2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

• 1 month later...

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Mike is basing this on the fact that Bama is telling him that he will play OT. We are being truthful and telling him Guard. Carr could be a very good Guard one day with some work but IMO, and that of talent evaluators, is he doesn't have the athleticism to play OT. We watch Sabear do this every year with one kid. Tyler is a good kid and has a great frame, but he is a Guard. Especially in the SEC with the Rush DE's we face every week.

With all due respect to Dixie, IMHO I respectively disagree. Tyler hasn't show the lateral movement necessary to block the second level which is necessary in our current offensive scheme if you play the OG position. He dose have the frame to be a good run blocker which would project him to be a right tackle.

Haven't felt good about Carr for some time now. I don't believe he has visited in quite a while. Does anyone know if he wasn't invited or just hasn't been able to come to these Junior days?

With all due respect to Dixie, IMHO I respectively disagree. Tyler hasn't show the lateral movement necessary to block the second level which is necessary in our current offensive scheme if you play the OG position. He dose have the frame to be a good run blocker which would project him to be a right tackle.

And that is perfectly fine. I will say that I based my post on info from Camp reports and from someone at the B'Ham NFTC event. I would think that both OT spots need the most athleticism to block the DEs in the SEC. My other point remains, bammer plays kids like this every year. He is evidently listening.

Haven't felt good about Carr for some time now. I don't believe he has visited in quite a while. Does anyone know if he wasn't invited or just hasn't been able to come to these Junior days?

How much money do you guys think these kids need to spend to come see Auburn before you are happy. Until fall all visits are unofficial and are paid for by the recruit or there family. Hopefully he will show up for Big Cat, but if not I will not be worried. Now if he doesn't show up for an official visit, where everything is paid for I will start to worry. The same goes for every other recruit, especially those that are not driving distance from Auburn. I was stunned Sean White visited as much as he did from South Florida. That was amazing.

He has visited Alabama's A-Day and Jr. Day recently. This coupled with the Sharp commit makes me think he might be leaning a little further west than I'd like. Anyone who can put my fears to rest?

He has visited Alabama's A-Day and Jr. Day recently. This coupled with the Sharp commit makes me think he might be leaning a little further west than I'd like. Anyone who can put my fears to rest?

Just from what I've read about him, the staff wanted him to commit earlier then he wanted too and help recruit. That being said, we have better prospects on our board that are takes for us. I'm in no way an insider or anything, just repeating what I've read on this board.

So has it been confirmed that he chose Alabama's A-Day over our A-Day game?

So has it been confirmed that he chose Alabama's A-Day over our A-Day game?

B Matthews posted a pic of him at AU Satuday.

I personally saw Carr, Sean White and Roc Thomas enter the AU field together right before the autograph session. I was about arms length from all three.

I personally saw Carr, Sean White and Roc Thomas enter the AU field together right before the autograph session. I was about arms length from all three.

I saw Carr on the field before our A-day game as well. I don't have a picture, but he was there.

I did not realize Sean White made it. It would have been good to get this thoughts. I bet he would love to be able to throw to Duke and Sammy but htey will be gone before Sean plays. We need to be able to reload at WR.

Archived