And with that, Ohio St has 0 ranked teams on their schedule

BamaGrad03

Consider this-- should an undefeated Ohio State team get the nod over a one loss AU if Auburn were to win out? I don't think so.

Absolutely not. If Auburn wins out there's no way Ohio St should get in over them. I think AU would be favored over Ohio St right now.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consider this-- should an undefeated Ohio State team get the nod over a one loss AU if Auburn were to win out? I don't think so.

Absolutely not. If Auburn wins out there's no way Ohio St should get in over them. I think AU would be favored over Ohio St right now.

IF IF IF Auburn did win out there would be no question they would jump OSU but I am not so sure they make the top 2

Alabama (If we win out obviously we would have beaten Alabama they drop)

FSU (Going to be tough I think they run the table)

Oregon (Only scenario that works here is they beat Stanford and lose to Oregon State, not sure about that one)

OSU (Please if they run the table their schedule will kill them too many other teams that will be ahead of them)

Missouri (If Auburn runs the table they will play them in the SECGC and this will boost their Auburn's SOS even more, if USCe beats them that would suck)

Stanford (Oregon beats them)

Miami (will lose)

Baylor (will lose)

Clemson (USCe needs to help us again)

Texas Tech (Unknown, however I believe they will lose one)

So this leads to an FSU/Oregon MNCG Which I think would be a very good match-up just saying!

IF IF IF Auburn did win out there would be no question they would jump OSU but I am not so sure they make the top 2

Alabama (If we win out obviously we would have beaten Alabama they drop)

FSU (Going to be tough I think they run the table)

Oregon (Only scenario that works here is they beat Stanford and lose to Oregon State, not sure about that one)

OSU (Please if they run the table their schedule will kill them too many other teams that will be ahead of them)

Missouri (If Auburn runs the table they will play them in the SECGC and this will boost their Auburn's SOS even more, if USCe beats them that would suck)

Stanford (Oregon beats them)

Miami (will lose)

Baylor (will lose)

Clemson (USCe needs to help us again)

Texas Tech (Unknown, however I believe they will lose one)

So this leads to an FSU/Oregon MNCG Which I think would be a very good match-up just saying!

At this point, it would be the two BEST teams in college football.........

I never asked u anything about Florida in my original post; And when are the bammer schedule makers man up and play Georgia and South Carolina in the same season? I'll answer that for u, NEVER!!

Edited by war eagle6, Yesterday, 10:38 PM. Seems to me u have a reading and comprehension problem ^^ where in that little paragraph do u see Florida being mentioned?

I never asked u anything about Florida in my original post; And when are the bammer schedule makers man up and play Georgia and South Carolina in the same season? I'll answer that for u, NEVER!!

Edited by war eagle6, Yesterday, 10:38 PM. Seems to me u have a reading and comprehension problem ^^ where in that little paragraph do u see Florida being mentioned?

The assertion that Bama skirts Florida has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. It was also a major talking point by butthurt AU fans this summer.

But now you've changed it to Mizzou. Apparently we skirted them on purpose this year. Which makes total sense. I'm sure we'd want to dodge a team that went 5-7 last year and we beat 42-10.

Why do we have to play SC and UGA in the same season? Does Auburn play SC this year?

The assertion that Bama skirts Florida has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. It was also a major talking point by butthurt AU fans this summer.

But now you've changed it to Mizzou. Apparently we skirted them on purpose this year. Which makes total sense. I'm sure we'd want to dodge a team that went 5-7 last year and we beat 42-10.

Why do we have to play SC and UGA in the same season? Does Auburn play SC this year?

We play South Carolina and Georgia next yr in the same season!! Which is what i questioned u about bama schedulers avoiding a schedule with both sc and ga in the same yr. it won't happen! And u know it!

We play South Carolina and Georgia next yr in the same season!! Which is what i questioned u about bama schedulers avoiding a schedule with both sc and ga in the same yr. it won't happen! And u know it!

And we play Florida and UT next year. What's your point? Since Auburn won't play Florida and UT in the same season does that mean you're skirting them?

It's not possible for us to play Ga and SC in the same season - GA isn't our locked in east opponent. As a matter of fact, Auburn is the ONLY team in the SEC West who could possibly play both teams.

You're starting to sound a little crazy.

Translation: the mayor of munchkinland is afraid to play a REAL SEC schedule.

And we play Florida and UT next year. What's your point? Since Auburn won't play Florida and UT in the same season does that mean you're skirting them?

It's not possible for us to play Ga and SC in the same season - GA isn't our locked in east opponent. As a matter of fact, Auburn is the ONLY team in the SEC West who could possibly play both teams.

A&M could. SC is their permanent East opponent. However, I must agree that all this chatter over Bama's SEC schedule is kinda ridiculous. 2012, 2013, and 2014 were scheduled by the SEC itself to manage the expansion and transition to 6-1-1 scheduling. If I recall correctly, the previous arrangement of permanent SEC East rival plus two rotating was also decided by the SEC. Bama has the occasional easy and difficult SEC East schedule, just like we do. We got UGA, you guys got UT, and LSU got Florida. They voted on this stuff, they didn't just call up Saban and ask what he wanted.

And u sound like a dumba$$ when u say AU is the only team in the west to play both sc and ga in the same yr! Lsu plays the top teams from the east yr end and out! And I saw how u tried to throw ut in with Florida like I'm suppose to be impressed with that, it is a rivalry so u could have kept that because bama plays them every yr! Throw ga in or sc and then I'll be impressed, kinda like how Lsu did in 2011. But u and I both know that wont happen

if Auburn were to run the table. I do not see them jumping Oh st. I agree and think they should, but I don't think it will happen. We would be left out again, more than likely their will be 2 undefeated teams if not more. But this is doubtful anyways. Auburn is getting better each week. But if they make to many mistakes in any SEC game left they could lose (minus Ark). Just like the LSU game. Next year is Auburn's for the taking!

V. tech schedule is a joke so far (not counting Bama of course), They almost lost to marshall. Their O is atrocious. Unless Duke pulls an upset, V. tech will only lose to Miami. so they will be ranked high by default, even though their quality of opponents is not that good.

LSU is not as good on D this year, as previous years.

LSU or A&M will probably lose 2 more games dropping one out of top 25.

Although bama hasn't played anyone besides A&M with an Offense. their D is looking GOOD. Its hard to say if Bama or Flor. D is better. If you gave Florida, Bama's Offense I am sure they would look better and have given up less O yardage to opponents. When your O stinks your D is going to be on the field longer. I haven't watched FL much this year, so I don't really know.

At the end of the season;

Bama will prob. has 3 ranked Opp. non inside top 10

FL ST will have 2, 1 possibly in top 10

Oreg. will have 3, 1 possibly top 10

Oh ST will have 2 maybe 1, non in top 10

Oh St will have 1 maybe 2. non top 10

On the SEC vs SEC schedules. No team can help who they get from the other Division. Its not up to the teams. they are on a rotating basis, with keeping one rival each year. Hopefully we go to 9 SEC games soon, because with 8 it would be years before some west vs east teams play each other. The current problem with the SEC scheduling is the cross rivarly games that play each other every year. Bama gets Tenn. is it really a rivalry when tenn. sucks year after year? This leaves one more divsional team. Auburn vs GA, LSU vs FL, S. Car vs Ark., Bama vs Tenn. Now Bama can't help that tenn sucks. But this is why I want 9 SEC games.

My 1/2 cents

How can you say we'll have none in the top 10? If we play an undefeated Mizzou in the SECCG, I can't see them falling all the way out of the top 10. And if Auburn keeps winning, and we beat them, I could see them finishing top ten with a 10-2 record. Same goes if A&M wins out.

Stanford, on the other hand, already has a bad loss and would have at least one more from Oregon. And no title game to get another win. So that'd mean Oregon had zero top 10 wins.

And I think you'll get your wish on 9 game schedule sooner rather than later.

well see how the season plays out. I wasn't looking at the SECCG, didn't leave out on purpose, was just looking at regular season. I don't think A&M wins out, D is too bad, JF is already hurt some could get hurt again. LSU and/or Mizz beats them. You are correct in playing Mizz. as a top 10 if they only lose 1 game before SECC. Well revisit this in a few weeks :)

If Stanford only loses to Oreg. they will be top 10. They would have beat Or. St. and Notre Dame and UCLA, Ariz. St.

I don't think with Auburns rest of the Schedule will help them any if they lose to Bama. the only way they climb and stay in top 10 if other teams lose/beat each other. Only ranked team AU would have beat is A&M maybe Ole Miss. Also think there will be more 2 loss teams this year. I may be wrong on this, will have to wait and see.

I may be wrong. The BEST team in college football is either Fl St-Oregon-or Ohio State. All three very close. In that order as of today.......

I may be wrong. The BEST team in college football is either Fl St-Oregon-or Ohio State. All three very close. In that order as of today.......

I agree with you that this year, 2013, the best two teams in college football are Oregon & Free Shoes U (love the classic Spurrier). My gut is that PSU actually plays well and handles Ohio St tomorrow (don't claim I'll be RIGHT...just a feelin'). li'l generals minions will lose to LSU or Auburn (or both) and as long as FSU or Oregon don't either "pull a Clemson" then that'll be your final MBCSNC game in history. I'll even go as far as to say that if Missouri were undefeated, along with Ore & FSU, that since their name ain't bama, they would get shut out.

we will see when FL ST plays Miami and FL, if they are the best. I want to see how their Off. doesnt agaist good D. They haven't played anyone with a D. I do think SEC is left out this year, if Bama loses.

Auburn will make the 1st College Playoff!

Archived