2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we land Kim to go along with Harrell and potential transfer Golson, I would agree with E and others that Carr may have lost his spot. Especially with Patterson, Richmond, and Ivey still on the board ahead of him.

If we land Kim to go along with Harrell and potential transfer Golson, I would agree with E and others that Carr may have lost his spot. Especially with Patterson, Richmond, and Ivey still on the board ahead of him.

I'm not sure what role the recent OL commits will have on Carr with AU. We are looking to take 5-7 OLs now.

Elite offensive guard Tyler Carr sets another return visit to Auburn after 'impressive' A-Day ...

The 6-foot-5, 311-pounder told AL.com he's been to the Plains "nine or 10" times now and will return for Big Cat Weekend, Auburn's unique, annual recruiting push in May.

"They really looked sharp out there," Carr said. "Compared to last year's spring practice, they're more polished and have gotten a whole lot better. It's really impressive how far they've come in a year. They will have one of the best lines in the SEC.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/four-star_ol_tyler_carr_sets_a.html

Elite offensive guard Tyler Carr sets another return visit to Auburn after 'impressive' A-Day ...

The 6-foot-5, 311-pounder told AL.com he's been to the Plains "nine or 10" times now and will return for Big Cat Weekend, Auburn's unique, annual recruiting push in May.

"They really looked sharp out there," Carr said. "Compared to last year's spring practice, they're more polished and have gotten a whole lot better. It's really impressive how far they've come in a year. They will have one of the best lines in the SEC.

http://www.al.com/sp...arr_sets_a.html

That is a lot of visiting...

My gut says :wareagle:

My gut still says nope. He's not committing til late Fall and by then I doubt there will be an OL spot left for him.

My gut still says nope. He's not committing til late Fall and by then I doubt there will be an OL spot left for him.

Your gut is wiser than mine E,

But I have a hopeful/optimistic gut

I have been hearing that with the chance that Kim commits to AU on Thursday, Carr is feeling pressure to commit because all our slots are filling up. Per E, it will be interesting to see if he will be a take.

Sounds like the last guy to commit might find the door closed. Who would have believed this a few years ago?

If he gets shut out, he can thank his indecision. But also Thigpen and Will Friend for convincing him he will be an OT for them. Tyler is a OG in the SEC, period. He can poop in one hand, and hope to become a LT in the other. Wake up son! I have wanted him in this class for well over a year, if he isn't, it's on him.

If he gets shut out, he can thank his indecision. But also Thigpen and Will Friend for convincing him he will be an OT for them. Tyler is a OG in the SEC, period. He can poop in one hand, and hope to become a LT in the other. Wake up son! I have wanted him in this class for well over a year, if he isn't, it's on him.

Look at it this way. He could have committed and then decommitted later. I admire him if he was unsure. I'm sure we'll have some guys that go ahead & commit and then flip. It happens and like I said, I admire Carr if he was not 100% sure.

I think in the normal course of events Gus shows a guy all he can show him, asks him to come on and help recruit and if nothing happens after a reasonable amount of time, the bus leaves. The bus would have left Evans last year had it not been so close to signing day.

I want Carr here so I hope he gets on board with haste. He's been talking that "lifelong Auburn fan" stuff since last year. It's time for him get on or get off.

If Carr is not a take I'm sure our staff has told him so. Why does he continue to show so much interest in AU? I'm sure the #4 rated OT (according to Rivals I think) has tons of committable offers. So you would think TC might consider moving on.

If Carr is not a take I'm sure our staff has told him so. Why does he continue to show so much interest in AU? I'm sure the #4 rated OT (according to Rivals I think) has tons of committable offers. So you would think TC might consider moving on.

He is showing interest because he is a take. Nobody has said he is not a take. What we are saying is if he keeps farting around he will not be a take later. After Kim commits tomorrow we are taking 2 to 4 OLs more. Also some feel that Rivals ranking is a good bit too high and that he may be exposed at camps this Summer like he was some at the camp in Birmingham last month. AU wants him at guard not tackle anyway. AU may be done at guard after tomorrow as we are taking both Kim and Harrell at Guard.

So Carr might not be a take when (if) Kim commits to the Good Guys tomorrow? Because we could be done at OG? My thought is if Tyler still comes to Big Cat he is still a target. And If he doesn't commit shortly thereafter it could be over for AU and Carr. Does that make any sense? I bet Mr. Carr is getting a big dose of brainwashing from the UGA/UAT crowd. Sure hope it doesn't take.

Isn't Carr an early enrollee? Would that give him more time to commit, since he could count back to last year?

Isn't Carr an early enrollee? Would that give him more time to commit, since he could count back to last year?

I think the bigger issue for him is the number of OL we've already had commit (and we're expecting another in Kim). Regardless of which year it counts towards, we're only going to take so many OL in this class, and if we have enough quality guys jump on board early the staff may just not want to bring in a 7th or 8th OL

Guys, we currently have 14 OL. We'll lose Slade and Dismukes to graduation. We have 2 OL currently committed in Harrell & Sharp. Kaleb Kim will put us at 15 OL for 2015 and. Austin Golson will put us at 16 if he transfers in. There is a chance that Avery Young or Shon Coleman could turn pro if they have a breakout season like Robinson did. We could also lose others like Shane Callahan to transfer that could bring these numbers down.

But the point is that that we still have guys like Martez Ivey, Drew Richmond, Javon Patterson, Nick Wilson, and Dallas Warmack on the board. So yeah, Tyler Carr's opportunity may be running out. This OL is going to be LOADED for the next several years!

Agree here. We will only take so many and the clock may just run out. When you commit right now is stronger than when are you coming I believe.

I think in the normal course of events Gus shows a guy all he can show him, asks him to come on and help recruit and if nothing happens after a reasonable amount of time, the bus leaves. The bus would have left Evans last year had it not been so close to signing day.

I want Carr here so I hope he gets on board with haste. He's been talking that "lifelong Auburn fan" stuff since last year. It's time for him get on or get off.

It's funny how these hard and fast commitment dates will change when there is a sense of urgency. It also has a tendency to weed out the charlatans. The OL is filling up so we will see if this Fall commitment date is hard and fast. He has enough information to make a decision. So if Carr wants to really be an Auburn Tiger he will make a move, if he doesn't he won't.

Archived