2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

If he didn't have any guidance people would complain about that.....I don't think we should speak on how any recruits parents raises their child...

Amen.

It's funny that fans think it's a travesty when a parent is directing a kid to an opposing school and think it's great when a parent likes AU and is happy with Auburn. Seems disingenuous to me.

War Damn Eagle!!

And again.

Please, Auburn fans, stop talking about this kid's family. At some point y'all turned "mom wants him in Austin and dad wants him in Auburn" into some sort of BS after school special. It's definitely undignified, probably exaggerated and possibly a bit disrespectful.

Ummmm, I think you misread the second quote. It is a knock on those knocking on Burt's family.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the kid can't go wrong here. If he chooses Auburn or Austin, he is getting a great town and college atmosphere.

If he didn't have any guidance people would complain about that.....I don't think we should speak on how any recruits parents raises their child...

Amen.

It's funny that fans think it's a travesty when a parent is directing a kid to an opposing school and think it's great when a parent likes AU and is happy with Auburn. Seems disingenuous to me.

War Damn Eagle!!

And again.

Please, Auburn fans, stop talking about this kid's family. At some point y'all turned "mom wants him in Austin and dad wants him in Auburn" into some sort of BS after school special. It's definitely undignified, probably exaggerated and possibly a bit disrespectful.

Ummmm, I think you misread the second quote. It is a knock on those knocking on Burt's family.

Thus "And again", in reference to the previous "Amen".

Amen.

War Damn Eagle!!

And again.

I think he meant to say amen, again. He was in agreement with the second quote.

Well, things have led us to believe this was going to happen. Texas is getting a good one. I hope we can pull a taller receiver out this year.

That sounds like a guy who is happy with his decision and who was not coerced as so many suggested in this thread.

Good luck to him, glad it wasn't another SEC school.

Best of luck to him.

It's not for everyone, but I put a high priority on family, so I can't fault someone for siding with the family's wishes.

Is it their Burt or our Irvin that's buds with the Texas CB commit?

WDE!

Best of luck to him.

It's not for everyone, but I put a high priority on family, so I can't fault someone for siding with the family's wishes.

Is it their Burt or our Irvin that's buds with the Texas CB commit?

WDE!

Irvin

Free info on Burt from Hoke LINK

Keith and I both felt this was coming when Burt didn't flip to Auburn about two weeks ago.

Burt de-committed from Texas and committed to Auburn behind the scenes, but he wanted to speak with his mother before making the announcement. His mother didn't take the news well, Burt ended up not going public with his Auburn commitment. When that happened, it wasn't looking good for Burt joining Auburn's class.

The night Burt de-committed from Texas and I told the board to hold on, it was because I was on the phone with Burt getting quotes on his commitment to Auburn. He decided not to go public right then, then it never happened.

I thought Auburn could still pull him, but every passing day made it less likely. Bottom line: Burt's mother wanted him at Texas, Burt didn't want to disappoint anyone (certainly not his mother), and that's where it appears he's going. Auburn did everything they could and Dameyune Craig worked really hard.

Probably the first adult decision of importance these kids have to make in their life is where to go to school. Burt wanted to go to Auburn. His mother wouldn't respect his opinion and insisted on Texas. Burt chose Texas. More accurately, his mother chose Texas. Thus, Burt let his mama make his decision for him. He's a child. He needs to grow up. Maybe he will take solace from someone's home-cooked meal after Texas gets trounced in next year's Taxslayer Bowl. BTW, I thought CGM brought Craig back because of his recruiting prowess. Isn't he supposed to win these kind of recruiting battles? I know you cannot win them all, but how many has Craig won since 2012? Who are the huge "gets" on his Auburn coaching resume'? This is an honest question.

how many has Craig won since 2012?

Craig was with FSU for the 2012 class and season. He started at AU with the 2013 class. He's won 17 in 3 plus classes at AU.
Who are the huge "gets" on his Auburn coaching resume'?

5* WR Nate Meyers

5* LB Tre Williams

5* WR Duke

Other notables all 4*s

Nick Ruffin

Kal Bessent

Justin Thornton

Tony Stevens

Jason Smith

Earnest Robinson (DNQ)

Stanton Truitt

I agree with the first part of blueridge's post above. Yes you get advice from your family but then YOU make the decision. From hoke's article it leads me to believe he is going to sign with school #2.

On the flip side ... As a point of personal responsibility ... Regardless of why you make a decision, it is ultimately his decision. Good or bad, it is his call and he has to own it.

He appears to be a gifted athlete who is going to an historically top program to play ball and get an education. Good for him. Texas is a solid place to live and Austin is a great town.

Sometimes my head hurts just trying to figure out all of the banter. One thing that Austin has to offer is the massive flock of bats that comes out in the early evening hours. Who knows, maybe the whole bat phenomenon makes it hard for recruits to say no to the horns. Imagine trying to clean up all of the bat guano. Now that would be a perfect job for Updyke.

Archived