2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

Would we be done at WR should he flip? And if he did not, are we done then too?

Yes, unless Kirk or Merritt want to sign. Then we take all three because, well, that's what you do. If they all decide to go elsewhere, we are done then too. In short, we will take none, one, two or three of these guys and then be done at WR.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, unless Kirk or Merritt want to sign. Then we take all three because, well, that's what you do. If they all decide to go elsewhere, we are done then too. In short, we will take none, one, two or three of these guys and then be done at WR.

Well I hear what your saying, but is it just those three?

1. We would still take a Kirk if he wanted to come. 2. The staff has not decide yet if they will pursue another WR if they miss on Burt and the Kirks. All this info was in the free podcast posted in the AUC podcast thread today.

Well I hear what your saying, but is it just those three?

Yes. See what I highlighted. Unless, of course, super-stud #4 shows up with an interest in AU. Then we take him. There is never really a point when a team is "done" at any position. They may not be running around trying to find a warm body at a given position, but if a truly outstanding prospect becomes available, then all of a sudden "done at that position" turns into "we'll make room".

Burt is probably going to flip... If he does, do we stop pursuing the two Kirks all together?

Not unless the coaches get the feeling that they are wasting time on one or both of them. These guys are too good to pass on if we have a chance.

Burt is probably going to flip... If he does, do we stop pursuing the two Kirks all together?

Look up a couple of posts. This has already been answered in this thread and discussed in the AUC Recruiting podcast thread.

Great article on John Burt and his recruitment when he got his Under Armour Jersey today Link

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- ESPN 300 wide receiver John Burt was presented with his Under Armour All-America Game jersey Thursday morning in a ceremony sponsored by American Family Insurance. The ceremony took place in front of family, friends and teammates at Lincoln High School’s auditorium in Tallahassee, Florida.

Lincoln has been one of the top programs in Florida in recent years, but Burt will be the first player from the school to play in the Under Armour All-America game. Head coach Yusuf Shakir said his star athlete will be a great representative.

"Well No. 1, I think he’s a great kid; he’s phenomenal. He is so unselfish and wants everybody to be successful,” Shakir said. "He really doesn’t know how good he is and the type of level he’s at. He has no clue about that; he’s just so unselfish and wants everyone to be successful. He’s a tall kid that can run and he can do a lot of things that small kids can do. He just has that true natural ability and he works so hard to develop that and he’s willing to do anything and everything.”

Burt has been committed to Texas since July, but it now appears he is torn between the Longhorns and Auburn.

"Really the only two programs I still have interest in are Auburn and Texas, and I’m trying to kind of decide if I want to stay committed to Texas or commit to Auburn,” Burt said. “It’s kind of hard to say which way I’m leaning. It kind of moves around a little bit. But really I’m just kind of flip-flopping and weighing out all of the options.”

The four-star receiver has already visited both schools and more visits could be coming.

"I might visit both schools; it all really just depends if I flip to Auburn,” Burt said. "Pretty much after I make this final decision, I’m pretty much going to be done after that. So it really all depends."

It really is just a matter of time though. Now that his Mom is reportedly "on board", that tells me John has been convincing her himself, most likely.

Let's see...

*Tallahassee to AU = 3.5 hour drive

*Tallahassee to Austin = 3.5 hour flight

*There's a decent chance Texas will not win another game this year and finish 3-9.

Things were different when he committed to Texas in July...the excitement of a new staff, etc. Now reality has set in. IMO he's already given Gus a verbal, just trying to decide how/when to announce. Will be a GREAT pickup!! He also mentioned how he would love to play on the same team as Christian Kirk. Obviously, they've been talking. AU=Wide Receiver U

Let's see...

That part is not an issue to him or his family. All of his family except his mom and Aunt live in or near Austin.

Let's see...

That part is not an issue to him or his family. All of his family except his mom and Aunt live in or near Austin.

Stole my fun Ellitor. However, we all know Mama is the most important and a plane flight away isn't ideal compared to a relatively short drive. Now Mama can come watch him play. On top of that, Texas WILL have a losing season this year and that can't sit well with a high profile recruit. Burt to AU makes sense. I know recruiting is unpredictable and a lot of recruits play games but in the end often times the sensible choice wins. That's my no insider info two cents.

Stole my fun Ellitor. However, we all know Mama is the most important and a plane flight away isn't ideal compared to a relatively short drive. Now Mama can come watch him play. On top of that, Texas WILL have a losing season this year and that can't sit well with a high profile recruit. Burt to AU makes sense. I know recruiting is unpredictable and a lot of recruits play games but in the end often times the sensible choice wins. That's my no insider info two cents.

Until recently mama was the one pushing him hard to Texas. That may still be the case as nobody else has yet to confirm Allie D's info about mama being open to AU now.

I do not care how high he can jump, or how damned fast he is, nor do I care if he looks like Tarzan.....all I want is someone who can catch the football........period.........I am tired of us signing receivers who can't catch the ball

I do not care how high he can jump, or how damned fast he is, nor do I care if he looks like Tarzan.....all I want is someone who can catch the football........period.........I am tired of us signing receivers who can't catch the ball

I'm not sure I follow you on the Tarzan part.... For the rest, I been saying the same thing. I love me some height on the wide receivers but it does no good if the ball kerplunks against their hands and falls to the ground.

I'm not sure I follow you on the Tarzan part.... For the rest, I been saying the same thing. I love me some height on the wide receivers but it does no good if the ball kerplunks against their hands and falls to the ground.

Regarding Tarzan, it may be a reference to Coates great build. I totally agree with the good hands. of course I would like it best if our guys were are bigger, stronger, faster and had great hands.

John Burt update

Texas' highest ranked 2015 commit to visit Auburn again

34 minutes ago

John Burt, Texas’ highest ranked commitment in 2015, has vacillated back and forth between Texas and Auburn over the last few months. And it’s a cycle that doesn’t appear to be have an end -- at least soon.

Burt, a four-star receiver, was in town for Texas’ game with Iowa State two weeks ago for an unofficial visit. And soon, the 6-foot-3, 180-pound receiver will take another unofficial visit – this time to Auburn. Burt declined to say which of the Tigers’ two remaining home games he’ll attend, but it’s a safe bet he’ll be back there for the second time in a matter of months very soon.

JMO, I think we will get Burt and hopefully on this visit. I have no inside info; only everything I have read recently. He will make a great addition.

Link

4-star WR target to attend Auburn-Texas A&M game

17 hours ago

Texas Longhorns 4-star receiver commit John Burt of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln will attend next weekend's Auburn-Texas A&M game at Jordan-Hare Stadium, he confirmed.

Burt officially visited the Tigers the weekend of Oct. 4.

Two weeks later, he unofficially visited the Longhorns.

Burt told AuburnUndercover in a recent interview the Tigers has closed the gap with Texas and his final decision would be a difficult one.

He is the No. 11 receiver in the 247Sports Composite.

Link

17 hours ago

Texas Longhorns 4-star receiver commit John Burt of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln will attend next weekend's Auburn-Texas A&M game at Jordan-Hare Stadium, he confirmed.

Burt told AuburnUndercover in a recent interview the Tigers has closed the gap with Texas and his final decision would be a difficult one.

:thumbsup:

Link

17 hours ago

Appreciate the update E.

I too have a feeling Burt will flip. Seems our staff does spend a good bit of time and energy to flip certain selected recruits. I'm sure they have inside info that tells them their committment might not be rock solid.

Archived