WarTim

Seriously guys, we have a saying in my family. "The Bama grads are pretty alright. Bama FANS are another story." You know the difference.

In my family we all admit that bama is a great...football school. . . .

That's about it. In every other endeavor they fall far short of national standards and are considered nationally to be merely a backwater stuck in the 19th century. Look around the rest of even the SEC and you'll find all the other schools surpass bama in several departments and curricula. They're not even at the top of the SEC in any academic achievement, and that's not really setting your sights very high.

They claim they made college football, but the truth is that college football made them. Without it they'd be nothing at all.

This is patently false and makes you look foolish.

Alabama ranks ahead of Auburn as an academic insitution

Alabama is annually ranked as a top 50 public institution

Alabama ranks 2nd in the APR, behind only Mizzou and ahead of Vanderbilt

Alabama has the 21st ranked Law School in the country ahead of schools like Emory and Notre Dame. When factoring in cost, it was ranked #1...in the country

So if we're better than Auburn academically, and we 'fall behind' national standards, what does that say about

Actually what I said is spot on, bamr, and you and the whole country know it. Claim rankings all you want but it's the success and achievements of your grads that tell the tale. You crank out ambulance chasers, shysters, AL legislators, crooks of every sort. I know you're proud of that because cheating is your strong point, but you're the only group who admires frauds.

Auburn has more grads as CEPs than does bama, no matter what you claim to be ranks. Your silly excuse for agricultural studies is a joke.

Your grads are adept at filing frivolous law suits and ripping off their own clients. That's what you're known for producing Other schools around the SEC produce graduates dedicated to feeding the world and healing the world. And they're known the world over for it whether you're willing to admit it or not. (I know the world. I've been there.)

Your school's grads are known for stealing, just as your fabled football program is. And your fan base is known as the most despicable in the country; Harvey Updyke being your hero. You rallied in support of him and flocked to him to get your pictures taken with him. When anyone runs across one of your people outside of Alabama the turd is invariably a loudmouthed obnoxious boor, making a jackass of himself in public.

Like it or not, those are the facts. And even though you'll never admit it, you know it as well as everyone else does.

Did you mention they are located in a cesspool commonly known as turdtown due to it's horrific surroundings and the team and fans that infest it?

And yet they claim it's 'high class'.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously guys, we have a saying in my family. "The Bama grads are pretty alright. Bama FANS are another story." You know the difference.

In my family we all admit that bama is a great...football school. . . .

That's about it. In every other endeavor they fall far short of national standards and are considered nationally to be merely a backwater stuck in the 19th century. Look around the rest of even the SEC and you'll find all the other schools surpass bama in several departments and curricula. They're not even at the top of the SEC in any academic achievement, and that's not really setting your sights very high.

They claim they made college football, but the truth is that college football made them. Without it they'd be nothing at all.

This is patently false and makes you look foolish.

Alabama ranks ahead of Auburn as an academic insitution

Alabama is annually ranked as a top 50 public institution

Alabama ranks 2nd in the APR, behind only Mizzou and ahead of Vanderbilt

Alabama has the 21st ranked Law School in the country ahead of schools like Emory and Notre Dame. When factoring in cost, it was ranked #1...in the country

So if we're better than Auburn academically, and we 'fall behind' national standards, what does that say about

Actually what I said is spot on, bamr, and you and the whole country know it. Claim rankings all you want but it's the success and achievements of your grads that tell the tale. You crank out ambulance chasers, shysters, AL legislators, crooks of every sort. I know you're proud of that because cheating is your strong point, but you're the only group who admires frauds.

Auburn has more grads as CEPs than does bama, no matter what you claim to be ranks. Your silly excuse for agricultural studies is a joke.

Your grads are adept at filing frivolous law suits and ripping off their own clients. That's what you're known for producing Other schools around the SEC produce graduates dedicated to feeding the world and healing the world. And they're known the world over for it whether you're willing to admit it or not. (I know the world. I've been there.)

Your school's grads are known for stealing, just as your fabled football program is. And your fan base is known as the most despicable in the country; Harvey Updyke being your hero. You rallied in support of him and flocked to him to get your pictures taken with him. When anyone runs across one of your people outside of Alabama the turd is invariably a loudmouthed obnoxious boor, making a jackass of himself in public.

Like it or not, those are the facts. And even though you'll never admit it, you know it as well as everyone else does.

Different schools have different strengths. And every ranking list can use their own methodology, I have seen Auburn ranked higher academically on some and Alabama higher on others.

In reality the best way to judge the quality of an institution is how the "skins" on the wall are perceived by employers. And I am not talking in Alabama since most employers will have bias one way or another.........it's how it is perceived by others in other regions.

Oh, you're trolling, I thought you were serious.

As you certainly know that a law school of Alabama's caliber doesn't produce many ambulance chasers.

And yes, we will claim rankings. As that's what matters. And frankly, anyone who thinks a standard undergrad education from a non top tier public institution is any different from most of the others...is kidding themselves.

A business degree from Auburn is the same as one from Alabama is the same as one from Tennessee.

And I am not talking in Alabama since most employers will have bias one way or another.........it's how it is perceived by others in other regions.

Exactly. And an undergrad skin on the wall from Alabama isn't going to make a difference any more than from Auburn (and vice versa). Unless: you're being hired by someone who went there. Or: it has some randomly super highly ranked program (see South Carolina's International Business Program being #1 in the nation)

This BGs standard MO. When there is negative stuff going on with bama that even he can't spin, he slinks away.

Pretty sure I had plenty to say in the HaHa thread yesterday.

We're undefeated. Nothing negative about that.

I'd also like to point out that I don't show up here after we beat Auburn's ass in either. It was 42-0 at the half last year and you didn't hear a peep from me.

As predicted he changes subject. BG=Shane in Centerpoint, AL.

This BGs standard MO. When there is negative stuff going on with bama that even he can't spin, he slinks away.

I'd also like to point out that I don't show up here after we beat Auburn's ass in either. It was 42-0 at the half last year and you didn't hear a peep from me.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Perfect match

As you certainly know that a law school of Alabama's caliber doesn't produce many ambulance chasers.

And yes, we will claim rankings. As that's what matters. And frankly, anyone who thinks a standard undergrad education from a non top tier public institution is any different from most of the others...is kidding themselves.

A business degree from Auburn is the same as one from Alabama is the same as one from Tennessee.

And I am not talking in Alabama since most employers will have bias one way or another.........it's how it is perceived by others in other regions.

Exactly. And an undergrad skin on the wall from Alabama isn't going to make a difference any more than from Auburn (and vice versa). Unless: you're being hired by someone who went there. Or: it has some randomly super highly ranked program (see South Carolina's International Business Program being #1 in the nation)

True, it's not the school's name that matters. It's the quality of the person holding the degree. And the success rate of Auburn grads, and their level of integrity, does indicate that Auburn draws a far higher level of person than does bama. The best known Auburn people are almost invariably success stories. bama's tend to be scandals.

True, it's not the school's name that matters. It's the quality of the person holding the degree. And the success rate of Auburn grads, and their level of integrity, does indicate that Auburn draws a far higher level of person than does bama. The best known Auburn people are almost invariably success stories. bama's tend to be scandals.

Or blood sucking odds makers....one comes to mind. ;)

RIP Shane.

RIP Shane.

That's toll ride....time to pay. :jossun:

I honestly don't get all the BG03 hate around here. Yep, he defends his team, but honestly do you expect anything different. If you don't want to engage him, then don't.

In all my years on this board, I haven't had a problem with him being here. Doesn't mean I always agree with him, but the constant beating on him seems unnecessary. JMO.

War Eagle!

Ah, sanity. A resource in scarce supply. Thank you.

Timeout: The subject he replied to was "BG slinks away when negative stuff about bama comes up."

BG replies with a rebuttal to that claim, pointing to his active participation in the thread on HaHa's suspension, but because he also mentions some other BTW stuff he's changing the subject?

Reading is hard.

Timeout: The subject he replied to was "BG slinks away when negative stuff about bama comes up."

BG replies with a rebuttal to that claim, pointing to his active participation in the thread on HaHa's suspension, but because he also mentions some other BTW stuff he's changing the subject?

Reading is hard.

Can't you just throw it in the shed without defending your bff? Lol.

Reading is hard.

If I want to point out the holes in the non-logic, that's what I'll do. If I think someone is getting a beatdown they deserve I'll either let it run its course or pile on. I've never been a completely passive observer around here and I don't intend to start now.

Reading is hard.

If I want to point out the holes in the non-logic, that's what I'll do. If I think someone is getting a beatdown they deserve I'll either let it run its course or pile on. I've never been a completely passive observer around here and I don't intend to start now.

I was just messing with you. We all know how tight you two are. I'm amazed you've held back so much lately. It must tear you up inside. :)

I mostly ignore it. But sometimes the dumb is too obvious to let go.

Couldn't agree more.......from both sides!

Archived