Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Early Line

Staff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel pretty confident that it will be close. I think we really try to pound the ball on them and make them stop the run. This will wear them out in the 2nd half and keep JM off the field more. Ole Miss' run package was pretty successful in the 2nd half. I thought they were really dumb for throwing it 3 straight times when they got the ball at the end of the game.

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is. I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole. Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine. Their defense looked a little better against the run last night. And they're playing at home. I believe we can beat 'em, but....

At this point I'm very surprised by this line....I was thinking it would be less than a td

Likewise. I was figuring we'd be 5-7 point dogs. But it doesn't really surprise me that there's not much respect out there for Auburn ... yet.

We don't even know who our QB is. I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole. Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine. Their defense looked a little better against the run last night. And they're playing at home. I believe we can beat 'em, but....

I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high. Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.

WTH? I figured it would be 10, at the most. I do think this will be a line that comes down as the week goes along. That only happens a handful of times each week.

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high. Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.

aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

I'm actually not that surprised. Going to be back and forth high scoring and I could see a scenario where A&M scores late to make it a two score game. If this game were in JH the line would be inside 10 pts. They are flat out hard to stop. They dropped 42 on Bama. Bama has allowed TWO touchdowns in their other 20 quarters of football this season.

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

A&M has played better on the road under Johnny Football then at home, not sure why but that is a fact. Our improved Defense and an O that can break out against a weak A&M D is the recipe for an Auburn win. remember A&M couldn't stop Arky O either.

aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/stats/rushing-defense/

but note that they only gave up 133 last night

A&M has played better on the road under Johnny Football then at home, not sure why but that is a fact. Our improved Defense and an O that can break out against a weak A&M D is the recipe for an Auburn win. remember A&M couldn't stop Arky O either.

I understand they haven't lost on the road in the SEC but that does not necessarily mean they've played better on the road than at home.Those home opponents had A LOT to do with how they played. Sorry but I dont think Auburn is in the same league defensively as LSU or Florida yet. This game will be more about US not being able to stop THEM than vice versa

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/stats/rushing-defense/

but note that they only gave up 133 last night

True but Auburn's oline is better than OM's. I know OM starts a freshman on the oline and I believe a second starter, while an upperclassman, is a first year starter. And OM's biggest back is 185 lbs. Auburn's rush attack is better than OM's.

At this point I'm very surprised by this line....I was thinking it would be less than a td

Which is why they are making all that crazy early Aggie money give up 14.

I have the same feeling I did with Alabama vs South Carolina in 2010. I told everyone South Carolina was gonna win and they did, I think we win comfortably. I dont see them stopping us on offense and I think we force field goals instead of td's in the red zone. And I think Carl Lawson will give Johnny Manziel nightmares running the zone read. What stopped Oregon vs us Nick Fairley's quick first step getting to mesh point. Lawson has same thing from the edge. He also didnt get fooled once vs Ole Miss and Bo Wallace had no clue what to do.

I'm actually not that surprised. Going to be back and forth high scoring and I could see a scenario where A&M scores late to make it a two score game. If this game were in JH the line would be inside 10 pts. They are flat out hard to stop. They dropped 42 on Bama. Bama has allowed TWO touchdowns in their other 20 quarters of football this season.

Bama has really played no one this year. A&M exposed them and old Miss beat themselves.... LSU will spank Alabama...

Which is why they are making all that crazy early Aggie money give up 14.

Yep.

Archived