2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

Hmm. Reference made to something happening on the Florida panhandle tonight in that most recent recruiting podcast...

(Feel free to delete this insanely speculative post :) )

No need to. Keith will let everyone know who he is covering tonight soon.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched Burt's senior film. He is exactly what I want for receiver. He is big, tall and athletic. He reminds me of Williams on our team this year. Not sure he can make the crazy catches Williams can, but he looks really good. Come to AU.

JB's recruitment has really picked up. After saying earlier this week the only Texas game he could possibly make was TCU at the end of the year and that was only if his HS team was not still in the playoffs, he is actually in Texas now for a UOV for their game against Iowa St. We should know one way or another on him after next week. If he visits AU for the Cocky game then things will be looking good. If not then they aren't.

E, you said he dropped several passes at the opening. Is he more consistent at catching passes this season, or will that be something we will have to live with if he chooses Auburn.?

E, you said he dropped several passes at the opening. Is he more consistent at catching passes this season, or will that be something we will have to live with if he chooses Auburn.?

I don't know. I don't have his game film to see how many times he was thrown to. All I know is he has about 20 catches for around 600 yards right now.

I don't know. I don't have his game film to see how many times he was thrown to. All I know is he has about 20 catches for around 600 yards right now.

thanks. I figured you didn't have his game film, but maybe heard something from a recruiting hot shot.

thanks. I figured you didn't have his game film, but maybe heard something from a recruiting hot shot.

Only reports for this season are on his recruitment. Nothing specifically on how hre is catching the ball this year. 2 of the 4 sites having scouting reports on him having good hands. The other 2 sites do not have a scouting report on his skills. The Opening could have just been an anomolly hands wise.

That is a crazy 30 yds per catch average. Wow.

And what's even more impressive is a number of his plays were short catch that he broke for long gains. Check out his senior film I posted on the previous page or 2.

And what's even more impressive is a number of his plays were short catch that he broke for long gains. Check out his senior film I posted on the previous page or 2.

I did watch his senior film. Impressive. That is way I thought he ran like our receiver Williams.

I did watch his senior film. Impressive. That is way I thought he ran like our receiver Williams.

did you watch his game film or just his highlights? Both can tell two different stories.

did you watch his game film or just his highlights? Both can tell two different stories.

Us regular folk who don't get paid to cover recruiting don't usually have access to game film.

Us regular folk who don't get paid to cover recruiting don't usually have access to game film.

Plus, who has all that time.

Plus, who has all that time.

My point is, judging a players highlight film can be night and days difference from his game film. Some players look like Reggie Bush out of high school and us recruiting junkies think they will be the best thing since sliced bread. Most of the time, those same players end up being average collegiate football players. In John Burt's case. we knew he had trouble catching the ball at the preseason camps, so I am not going to put a lot of stock into his highlight film. Highlight films are positive in nature. So are selective stats. That's great that he has 30 catches for 600 yards... That tells me he is an excellent athlete! It doesn't tell me how many times he was thrown to or how many drops he had.He may not have any drops this season, that's why I asked about that last week.

I live in Tallahassee and John is actually friends with my son. We went to see the Lincoln vs Leon game last Thursday night (John Burt for Lincoln and De Anfernee McGriff for Leon) and watched John make a beautiful diving catch early on in the game. He may have only caught one or two other passes throughout the game but this Lincoln team is loaded with talent so the ball is spread around. John also took the second half kickoff back for a TD. Man that kid can move! Unfortunately for McGriff (who looked like a man-child on the field) went down with a knee injury early in the 1st half. Lincoln won big that night!

I live in Tallahassee and John is actually friends with my son. We went to see the Lincoln vs Leon game last Thursday night (John Burt for Lincoln and De Anfernee McGriff for Leon) and watched John make a beautiful diving catch early on in the game. He may have only caught one or two other passes throughout the game but this Lincoln team is loaded with talent so the ball is spread around. John also took the second half kickoff back for a TD. Man that kid can move! Unfortunately for McGriff (who looked like a man-child on the field) went down with a knee injury early in the 1st half. Lincoln won big that night!

So did you deliver "the bag"?

Ha! No bag delivery from me! A big reason he committed to Texas is because he has family that works at the University. He likes Auburn too and had an AUsome time during the LSU game weekend. We'll see where he ends up.

Seems like we should be hearing about Burt's trip to Texas last weekend by now.

Not necessarily. There is article on how his visit went. It's VIP so it can't be discussed on AUF yet.

FWIW per Allie D on the Tuesday AUR Rundown podcast JB's mom is now on board with JB picking AU. If that's true it could be ver big for AU's chances of Flipping Burt.

Would we be done at WR should he flip? And if he did not, are we done then too?

I have to imagine that we would still take Kirk Merrit or Christian Kirk even if Burt flipped, but I think we'd be more than happy with just Burt flipping.

Archived