's definitely undignified, probably exaggerated and possibly a bit disrespectful.

War Damn Eagle!!

Wrong. We think its great when a parent likes Auburn because Auburn is a great school and place and its where their son should be.Directing the kid to another school is not a travesty, just a mistake.

Wtf does anyone here know about this kids life? It could be there are good reasons his mother wants him near Austin. Some of y'all need to get a life and quit trying to live someone elses.

Father knows best.

Father knows best.

You've always been an idiot, no reason to stop now.

Archived