2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four-star receiver John Burt of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln told 247Sports he will announce his college choice 3 p.m. Sunday during a press conference at his grandparents' house in Tallahassee.

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Burt is the No. 13 receiver and No. 127 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

Texas leads the 247Sports Crystal Ball with 53 percent of the 19 predictions. FSU (32 percent) is next, followed by Auburn (16 percent).

However, sources close to Auburn believe Burt will choose either the Longhorns or Tigers.

Burt last visited Auburn in June and said that trip gave the Tigers a boost. However, a few weeks later he publicly named Texas his leader at The Opening.

Chris Vaughn, special teams coordinator and secondary coach with the Longhorns, is listed as his primary recruiter for Texas. For Auburn, it is co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach Dameyune Craig, who previously coached down the road from Burt at Florida State.

Free article that KN posted.

Were we ever seriously in the race with this guy?. I know we discuss about every kid that shows the slightest interest as if he is ours to lose...but seems that while we were on his list, we were never really likely to get him. Oh well....I always figured him for Texas so guess this is not too much of a disappointment ....or surprise.

Were we ever seriously in the race with this guy?. I know we discuss about every kid that shows the slightest interest as if he is ours to lose...but seems that while we were on his list, we were never really likely to get him. Oh well....I always figured him for Texas so guess this is not too much of a disappointment ....or surprise.

Don't know how to answer your question other than to say we finished #2 but Texas was going to be hard to beat here.

CDC will stay on him though and with AU being closer to home for most of his family, big years by Sammie and/ or Duke may really open his eyes.

Don't know how to answer your question other than to say we finished #2 but Texas was going to be hard to beat here.

CDC will stay on him though and with AU being closer to home for most of his family, big years by Sammie and/ or Duke may really open his eyes.

Are we targeting 1 or 2 other WRs just in case Jason Smith doesn't make it to Auburn? OR would the staff be fine with just taking 1 more WR to go along with McGriff?

Once he sees Duke and Sammie change the meaning of wide receiver this year, he will quickly see the error of his decision.

Are we targeting 1 or 2 other WRs just in case Jason Smith doesn't make it to Auburn? OR would the staff be fine with just taking 1 more WR to go along with McGriff?

Campbell and Merritt are top targets regardless. Not sure what the staff would do if JS does not make it to AU because The staff full expect to bring JS in barring him getting in trouble again.

Campbell and Merritt are top targets regardless. Not sure what the staff would do if JS does not make it to AU because The staff full expect to bring JS in barring him getting in trouble again.

Cool. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

This one is not over yet.

Correct. I think He'll sign with Auburn.

WHOA! Wkere is this coming from my friend?

Fkip watch. Texas will lose to UCLA.

Neither team has looked good. It will be interesting to see how Burt's recruitment plays out. I have not heard him connected with AU in a month though.

Neither team has looked good. It will be interesting to see how Burt's recruitment plays out. I have not heard him connected with AU in a month though.

PM.

Nevermind. Burt's in yesterday's AUC Recruiting Insider,which basically says the same thing WDEWDE said 6 weeks ago, that it's not over yet. Moving this back to the AU recruiting forum.

Nevermind. Burt's in yesterday's AUC Recruiting Insider,which basically says the same thing WDEWDE said 6 weeks ago, that it's not over yet. Moving this back to the AU recruiting forum.

So he's on flip watch?

So he's on flip watch?

Not yet IMO but Texas's season will be a very interesting thing to keep an eye on here.

So Texas lost that means he flips tomorrow morning... Right? I kid I kid.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late to the party on this line of thinking but it does look like John is on flip watch. Just looked at his senior film and I'm excited about his potential. He can do a lot of things.

Hmm. Reference made to something happening on the Florida panhandle tonight in that most recent recruiting podcast...

(Feel free to delete this insanely speculative post :) )

Archived